1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v23 Bugs and Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by E_T, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E_T

E_T Chieftain

since I've got a bug and this thread hasn't been started as of yet, I'm starting it.

Post your Version 23 Bugs and Crashes here, please.

2. E_T

E_T Chieftain

Python Exception when going into the Victory Screen

After hitting O.K., just a bank screen with the time (turns) left in the upper left corner.

3. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

I downloaded both parts 1 & 2. I unzipped part 1 to the mods folder as I've done before and unzipped part 2 into the 'assets' folder in Caveman2Cosmos. When I load the mod or my savegame I get this error;

Tag: UNITCLASS_SPIKED_CLUBMAN in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I get the same error for STONE_MACEMAN and HEAVY AXEMAN. I just started a game so I haven't built these units but I'm assuming it'll crash once I try.

4. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Um, those units weren't supposed to be in the V23 release.:confused::sad:

5. E_T

E_T Chieftain

CTD just now, will gather savefile and logs in the morning (almost midnight now).

this is a different one, I think:

CivIV Error box with ok button on bottom...

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
    File:\main\Civilization4\SDK\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:749

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Please post bugs and crashes from version 23 of Caveman 2 Cosmos here. It helps us keep better track of things. ;)

7. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

I have taken the liberty of having strategyonly start this thread (his sig gives it such an official feel ;)) and stickied it - call it abuse of mod powers :p

8. ori

Is the graphics one reproducible (often they are not) and if so is it solved by reducing graphics settings? Maybe something was added that puts additional strain on the graphics engine (not sure).

9. strategyonly

oops, i put them in, :eek::p

Try the NEW part 1 in the d/l area, i put in a new UnitInfo there, sorry:blush:

:lol::eek::eek:
    ahahaha nice, i like that!!!;)

10. Il Principe

Il Principe Prince

I got an end of turn CTD using Revision 2539.
    It realy seems to be something specific to that turn ( ending 96BC). Loading the 98 BC autosave I could go to 96 BC just fine and crashed again when ending that one.

Edit: And before you ask: This game is set to Monarch difficulty, that´s why I am reasearching assembley line about a century BC.
    Mini Dump and both saves:

Attached Files:

11. azcore

azcore Chieftain

Same here.
    I am playing with flexible difficulty option and for now I even can't check current difficulty.
    Is there any workaround? May be it's fixed in svn?

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@SO: I think I know what is wrong with the release version 23. When I committed my Early Units, I accidentally committed only some of the files. I didn't think too much of it, I just commuted the rest. However, I think you built te release off of that intermediate revision, and that would most certainly cause the specific mentioned XML errors. The upshot if this is that you'll need to re-release V23, as it currently will not function properly in the Prehistoric unit progression. Sorry for this confusion. :sad:

13. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Just downloaded part 1 again and have this same error message.

14. strategyonly

Have you got it fixed in the SVN?

EDIT:
    Crap i think i figured it out, its in part 2, let me re-do that one, i only did part 1 with the unitInfo before, DUH!!

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Yes, it was fixed when I committed the rest of the files, 5 minutes later.:rolleyes:

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I haven't been able to reproduce this from your autosave (load game, refuse all the diplomacy, byuild default building suggestion in the cities that ask, end turn immediately) either with or without the 'minimize AI turn time' BUG option set (minidump pointed to an area that might make this significant). However, the minidump does provide enough info for me to see what was wrong that caused the crash, if not how it occurred. As such I could produce a fix to the proximate cause of the crash, but there might still be an underlying issue, which I can't see since I can't reproduce the failure.

What settings were you running with on:
    1) BUG option to minimize AI turn time
    2) Dynamic unit graphics (from the global define XML, so if this was vanilla V23 it would be off)
    3) Any other non-default option settings you can think of (not game options - those are all part of the save so I'm running with a matching set)

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Im cannot reproduce any issues with the victory screen. It may well depend on the particular set of victoruies you have selected or other factors perculiar to your game. A save game that exhibits it would help...

18. E_T

E_T Chieftain

Can you please post in the main thread when the files are updated, I've downloaded this about 3 times so far.

Thanks for your hard work, by the way...

19. azcore

azcore Chieftain

All victories besides Mastery are selected. And it happens with every game I've started right from turn 1.
    I created new game right now with latest SVN commit and error are the same, savegame attached.

Attached Files:

20. ori

should work - are you allowing cross-site scripts? IIRC some of the scripts governing some posting functions originate from civfanatics.net instead of civfanatics.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.