V32+ Strategie Collection

kelestra

Chieftain
This is meant to collect all your strategies. When posting your personal strategy to rule your enemies please don't forget to mention leader, difficulty and scenario.

So I'll start:

Hitler/Deity/1942 world map/AI neurons/no alternate history

Has been a long time since playing Hitler, but i remembered i suffer from low reinforcements on my eastern front and a very huge deficit in navy/air force. Which is pretty much historically correct. So my strategy is about to get along with this and win as fast as possible.

Troops movement/combat strategy:
Most important theater is eastern front where you must face the red army. Start a game and play a few turns, you will recognize what's the problem there. Front is pretty hard to break through, and the important cities are hard to take because of their incredible defense strength (Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad have >75 :strength: at least). They will resist your howitzers and bombers for a long time. Time is what we don't have as Hitler. So what to do? I won't tell every move i do, but all in one i try to minimize incoming damage while expanding territory as fast as possible. With a rotation of troops and a placement on specialized terrain i try to optimize my combat results. I usually try to surround Moscow and Stalingrad and force red army with my tanks north and south of Moscow behind the rivers (to take advantage of the "attack over river penalty"). I will fortify my infantry on the forest tiles there. The two highly promoted infantries south of Leningrad are surrounded and wiped out early. Leave two or three fighters to air sweep for safe use of bombers. Place lots of Bombers in the beginning to take out Russian heavy tanks at range (KV-1/T34 eg). Heinkel 111 are first used to take down Novgorod(?) right north of Moscow to cut of troops from supply line in the north. I used to take this city in turn 2 or 3. Just push forward with your tanks while infantry secures supply line and fortify on woods behind river. Put a lot of pressure on Leningrad and take it asap. Same happens in the south of Moscow. Rush for Rostov and surround Stalingrad while capturing weaker cities nearby. Then capture Stalingrad. After Leningrad and Stalingrad have fallen, you can continue pushing deeper into east Asia and leave behind a few infantries and hoovers to conquer Moscow. Move half of troops back to other theaters of war at will. Now that howitzers can stack to regiment and have lower range i need to reevaluate their usage. Usually i siege Leningrad (then Moscow) with them. Try to promote 3 of 4 units to be superior in difficult terrain. The other quarter is promoted to excel at flat terrain.

Then there are your naval forces in Atlantic and Barent sea. Save your subs from the trillions of allied destroyers and move one squadron to northern France. They can sink embarked UK units when used carefully. The other subs are moved to north to unite with the fleet in the Barent sea. Route your subs north of Iceland instead in the small street between Iceland and England: they can be easily trapped by UK destroyers. Move your Barent sea fleet to the west, where you'll can engage an UK fleet consisting of 1 carrier, 1 sub, 1 battleship and several destroyers of different types. Use subs to sink Battleship/Carrier and use your battleship to decimate destroyers. Use Destroyers to take out sub asap. Try to hit hard and save reinforcements. Move subs in to damage destroyers and move them out again to safety. Promote for Targeting/Additional Attack. After sinking UK fleet in the north try to heal when enough reinforcements are available. Try to support UK invasion with your fleet by bombarding coastal cities and sinking embarked units. Also dragging Bomber attacks to your fleet will lead to decreasing pressure on invading troops which will support your progress.

On the western front i try to invade UK with everything that is available there. So all infantries and paratroopers (also those from Norway etc) are embarked on first turn and landed/jumped in the second. Try to conquer Plymouth or another weaker city as fast as possible to ensure reinforcements in UK. Try to place your troops on the factory tiles and fortify them. Use fighters in France/Benelux to intercept bombers.

In Africa try to damage/kill a few troops on the front in the beginning. But when you see that Alexandria gets >35 :strength: retreat an raid all the middle/south African cities fast. 1-2 infantries and one tank can to that pretty fast. Expansion is needed to increase reinforcements quickly. At the beginning your enemies still have 4 times or more of your territory and therefore much more healing. You need to change this quickly.

When you conquered Western USSR and UK till turn 50 you can easily progress in middle east and east Asia. prepare you US invasion and relax till the end.

Buildings/economics:
In the beginning you have an incredible lack of :hammers:. To get more of them you need to build expensive buildings. Most of your cities have no factory. Building factories there will take 40+ turns and decrease your income a lot. This is why i go through the most productive cities and build a factory if it take less than 20 rounds. everything else will continue capitalization. When reaching 1050 :gold: i rush for instant factory in a major city to continue with Land Factory/Cort house/Barracks/Radio/War bonds. In the beginning you can rush a factory in a random city in roughly every third or fourth turn. With a factory a usual city can finish Land factory in 5-10 turns. Do the math, you can easily increase your Material per turn by several hundred after 30 turns with this strategy. This is needed to support a huge navy, heavy tanks and air force. In the major German cities i switch to War Bonds. Except Berlin (which can be used to produce highly promoted fighters/bombers or projects) and Hamburg(or was it Kiel? Whatever, we need a Bismarck fast ^^ just because it's so... huge bad ass battleship!). When conquering new cities we can continue this strategy by getting income from new cities and switching older ones to produce war bonds and German Homeland to unit production. Also this prevents KI from constantly popping destroyers and infantries. With my own unit building i skip to build additional Panzer IV/Para/Inf because of strengthening reinforcements. I will start building Panther/Tiger/Focke190/Heinkel177 after turn 20-30. Older units are more or less obsolete at the beginning of the game and won't be useful when invading US.

For me this is the fastest way to success. I'm not sure how much artillery changes will influence this. I found UK AI to produce tons of howitzers which was a festival when they try to invade France and really annoying when i tried to invade UK. Therefore I'm trying UK rush now with less pressure in Egypt/Syria/Irak and blitzing around in West/South Africa.

Feel free to adopt or criticize this strategy. After this wall of text i am very curious to read your strategy. Especially interested in Japan/China/UK/USSR strategies.

USSR, 1939 Europe map, Prince+
Well, at the start, you have a terribly obsolete and small millitary, with almost no industrial base. If playing alt history, first priority should be to get a friendship pact with Hitler, don't get into a war for as long as you can. Build a factory in every city with 2 or more population. Your econamy is crappy as well, so ignore it. I alway buiild every building in Moscow, and I have an arsenal/Millitary academy in Leningrad, Stalingrad, and Kiev. Research every project, save the battleship. Spam infantry in most of your cities, have 4-5 of them make fighters/attack aircraft, and the 1-2 makeing Heavy Medium Bombers. I find the German A.I. never really researches anything other than the 109F, so you will quickly have the German A.I. fighting a losing war. I am always at the Oder river (That river near Berlin) by the end of 1943. Don't worry about Finland/Romania that much. One worry is the German force in Norway. Send over some units and clear them out, or at least hold them somewhere in Norway, as they will quickly become your allies. Give your old units (I-16, T-26, T-28) To allied city-states like Norway, Yugoslavia, ete. The Italians will be a problem later, but they have terrible tanks, and you can storm them with sheer numbers. Best of luck comrades ;)

Greece / Deity / Europe 39-45

September, 1, 1941 (Turn 78)

Playing as Greece my unit limit supply was very low at start so I needed to expand first, so Albania was quickly conquered when Italy had declared war, and my expeditionary force in Africa is doing well, almost all Libya is mine, and Suez was never threatened.

Paris is finally about to fall, but with most German troops massed in the west, the soviets are advancing slowly in Poland, and, after my successful invasion of Bulgaria, I'm now turning to Romania and trying to grasp Bucharest before they do.

Yugoslavia is still holding the Axis forces, but for how long when France will finally fall ?

That will be a good test for my infantry/field guns when they are going to face more experienced and better tanks than what Italy was opposing me in North-Africa (but they were cut from all supply, having failed to capture Sidi Barrani while I invaded Tobruk in a swift combined operation)

For now my reinforcement are enough for my troops, but my 3 armored units were not engaged in heavy combats, and my economy is not very high, I have to sell most buildings in cities I'm capturing.

As usual, I'm afraid I'll have to restart a new game soon, because I've changed a few script on that scenario during play and want to test them :D

I think in next version Paris will be set as an "open city", that means a defense penalty and no defensive buildings. There will be a limit date for "Fall of France" after which it won't happens, and it should also not happens if USSR and Germany are at war.

Not sure if I can make it for next release too, but when playing AI France against a human Germany/Italy, I'll try to put in the Maginot Line (and "Little Maginot") to compensate for the "open city".

Top Bottom