v3.9 - Policies

I'll poke your eyes out, if you do that again ...

1. When you finish the Liberty Tree you do not get the option of selecting a G.r.e.a.t P.e.r.s.o.n
2. When you kill a barbarian you get, e.g., +30 culture for killing an archer. And I mean right at the very beginning of the game.

Better? :D

You're pretty touchy here aren't you ;)

1: Agree. Just tested it using the firetuner to give me culture and the choice of a free great person does not seem to appear
2: Are you sure. When I just tested this after picking the honor opener I got NOTHING from killing barbs - if so thats also a bug.

Will report 1 on the github.

\Skodkim

I hadn't picked honour. I was getting those culture boosts from the start. It allowed me to zip through Liberty.

/can't touch this

The file name and file path to the affected file should be shown in that github link. the red line is the one you delete and the green and the modified corrected line. You can use any file editor to modify the files in your mods folder.

^The fix(es) I know how to do, just not fully up with github. Thanks for noticing that, btw, but I was getting a culture bonus from killing barbs without honour (as Egypt). Going to go back to that game and look at it again.

Edit: Scratch that, after loading it again, my Social Policies had reset to zero. I'll flush everything and reinstall the mods.

^The fix(es) I know how to do, just not fully up with github. Thanks for noticing that, btw, but I was getting a culture bonus from killing barbs without honour (as Egypt). Going to go back to that game and look at it again.

I've tested with Rome and Greece - no culture no matter what.

\Skodkim

Lets hope thats its an easy fix and a quick release of 3.9.1.

Could it be related to this?

Signing out now - its getting late here in Denmark. Hope you can use some of the feedback.

\Skodkim

It looks like the release 'may' have been built from the wrong branch and doesn't have ALL the correct edits. We are examining it more closely.

Sorry to all that are using it and experiencing errors.

But hey, it makes it a challenge, right? :D

No need to be sorry, we all know (or should do) that this is what BETAs are all about.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort guys. You all make civ soooo much better. Errors are expected. :cool:

wow that was fast...thanks for the fixes....now i have rest of darkness to try them out before my girlfriend wakes up.

Hi guys.
Thx for your great mod.
I found a bug. When i load autosave, i get others social policies that i picked.
For example (for one time) i went for liberty tree (i had the opener and 3 social policies in it), and when i reloaded i had the opener from liberty but 2 social policies from honor tree.
(i reloaded another times and got this time 2 policies from patronage)

And sry english isnt my native language.
Great work guys !

Like many of the previous commentators, I'm all for seeing 2 or more wonders unlocked per policy tree. This would encourage diversification of civs as well as help limit wonder spamming. I also liked having more structure within trees (via prerequisites), rather than most openers opening up every policy.

-Doubling border expansion for Tradition seems redundant, as tall empires tend to have more culture per city already (and that free cultural building) and thus don't need faster expansion.
-Honor finisher is weak, and should get a second happy for armories.
-Patronage: revealing all city-states greatly decreases the need for exploration, and also gives first discovery bonus of all undiscovered city-states to the first person to open the patronage tree. This is poor design amongst largely well-thought-out changes. Scholasticism: should/is it possible for the amount of science given to scale with era, or be based on the beakers per turn of the individual city-state?
-Aesthetics: fine arts seems overpowered at 1:1 happy to culture. If 2:1 is underpowered, I'd suggest adding a secondary small benefit rather than doubling it.
-Wealth and Exploration: switch Mercenary Army with Mercantilism, and make the Landsknechts cheap to upgrade so it scales well into the later game.
-Knowledge: instead of the +2 beakers per lighthouse in Free Thought, make it +2 beakers per external trade route.

If we're keeping the lousy mercenary army policy in there, it'd make sense to at least have a Renaissance/Industrial age version of the landsknecht. Maybe a Hessian unit for Rennaisance once the landsknecht becomes obsolete, and a Prussian Rifleman for Industrial.

That'd solve the knotty problem of the landsknecht being useful for only a tiny window in the game.

And on further testing, I find the Patronage opener kind of spoils things by revealing every CS, I'd love to see that replaced.

@babuddha

- The 2x border expansion is reasonably powerful at pushing out in the mid-late game for resources/luxuries/anti-barbarian spawns, especially with any newer cities in sketchier territory. I also don't see how it would be redundant if you have more culture as just makes it faster still with more culture. It looks more like a synergy. I'd probably like to see it somewhat sooner in the tree, but not on the opener, and something else used as a finisher effect.

- I think there's already too much happiness in Honor. And that finishers don't need to be that strong. We do not want armories to be buildings you might want everywhere as might be the case with a happiness bonus from an early game policy pick.

- I am not sure anybody likes the patronage reveal. I'm not sure what the design process was for that. Scholasticism has always been weak.

- I'd rather just get rid of the landsknechts.

- I like that idea for knowledge. Lighthouses are already quite powerful buildings that do not require more bonuses and this makes it a general bonus rather than a purely coastal one.

And on further testing, I find the Patronage opener kind of spoils things by revealing every CS, I'd love to see that replaced.
Odd. That didn't work for me (3.9.3). I don't much like the idea of it either and I'm a CS fiend!

Top Bottom