1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - MultiPlayer Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Folket

Folket Chieftain

I have never been able to load an autosave from a hotseat game. The normal saves work but if I load an autosave I just end up at the desktop.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think I can understand why that is actually. Kinda tough to explain but yeah, I get it.

I haven't figured out branches yet but if I want to do something like this again I'll do just that then.

So... maybe one of the calls is missing a true value in bAsync then? Might take a bit more effort to figure out WHICH call should be declaring bAsync as true, but could that actually be a part of our problem here?

Now THAT's odd! I don't even have a theory there...

3. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

If you have a crash to desktop (CTD), there should be a minidump in the BtS exe folder.

4. Folket

Folket Chieftain

Does autosaves work for anyone else in hotseat? They work fine in singleplayer for me.

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

6. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Chieftain

Here's a bug I haven't found mentioned (yet). Not sure if it is a bug or just a weird game thing but anyway. I'm posting it in multiplayer since that's what it happened in; but it may happen in single player too.

A lot of times when I'm wandering around the map and I come across another 'stone thrower' or 'brute' or whatever, I'll click to attack them and it'll say 'Does this mean WAR (against whoever)?' and click 'yes' and then nothing will happen. They'll just stand there. Now I do understand that this could be an accurate depiction of the brain capacity of early homo sapiens, but it's a bit weird. I have to click about three or four times before they'll attack.

On the times when they don't attack, the enemy flag flashes to my flag very briefly.

7. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I don't get that that early since I play with Minor Civs, but I do occasionally get that with attack stacks in the later game. I haven't investigated it because normally clicking again will get them to attack properly.

8. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

My friend and me, we both use v27 (without nightly builds). We can play singleplayer flawless, but the game crashes during the loading time in multiplayer. We have Windows 7.

UPDATE:
    The host got the game working, my game crashed with a xml error in a narbona file.

9. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

any help?? I deleted the c2c folder, didn't solve the problem.

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

11. Folket

Folket Chieftain

A minidump from when I tried to load an hotseat autosave.

Attached Files:

12. TheProfileth

TheProfileth Chieftain

I have been having issues with what I have pretty much figured out to be RoM's OOS logger which has actually been removed in RoM 2.92 (however we are using RoM 2.91 for some reason even though it is nearly 2 years out of date...)
    I removed on both of the offending parts from my computers, however I still get issues so I switched back and I continue to get an endless string of messages at the top as soon as we go out of sync which we frequently due for god knows what reason. Here is a saved game with the issue and a screenshot.

Attached Files:

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The problem with the event manager is a failure to log the OOS error file - its not finding the right file to put it in. AIAndy was trying to make an adjustment there and something isn't working quite right at all times with it (though sometimes it does so its really strange...)

But OOS errors are sadly something we'll be plagued with until AIAndy can return and get those debugged. He's about the only one here who can unfortunately.