1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v29 Forum Lets Play take 3

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by teakbois, Apr 28, 2013.

1. teakbois

teakbois Prince

3rd times a charm, right? Made the settings more appropriate for my modest computer-standard map and no Barb civs. I know I will be able to take this game as long as I want without turn times being a major issue

Set the difficulty to Immortal with a minimum of immortal, max of Deity.

Playing pure traits as i dont really like how negative a lot of the positive traits are. In fact, I find a couple of the negative traits better than a couple of the positive ones. So pure traits, and also no negative traits. However, I will not be taking either scientific or expansive until the prehistoric era. The early game trait choices are much more interesting without those two.

Doing start in old world to try to make sure I have some company. I kept getting isolated starts when trying to load a game, and then there was this one:
    Spoiler :

nice trolling on that one, PerfectMongoose.

So after dinner i tried again and got this one:
    Spoiler :

Fairly lousy start with neither caves nor a 3 hammer tile. But i didnt want things to be easy, did I?

Pirate empire, I had to get this reference out of the way early
    Spoiler :

And while he lasted longer than the Stone Thrower usually does, one lone Ibex did what no one could do in three (very long) movies)

Spoiler :

As for the Clubman, well he found a new friend in a tribal village
    Spoiler :

I ended up taking Charismatic for the first trait, which caused the second one to pop up fast
    Spoiler :

Went with Philosophical which provides zero benefit now, but one i definite want in the long term

By turn 100 i had met 3 future plunder targets fellow civilizations

I also think its pretty amusing that the Pirate empire is founded upon tobacco
    Spoiler :

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Worth a couple of chuckles indeed. I know what you mean about that first map start too... I was a bit concerned when we started our MP games that one of us would end up in just that sort of starting position. Thankfully, none did!

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Mine's not THAT bad, but I only have about a total of 25 tiles then everything is desert or tundra (which I so far have been unable to cross)

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You sure that terrain damage is still on? It doesn't seem to be displaying on hovering over damaging terrains in that game.

And yeah... I'm taking a look around your territory now if you recall ;) (And vice versa!)

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

that is mainly why i DONT like PerfectMongoose.py too much desert, thundra and barren etc, needs to be more grassy land also LESS water, waaay too much. IMPO I wish AIAndy could fix this, its also the same for Perfect World 2f:sad:

6. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Oh well, done, but you could also use the tropical climate in PerfectMongoose to get less desert.

7. strategyonly

I do BUT it doesnt work correctly. I keep asking for waaaay less of the above mentioned py's (options) but to no avail:blush:

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I like the large deserts. Thy add strategic significance to terrain damage and make the promotions significantly valuable for hunters that get desert (or tundra) areas much more to themselves with specialized promotions.

What options do I have to specify to keep them the way they were?

9. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

You could use the older version of the script but the changes I made are not that huge, just a reduction from around 35% of land plots (not counting tundra or other cold climates) as desert or similar to 29%. If you like deserts, then PerfectMongoose with arid climate has a significantly higher amount of them.

10. strategyonly

Yeah looking at the change your right its only a "slight" change, but it will do , thx.:)