v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Hum I wonder what the problem is then?

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Really weird. I hope AIAndy can see this sometime, as it is certainly Expression-related.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I am going to go to 4486 and see if that one works, the one right before TB had the changes.

4. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

I still believe Thunderbird's changes aren't the problem but maybe that's just me.

5. strategyonly

Do me a favor and take out the NEW schema from the units and re-place with OLD one, and see if that works now??

Delete all Custom Assets and Logs inside the folders thx.

6. strategyonly

OK i found out the problem, it was the UnitInfos that Hydro just submitted, there is something in there that is drastically wrong.

ls612 hold on to this post i will update soon so check back

I am going to put up a UnitInfo that DOES work, but there is ALOT of changes on it and i do not know exactly what you guys were working on. You will have to do a Winmerge, i guess.

EDIT: OK i put the one that works in the attached. (Again needs lot of changes done.)

I have to rest now, my head is spinning from all this. . .SO

7. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Edit: Ok it worked. I managed to load my savefile again and the Civilopedia is fine again as shown here.

Did you find the source of the problem though?

Attached Files:

8. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer win Peace thru War!

Is version 27 or more importantly will version 28 be compatible with Windows 8? I was zooming right along with a game I was playing since version 24 and with Windows 8 it has all kinds of errors, both old and new games. Yes I updated to BTS3.19 and the latest update for CIV 4. Merry Christmas everyone.
    :)

9. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

10. strategyonly

Here's a mini-dump went i try to start an older game, it just CTD. Maybe something in there??

Saved Games are still not working, but you at least can start a game now, dont know if the saved game will work ??????

EDIT: OK this is what i had to do to get my savedgames working correctly IF your using the SVN:

I deleted my playing copy completely.

I completely copied the SVN copy and pasted a copy of that into my mods folder and it works now, even the saved games. :crazyeye:

11. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@strategyonly

The Recon Drone Plane upgraded to itself. I removed that since I think it caused an infinite loop. I can now load the game. Update your SVN and see if you have any more problems. If not then we will have to check the code again. But I am pretty sure that was the cause of the error.

12. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Settled Citizen give this.
    Barbarian World can give you one if you are lucky and ready for a very early game gamble.

A solution for this can be the Great Citizen, a P able to give a free person (no a great one). It was like this is another mod. Another solution is a totally random GP

13. Fangren

Fangren Chieftain

Hey, I've been playing the latest SVN version (4502 I think), and I've been having trouble changing BUG options in-game. The menu works and such, but any changes I make don't actually affect the game, and when I go back to the BUG menu the options have been reset to the defaults.

EDIT: After getting the error messages to appear again (they only seem to show up for the first new game started when C2C is loaded up), I've managed to get the two error messages which show up. They're pretty much identical, both BugConfig - failure parsing (blah blah blah)\Config\RoMSettings.xml lines 144 and 282. I've included the PythonErr file as recommended in the first post.

Attached Files:

14. Farouche

Farouche Chieftain

First, thanks for all of the work, C2C team.

It looks as if the last update broke the two C2C earth/standard earth scenarios; when I begin them as the 'Vikings', I have no civic for military (militia is unselected), and when I try to select militia it causes a ctd. These two scenarios are pretty much how I play; if anyone could fix them, I would have their (virtual) babies.

15. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Starting new games these days (Deity) I invariably end up with :mad: citizens every time from start, sometimes two (with :mad: from autobuilt housings) if I have a trait giving +:mad:. I am very much of the opinion that starting without the ability to actually do very much, and having an unhappy city from start, is not what having fun with a game is or should be. Playing Eternity with two :mad: from start means hundreds of turns before being able to actually do anything as one has to go for Oral Tradition (for a total of +2:)) before being able to put the first citizen to work out in the field.

Either some penalties need to be reduced (by 2:mad:) or starting bonuses for :) need to be increased.
    My suggestion is in the Civics, reducing Anarchy's -3:) to -1:). There's no reason to stay in Anarchy anyway after while so in my opinion the change does not impact the game in any other way really.

I did this in my new game with the new Traits just to be able to PLAY from the start instead of just letting turns go by.

Cheers

16. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

I hope to implement a change to the traits were certain features evolve into existence. Its very hard to balance the traits when we have such a fragile early game like you say. I'd much prefer everyone starts off pretty much the same and by the early/mid ancient era (perhaps later for some) trait features will start kicking into gear.

17. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

A few days ago I have been unable to load any old save games beyond the first few turns being played. I'm up to 5200bc in a very good game (about 70 hours of play) and I cannot continue!

SYMPTOMS
    The symptom is that the Setup map progress bar goes all the way to the end, the window says "Finishing", the "Following options..." notice windows dissappears from the right side of the screen, it all looks good and BAM! Straight to the desktop. The same symptom appears with this earlier save (40000bc) from the same game, but I can load a save from turn 3 (49750bc). The save games that do not load are from SVN version 4474 through 4496. The save game that does load is from SVN version 4474.

WHAT I'VE TRIED
    1. I have tried to load these using SVN versions from 4492 through 4507 with the same results. (49750bc loads, 40000bc crashes)
    2. Map size is ultimate, viewports are enabled with size values ranging from 90x50 to 18x10. Same result. (When saving the game on 15 Dec the viewport would have been 90 x 50).
    3. I created my executable copy of C2C using a) SVN export, b) the direct copy mentioned by SO, and c) SyncToy with the same results.
    4. I have completely re-installed Civ4, Warlords, BTS, patches, and a fresh C2C but get the same results.
    5. My rig is Win 7 64 bit so my re-install was to a C:\Games (instead of Program Files) but the same results.
    6. Always running as Admin when getting these results.
    7. Running BTS.exe with compatibility = Win XP Sp 3, same results. Running with no compatibility gives the same results.

I can start a new game but I really hope to not lose 70+ hours of play.

EVIDENCE
    MiniDump.dmp and one of the offending save games is attached. I picked the earliest save game that does not load; hopefully make it easier to find the needle in the haystack by selecting the smallest haystack.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will be totally indebted to anyone that can solve this.

18. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer win Peace thru War!

Is anyone else using Windows 8 that can no longer play the game? I'm not using the SVN.

19. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

SVN 4468 (but i didnt see anything about this on last change)

Galley are just 2 red dot...
    Tips on Slash&Burn seems wrong...

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Have you noticed that in the last couple of SVN versions that the HUD Color file is missing? Along with the Hud readme file from Lemon Merchant the author of the HUD. Do you think this could be the problem?

JosEPh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.