V37 city expanding to 4 tiles

wilhelm_de_xin

Chieftain
Hi, I really enjoy this mod and appreciate all the work that have gone into this. I recently tried the version 37 and noticed that my city can expand to 4 (and 5) tiles. Is this normal?

thanks and happy new year!

It's normal that the culture can expand that far, but not normal that it would be working those plots beyond 3 plots out. It can work the third plot radius after a certain point.

The workers can still construct buildings beyond the 3rd ring (but I'm not sure if the effects are added to my city).

The workers can still construct buildings beyond the 3rd ring (but I'm not sure if the effects are added to my city).
No. Well, sorta. You have the ability to get a resource if it's worked outside or inside the city radius, as long as a route connects it back.

HOWEVER, if it's outside of the radius the city can WORK, then it does not count for being within city vicinity. Many important buildings require a resource be within the city vicinity to be built and some resources are hardly useful at all if you can't get them within one of your city's vicinities. You're also wasting your land usage if you aren't working the plot and to work the plot it must be within the city vicinity.

You can see what plots the city is choosing to work and what it CAN work from the central panel in the city screen.

When you say: You have the ability to get a resource if it's worked outside or inside the city radius, as long as a route connects it back. Does it mean that in order for me to get the resources, I have to construct a building in addition to a road.

When you say: You have the ability to get a resource if it's worked outside or inside the city radius, as long as a route connects it back. Does it mean that in order for me to get the resources, I have to construct a building in addition to a road.

If your city screen for that city will allow you to place a citizen on the resource it may give you a building option from the build list that can use the resource (ie., a new building with more benefits). Paths/roads are a necessity for any resource to be connected to your empire overall.

When you get over 5 posts on this forum you should be able to upload a screen shot. Then a visual can be dissected for better understanding.

JosEPh :)

Yes in order to get the resource in the city (or build a culture based on it) you have to build the correct improvement on it with a worker unit AND get a route from it to the city. The route can be a road (trail) or a river.

I have to construct a building in addition to a road.
I want to clarify that you've confused us a little by calling an 'improvement' (the things you build on plots like mines and lumbermills and such) a 'building'. Buildings are constructed in and by cities in the build queue. Since many buildings require access to a resource in the city vicinity, a question phrased like this can cause even the best of us as modders to stumble on your intended query. Just saying in hopes of clearing things up a little.

Noriad read you correctly and gave you the accurate answer, which is YES, but the road MUST connect all the way back to your city/cities.

Top Bottom