1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

V37 LP/Streams Diety Mode

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by IdioticUlt1mara, Dec 23, 2016.

1. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Hello everyone and well YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! V37 Came out a few hours ago, installed it then went to watch Star Wars: Rogue One cause yeah :p.

Anyways some of you probably already know me as the "rubbish LPer who plays a lot of C2C" and you are correct I am a bad player and LPer I do not deny this fact

Anyways if you are interested in watching me play a new game of C2C using the V37 patch on Diety difficulty I would love it if you came by my youtube/twitch/hitbox/beam/instagib - I stream to all at once - channel - all are IdioticUlt1mara, links are below - otherwise thank you all for stopping by and I hope you all have a great xmas enjoying this amazing mod for an amazing game ^_^

Peace out all ama go play C2C *clears chache first*

I upload all these videos onto youtube in 15 minute videos here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrUq7VE9I_yfc5gOx3lrGVPAcotpz4t9

links:
    www.youtube.com/idioticult1mara
    www.twitch.tv/idioticult1mara
    www.hitbox.tv/idioticult1mara
    www.instagib.tv/idioticult1mara
    www.beam.pro/idioticult1mara

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  2. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I forgot to mention I will be livestreaming at 11:30PM GMT 23rd December. So in 15 minutes of writing this

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Make sure you follow me on Twitter and retweet my adds and I'll follow ya back and if you promote your LP there I'll be happy to retweet your promotions on that too!

Thanks for this btw... LPs have always been some of the more effective means of marketing for us. Hopefully the User's Guide has been helpful for you as well so you can display some of the things I've discussed there.

4. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

hmmmm I was reading it. And I think I learned a thing or 2? I don't remember tbh. I did read most of it. And I will gladly go to your twitter is it just @thunderbird?

And I am happy to do this. I have been LPing this mod since V15 I believe and seem to be the only one doing it atm :(

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

6. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I dropped in to watch a few minutes, and saw you crashed. Tried to go back and see what Options for set up you used.

Question, when you started the game very 1st turn, did you go into BUG and reset all your favorite settings and Then double save game? If you didn't that could've been you problem. I saw you go into BUG and change a setting before the turn CTD.

And what do you have your autosave setting on? every turn? every other turn? 4 turns, etc.? If you play for an hour or so you need to save about every 10-15 minutes. Too long of play with out a save can cause a CTD on Civ IV's 32 bit engine.

Sorry you had a problem. :(

JosEPh

8. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

It's fine. I CTD cause I tabbed out of the game. Tbh I never get CTDs otherwise. And my autosave is every 4th turn I believe. And nope I did not double save after altering my BUG options

Thank you for watching and I ended up starting a new game as Dom Pedro II (Randomed)

9. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Think it is that time again. That's right more C2C :p <3 ya all

10. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I have finally starting uploading the livestream vids onto youtube. They are all 15 minute segments. I will be putting the playlist in the OP but here is the first episode and set-up

Thunderbrd likes this.
  11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Just watched your newest set up. You have No Tech Diffusion Not On (unchecked) which means it will be On in the game. By checking the box you Stop Tech Diffusion from happening in the game. Leaving it unchecked means "No Tech Diffusion" just like it reads. But many players get confused because it seems like a double negative. Just like No Revolutions Means Check the box If you don't want Revolutions in your game. We've argued as Mod team members about the wording for these Options. :p

I'm glad you like my 1 City Tile Option. It's my 1st Option to add to the game. I discovered it by accident while working on the Game Speeds in the mod.

I personally am not a huge fan to Size Matters, but your reason for using it early game is a good way to "discover" the land quickly. But it can be a double edged sword too, in that it can expose you to the adversaries you will meet soon enough.

The Deity AI gets 2 bands of homo sapiens to start. You as player get 1. So they will have 2 cities to your 1 to start the game If they both can settle/found a city before anything happens to either 1 of them. Sometimes an AI has the misfortune of losing a Band to predators before it can found that 2nd city because of it's original starting location and finding quickly a suitable 2nd site. Most do, but some don't.

After v37 was released I was able to show StrategyOnly why his Nightmare was weaker than the regular handicap Deity. He has now updated his NM Option to be more of a challenge than reg. Deity. The C=current SVN version has it in it's corrected form.

And of course letting the game pick your Leader is always a crap shoot. ;) I have to admit I get partial to Deganawida the Iroquois, David of Israel, Franklin Roosevelt of America, or Lincoln of America. I really dislike Heke of the Maori.

Good Luck and Game On. :D

JosEPh

12. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Yeah I had to restart as soon as I realised I had T.D on and I don't remember if I randomed the next leader but I am Dom Pedro II of Brazil whom I actually enjoy. I find the 2 best traits in the game atm are Expansive and/or Scientific, the worst negative trait has to be megalomaniac or fanatic. That early game science is too damned strong. The new leader starts at episode 003

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Cruel as a negative trait is very bad too. The extra Crime it generates in the empire is a big weight to carry. It is why many of the AI that have leaders with it struggle to develop.

JosEPh

14. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I should be LPing other games but god damn you all for making this so ******* good I can't put it down <3. On episode 80ish - not uploaded - and started realising crime ******* hurts my brain. And barban exiles/thieves are a pain in my arse as my watchmen never want to arrest them??

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

At least 1 if not 2 of your Watchmen have to be on Inspection to build up so they can arrest. The rest on Crime fighting to hold the Crime level down.

At one time certain Tamed Animals could go out of the city and next turn come back and fight a Thief. But T-brd fixed that little exploit. ;)

JosEPh

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

17. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Read up thank you TBird. Probably should have checked up on this earlier. However I have noticed that in your notes it says something along the lines of "Spawns are determined by your buildings" I only have an Exile thingy and no hideouts - theives, rogues etc. - yet I am still getting a lot of Thieves and Rogues per turn in my cities. Another thing, in my most recent session my capital had -100 crime and went to +400 crime without me even noticing and I was sure I was getting -6 per turn as well, I also stopped the city from growing so that it would stop producing crime. Any reason for this to happen?

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Most of the buildings that give these spawn opportunities emerge automatically as a result of crime levels. Make sure to review your 'special' buildings tab where such buildings show up. You don't have to CHOOSE to build them.

19. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

ok yeah I was wondering about the auto buildings if they also allowed for the spawning of thieves and such. But any idea why my crime would have went out of control when I was sure it was under control? Cause according to your calculations at -100 there should be a -10% chance of spawning a crime unit? One thing I will note. Having crime can be greate if you are creating a crime based civilization. It would just wreck your GPT :p

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We're working on some fine tuning of late.

Crime goes up when population goes up. It's also a dynamic value so you really cannot turn your back on it. You might think you've got it under control but at least check every couple of rounds, especially after growth.