v23 ranged attacks

TBZ

Chieftain
These don't seem to be happening. I can't figure out how to do a ranged attack, and the AI (neither civs nor barbs) is using these against me. I'm running the basic install, which I believe has ranged attacks turned on. Could this be a bug?

Ranged Attacks or Archer Bombards? I remember someone telling me Archer Bombards were taken out for some reason.

Not sure what the difference is. All of my archery units have the words, "Can do ranged attacks" in their description. And a search of the forums suggests that they ought to have an action button to allow them to attack without taking damage. However, I can't find any such button, and none of the AI/barb units have ever done anything like that.

Perhaps it was removed from the game, but the devs neglected to remove the 'ranged attack' text from the unit descriptions?

I opened the options screen (Ctrl-Alt-O) and found that the box by "Archer Bombard" was empty. I clicked to put an x in the box, but the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed any.

I'm also having trouble with multiple production. When I queue up multiple buildings, they still get built one-at-a-time. The overflow just builds up to some max, and then begins being converted to coins.

Both of these seem like cool features, but I'm a bit sad and confused that I don't seem able to get them to work. Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,

multiple production works fine. Just have enough things cued up, and hammers can't overflow into research for example.

Archer bombard I haven't used in awhile so im not sure. If you have selected it in the BUG menu (have the little box ticked) then it should work. If its ticked but you can't press (B) and then bombard with your archers, then something is wrong. I have tried archer bombard in the past and although its a cool feature and stuff, its not exactly balanced coz the AI doesn't use it very well. Like they sometimes just sit there bombarding when they should be attacking etc

Archer bombard I haven't used in awhile so im not sure. If you have selected it in the BUG menu (have the little box ticked) then it should work. If its ticked but you can't press (B) and then bombard with your archers, then something is wrong.

Something is wrong. Other mods that includes DCM have archer units with the button, but none (that I have seen so far) in this mod do. It's either disabled (probably), or broken, or only available to late units. Siege units have it, but archers don't. I will say though that in other mods that include it it is pretty worthless anyway as the damage done is usually negligible.

Glad someone else has the same problem. I was wondering if it was just me.

On the topic of multiple production and research, it turns out that these are both disabled by default. To get them to work, I had to start a new game via the 'custom game' screen, and 'x' those boxes.

Yeah, I think we all have the problem with archers not able to bombard, it's just no one has taken the time to fix it.

I have same problem in v24. Archers don't range attack. Battering Ram can bombard city but Ballista Elephant can't. They even have the range indicator for ranged bombard but no button to execute. Pressing B toggles Border Patrol Automation.

Archers have not been able to bombard for many versions now. I think it dissappeared when we moved to the latest RevDCM.

Don't know if possible or not, but could that option be removed from the BUG screen? It just seems to confuse people that use it in other mods.

I may have inadvertently found and fixed the problem there (with a little help from Koshling.) What I find frustrating with the option as well is that its a Rev option thus I can't manipulate it in a multiplayer game (which is most of what I play) without doing some process I never can remember how to go about considering how many files we have in the mod. I was thinking... if its fixed, it would benefit from being moved to another 'type' of option. I'll circle around and start really trying to fix it if it isn't fixed by my adjustment already. (it was asking if a unit was an archer in a way that wasn't very functional for an ongoing mod in development.)

I may have inadvertently found and fixed the problem there (with a little help from Koshling.) What I find frustrating with the option as well is that its a Rev option thus I can't manipulate it in a multiplayer game (which is most of what I play) without doing some process I never can remember how to go about considering how many files we have in the mod. I was thinking... if its fixed, it would benefit from being moved to another 'type' of option. I'll circle around and start really trying to fix it if it isn't fixed by my adjustment already. (it was asking if a unit was an archer in a way that wasn't very functional for an ongoing mod in development.)
If you want that option changeable in multiplayer check how Afforess did the syncing of the AND options (mainly using MODDEROPTION for the state and sending a net message whenever the BUG option is changed).

Top Bottom