1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Please report all bugs and crashes from the release of v27 and after in this thread. (Release v27 = SVN 4192)

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the following in your report:-
    The version of c2C you are playing. this would be "the download version" or the "SVN version xxxx". (Note: SVN is the beta version fr more information on how to use the SVN version see here.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
    • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
    • MiniDump.dmp file.
    The MiniDump is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing caveman2Cosmos.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem.​

Read the FAQ it also tells you how to turn on logging.

2. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Chieftain

SVN 4192: Is the UU Swazi Tracker supposed to be a Hunters unit class? That seems more suitable than it's current Recons unit class, based on the Civlipedia text and the -20% city attack (an irrelevant abilty for defend-only Recons).

For my tastes the unit is a little too strong at 10; other units enabled with Iron Working are 7 and 8. I think 8 is more suitable, but that's based on my tastes where Hunters types are not the best attack units for their era. Your tastes may vary.

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

It is a hunter so it can get more Free XP.

4. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Chieftain

I did not explain it very well - In SVN 4192 it shows as a Recon class, not as a Hunter class. I agree it should be a Hunter.

5. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Oh, you're right. I'll change that.

6. Slarki

Slarki Chieftain

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I can't read it (the resolution of the image is not high enough). Could you be more precise than 'wut' ?

8. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

I think he means the volcano on top of his city, rather than the text on the side.

On a side note, may I again request people post thumbnail links instead of inline images (no matter how much reduced in resolution), as pages load faster that way.

9. LumenAngel

LumenAngel Chieftain

About Housing...
    Is it normal that a city have neither Housing(*) neither Housing (Homeless)?
    My capital had a Housing homeless at its firs turn, but my second city, no.

And is it nomal taht some non-housing building replaces Housing (Homelesss)? Neanderthal cave is an example.

I think a Pedia section for Housing will be needed ^^

10. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@Koshling:

You said you want to work on the military AI, and I have some material for you to work with. In this game, the Carthaginians declare war on me, and in the only good AI move of the war, the Greeks and English decide to pile on for no good reason.

However, even though combined my enemies have over twice my military power not one enemy unit comes anywhere near my borders, even though I am supposedly the defender in the war. This gives me time to build two stacks of doom to go and attack Carthage with. BBAI logs and a savegame are attached.

Attached Files:

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not really a bug no? Perhaps we should have a stickied thread here for BBAI log reporting?

12. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Reposted from multiplayer thread as I mistakenly posted it there.

Very, very early in the game (37,750 BC) and I'm seeing a pretty massive number of animals throughout the world. I'd say 65-70% (if not more) of the non mountain hexes contain an animal. Is this the desired spawn rate?

Huge Perfect Mongoose Snail pace game.

Link to picture *It appears to not let me resubmit it.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Noticing you're on Snail... I'm thinking the spawn rate may be higher for faster game speeds but I'm not sure. Joe posted an even more animal-crowded map earlier from a Normal game speed. On the longer game speeds we don't see anywhere near that many.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Areas that have not been hunted out should be full or close to when your hunters and scouts get there. This is because of the number of turns it took you to get there and wanting a realistic respawn rate later. If you feel it is too high just reduce the rate in the globals file. see concepts for details.

15. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Not sure how I feel about it. Given the aggresivness of even the non-predatory animals... it just seems to be a set up to kill Wanderers, Chasers, Scouts and even Trackers if they don't travel in groups.

Was just checking if it was intended or not.

----------
    On a side note I decided to try a new map at one of the slower speeds (previously Snail was the 2nd to slowest), and I discovered Walruses on a desert tile. Even though it was pretty far to the north and not that far south from the Tundra line, it still through me and looked really odd.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Wanderers are only good for the 1st 30+ turns imo. Hopefully you will have Chasers and Club man by then and in another 10-20 turns be turning out Spiked Club and Trackers. Well on Epic and Normal speed this is true. Takes longer obviously on Eternity to Snail speeds. But still the pattern holds true.

I only build 1 or 2 Wanderers and the same for Chasers any more. Why? Because Club man and then Spiked Club with Animal, Forest, and Hill Promos are better, last longer, Harvest more animals, and can take out Neanders. Wanderers and Chasers can not take out Neanders Except on a forested Hill and fortified and then only in a defensive act.

JosEPh

17. Necratoid

Necratoid Chieftain

I click through the download page tree starting from origin thread and get a file not available message.

Caveman 2 Cosmos sticky thread main post--> Download here --> Download file --> Download on the tool bar --> v27 link ---> Download Now ---> Click past the add via click to begin downloading --> and get a "The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later"

Concidering that link is broken how do I get the new version?

18. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Rev 4201:
    All cities are able to build Pit Traps again after loading. If Pit Traps are build, they become available to be build immediately again. Mouseover of Pit Traps says they are build in (eg.) xxx BC. On the other hand, Pit Traps are in the list of buildings that can be sold (CTRL-A).
    Savegame attached.

View attachment 335208

19. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Chieftain

Some things I noticed in my latest game (started with V27, giant, snail, Perfect Mongoose, start in Old world, break pangea, start as minors, agressive barbs)

1) Traits in the Civpedia are a litte bit "messed." For example, it says:
    Agcricultural: Builts XXX,YYY,ZZZ 50% faster; double production speed for AAA,BBB,CCC, Builds DDD,EEE 50% faster..."
    Why don't you combine the 50% for XXX,YYY,ZZZ,DDD and EEE?

2) The Bengal Tiger can't build the Master Hunter. Not sure if this is on purpose, but if, I can't image why. It's a big animal and I think it would be quite difficult to subdue it.

3) (Housing) Animal Hide Tents replaces (Housing) Bone Huts; but the Animal Hide Tech is a prereq for Boneworking, which enables Bone Huts.

4) Someone wanted to identify redundant Tech quotes:

When you research Tool-Making the Quote and the Audio for that quote are different.
    Natural Pigments and Groundstone uses the same quote.
    Same as Chopping and Scarping.
    And Adhetives and Binding.
    The Quote for Spearmaking is also used at least twice, but I don't now what was the 2nd Tech with that quote.

5) Not sure if a bug, but when I fortified my Scouts they weren't attacked after a few turns by animals. If I let them explore (or move them manually) they get attacked again. Maybe the animals think the scouts are too strong when fortified, but my scouts can't be killed by animals even if they move and stand on grassland. So why do the animals attack them then?

@ Koshling:

I researched hunting and built a hunter that started with Hunting I and since it got 5 XP it also had 2 free promotions. A little later it got a 3rd one. So with Shock II it was basically invincible at that time. So I took my General and let it hunt with my Hunter. This way, I have a General with 100+ XP and I just B-lined Tribalism. Maybe you could teach the AI this trick?

20. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Well, the combat mod gives you some real new experiences.

With the newest additions it'´s time to turtle in and defend.

Why?

I just attacked a barbarian city with some Koas, barbarian defenders are stone axeman.
    After four Koas were killed a quick mouse-over showed the barbarian units in full health.

I think this is not intended and needs some serious tweaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.