1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v36 Crime Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by JosEPh_II, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

This i know, i would still like to have 'even more upscaled unit costs' - option because i, the human player that is, still feel that there is too much money for me in the game. Immortal difficulty is a child's play.

Been there and done that, next time that level again.

2. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Yes, someone please do that until V37.

3. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Yes, it really seems that the ai is in dire need of repairs which i would welcome most happily into V37.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Try Nightmare Mode as well.
    There are SOME AI improvements planned for v37 that have yet to be done so far. But most of the deeper stuff is going to wait for the major land unit review which will BEGIN next cycle (I'm thinking it might take more than one cycle to get it fully completed, AI and all though.)

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Are you playing with the latest SVN version or at least the latest v36 Crime Patch Full Update? It sure sounds like you are not.

Newest available SVN or v36 crime patch version? Does not sound like it at all. Question: You last Deity game did the AI start with 2 Bands of Homo Sapiens? Does your Game Set up Options also now include 1 City tile Start? If your answer is No then you need to update.

Otherwise then you will just have to suffer for awhile.

JosEPh

6. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Latest 'crime patch' version, i do not and will not use the svn update. Amount of money is quite excessive but not as ridiculously much as in V36. My last deity game ? I don't understand this one.

Don't worry, i haven't suffered over this product or because of it's bugs for a long time. Oh and the year counter is totally broken, races far too fast onwards from the industrial era. Will report it to the bugs. Another thing that has always worked is now broken, again i have to wonder why.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

There were changes made to Game speeds, Difficulty modifiers that relate to game speeds and gold modifiers. And much more in the process of getting the game speeds to scale better and not have the opposite of what you are now reporting. It Is an ongoing balancing effort.

Deity from the Crime patch version is much different than Deity was for v36 Official release, that is why the question. So what you used to experience on V36 Deity is Not what you will experience now.

And as to "another thing that has always worked", no it was off back then too. And wonder all you will, the Mod is going thru rebalancing that has not been done for many Official versions. So there will be many changes and differences. Adapt.

Thanks for the report. I have asked for more details in the Bug thread. Please answer there.

JosEPh

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  8. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Moderator Action: Troll post, content deleted.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

What Joseph said was true.

BtW Joe - On snail I managed to build the Pyramids at around 2500 BC as Egypt - my main test of game speed :D. Unfortunately the AI was lagging far behind in tech so something is not right somewhere.

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

To All,
    In a week or so I will put up another Full Mod Patch. Of course the new one will require new games because of the recent save game breaking fixes to the mod.

JosEPh

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Perhaps it's because you bee line all the Wonders?

When I adjusted game speeds and it's research modifiers from the test games I ran I was not trying to get as many WW or NW as I could.

Grabbing all the WWs and using Tech D On is like adding rocket fuel to your research rate. Takes off in a flash and a pillar of fire! ;)

All my tests where based more on what an avg player would do, although at the end of the cycle my last adjustments came from Deity games. I'm beginning to think with the last Crime Patch version that I should not have revised the EraInfos to 1/2 of what I had originally put into v9328.

By the way what is the normal time frame for building the Pyramids anyway?

JosEPh

12. tmv

tmv Emperor

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Evidence showing that the Great Pyramid at Giza was built at that time has been shown to be a hoax but the scientific community refuses to admit that it's more likely that its dating should be close to or around the time the Sphynx was built, perhaps 10-12k BC. It's going to take some time for the obvious proofs to FORCE these historians to admit they have been basing their entire model on fabricated evidence all this time. It just disrupts their view of history too much. And we have not attempted to correct the record in C2C. We really can't... the corrected record proves the entire model of Human emergence is incorrect.

So why not persist in the misinformation right? lol

14. tmv

tmv Emperor

What kind of evidence are you talking about? Is the scientific community less trustworthy than the Edgar Cayce Foundation? The scientists are actually less biased than certain groups with an agenda. And they probably know a bit more about carbon-14 dating. And while the C-14 dating has given us a date 374 years earlier than expected (and not very precise), 10 - 12k BC is completely unjustified as a claim. Here are a few links about this:

http://www.aeraweb.org/projects/how-old-are-the-pyramids/
    http://archive.archaeology.org/9909/abstracts/pyramids.html
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/howold2.html

On another note, please don't think being suspicious of the scientific community in general is "just another opinion". In the long run, this is extremely dangerous. I apologize for bringing anti-vaxxers into this, but here is a sobering result of a general attitude that is as un-enlightened as possible: http://jennymccarthybodycount.com/

On the other hand, scientists are usually the first to point out their own mistakes (e.g. FTL neutrinos), which ironically leads to some people trusting them less instead of more. Certainly there are a few bad apples, but even these cases are eventually corrected, because science is ultimately about experiments being repeatable. And in the end, you have to trust one side. One side has so far succeded in more than tripling our life expectations, explaining the "mysteries" around us on a scale that is almost unimaginable, constantly reducing the number of starving people although the world population count is rising, creating a society where - perhaps not the poor but certainly the middle class - can lead a lifestyle that medieval kings couldn't have dreamed about, whereas the other side asks for blind trust in certain people, because that attitude has never hurt anyone, right?

Sorry for being rather harsh, but this is more than a pet peeve for me.The anti-vaxxers, those people in South Africa who say vitamins are a cure for AIDS, certain religious groups who deny any kind of medicine, those people leave a body count in their wake that is unbelievable. And (part of) the foundation of this attitude is a general distrust in the scientific community and/or method. There is critical thinking which is actually part of the scientific method and then there is rejecting scientific evidence out of hand which is eerily similar to denying climate change.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Tech Diffusion should have been helping them! My game suggests it is no where near powerful enough and needs to be increased. I don't think there was a tech that I did not get before the AI after the first 5! This is on Noble which is what the AI is playing on. I was also playing with no traits at all.

One thing I did notice was that because of the longer research and build times it is much more difficult to get crime and disease under control. It does not help that when I get the second upgrade to the City Watch line it takes 960 gold to upgrade each unit. , My income was 1000 gold a turn on 60-70% science and 10% espionage, ie 20-30% to treasury.

My point about the Pyramids is that they were built at around 2500 BC in our history and so should be built at about that time in any Civ game. It is how I measure the base game or mods from Civ II onward.
    There are actually well over 100 pyramids built in Egypt. Some are only the size of a modern house block and some were never completed. My dating is based on archaeology reports which put the end of the building at around 2500 BC or 4600 years ago. (I know I am not the only one who gets those two exactly the same date mixed up and think 4600 BC was what was said or reported.)

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I said it all wrong I got ahead of myself on this. TD On If you are playing a High difficulty level And you are Teching behind the AI will allow you if you get some WWs to pull ahead more quickly than is realistic.

When I play on Emperor, Immortal, or Deity and I start the game off getting behind the AI tech leaders I find that with TD On I can catch the AI leaders (with or without Traits being used) by usually the End of Classical Era. Hence my position that it is too strong. But I do concede that this may not be an accurate assessment but a reaction instead to constant pressure from Deity level players always demanding more.

And seriously though DH it's been a long time since Noble has ever been a serious challenge for a seasoned player. I will during the next round of testing use more Noble level games to assess the modifiers in GS and EraInfos along with HandicapInfo.

JosEPh

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

While you had a powerful and understandable rant, I wasn't backing Cayce. I consider Zecharia Sitchin an accomplished researcher who showed why and how the hoax was committed to date the Great Pyramid in one of his books. Furthermore, it is carbon dating that places the Sphinx so much earlier than the accepted dating by the scientific community. In this case, they argue among themselves and I fall onto the side of the fence that believes there's much more to the story than what we've been taught and largely that's known to the researchers at the cutting edge. They just haven't been able to fit all the data into a respectable timetable enough to present it as what they believe can be officially taught yet. So they remain rather silent about all their conflicting data. But that's ok, it's getting accepted enough to start being exposed to the public through such dubious sources as the History channel and such.

I admit, however, your links provided some info I had not been exposed to. Good detail. It could show that Sitchin was right and other things I've been exposed to were wrong, both at the same time. Sitchin's analysis of the pyramids is not challenged by the info in those links, just the dating. In fact, if memory serves, it may be more confirmed than ever. I'll have to go back and find the books that stuff's in and cross reference some. You may have convinced me of the dates anyhow. Still, iirc, there are some things not being stated in those links that give evidence regarding the Sphinx at least. And the evidence they have for their dating assertions there is not so solid as what they were working with on the pyramid, which is evidence that could also admittedly have been the results of renovation efforts.

As for Vaccinations, yes they are dangerous but the way they work is solid. It's a risk to vaccinate and the risk is made worse by the fact that it's potentially leaving the system overly specialized when presented with new afflictions to overcome. But does that mean it doesn't work? No... it works very well. So there are some vaccinations that should definitely be undergone to keep some horrid diseases at bay and eliminated. But vaccinating for the flu is kinda irresponsible imo. And demanding it by law is just as dangerously against the concept of liberty and self-determination. Particularly since we cannot verify or be sure that other more insidious things aren't being introduced into the body by powerful special interests that manufacture the stuff. Mind control tech is real and may just require the introduction of a little of the right stuff into the blood stream to be a receptor.

That said I'm not at all against progress, but when you have medical research companies trying to invent diseases and ways to manage them rather than cure them, absorbing most of the financial strength of the nation in this effort, you have a situation where it's not so much the scientific community or any individuals in it that warrants distrust but rather the motivations behind the publicity of any given discovery or outlook. Many very good scientists and their solid discoveries are stifled because of the politics of their discovery, often because their data didn't correlate with what the mainstream accepted views are. Funding gets pulled from projects that might hit a nerve. THAT is something to be distrustful of.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  18. tmv

tmv Emperor

Regarding the age of the Sphinx, you can find pretty much any claim imaginable: http://www.ancient-code.com/scienti...e-shows-the-great-sphinx-is-800000-years-old/ - I think we can expect a claim about dinosaur builders in the near future. :)
    The problem with vaccinations is that there are some people who cannot get vaccinations, mostly due to allergies. These people must rely on herd immunity, which requires a very high percentage of people vaccinated. These people are put in danger, with no option available to protect themselves. That is the rationale for making vaccinations mandatory.
    Your last three sentences (starting with "Many very good scientists") is indeed very similar to what certain people say against IPCC. Just saying.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am allergic to the flu vaccine! But it seems only the flu ones. I blame the move to Australia. When we migrated to here from the UK we had to have every vaccine under the sun, including against the plague as it was active in one of the cities we would be stopping at.

However it should be. I play on Noble when I am testing so I can get to where I can do the testing fairly quickly.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

True, but those who argue that Global Warming is a financially driven hoax, or that the Moon landing was faked, are people who have good cause to due to the loss of faith in what the leadership and educational establishment claims in general. It's good to remain suspicious because there's a crapload of misinformation. I think in the case of the Global Warming matter, what they overlook is that there is far more resistance to changes that could help the situation on behalf of the massively wealthy than support for the movement. This tells me that this truth is indeed inconvenient for those with power and therefore, this is NOT just something being made up. Sure there's some money to be made in the changeover but I have been hearing stories for years about patents being forcefully acquired from the inventors by oil and vehicle manufacturing companies just so they could be sat on and not developed. The conspiracy there is real and it's a conspiracy of resistance to change towards clean energy rather than to get us to make those changes. Chances are, our use of fossil fuels is completely unnecessary and has been for decades. It's a travesty that we continue to at all. I think anyone who simply takes a look at the sky over Los Angeles can figure that out.

Sorry but I'm dramatically against any governmental order to do anything whatsoever. It's a precedent that's far too easily twisted to use against the will of the people. MOST people who can get vaccinations against a real problem will do so voluntarily. I've no problem with people trying to explain to others WHY it needs to be done but I have a HUGE problem with making it unlawful not to innoculate. Freedom to choose is a more important value to protect than public health by far.

All of which is based on pure scientific theory. Interesting article. I think it extreme. Very extreme. But it nicely illustrates how wrong a going accepted theory can be. Their criticisms of current Sphinx dating does hold a lot of 'water' though I would equally criticize their own method if not agreeing with some of the assertions they make. I think water would've damaged the Sphinx with run-down even when it was covered with sand.

With those links you gave me discussing the dating of the Giza pyramid, I'd like you to consider the organization (Koch) that the researchers worked for. Could the hierarchy in that organization have asked for a slanted viewpoint perhaps? I know it was under contract for the Cayce society but we well know the Koch brothers here to be tremendously politically manipulating. Follow the money. The truth of history is easily covered up by a few out of place details being ignored because they don't appear to fit the picture. And you can't hold it against good researchers for being willing to ignore those pieces of evidence or looking to discredit seemingly out of place conclusions because it sure makes their ability to claim to be an expert completely invalid if they accept they have enough information to know they really don't have a clue.

Furthermore, the mathematical analysis of the Great Pyramid shows such a depth of arithmetic genius and advanced thinking that this alone would have to prove many theories about human development dead wrong, even if the construction dating is accurate.