v38 future Patches and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a link here to my Dropbox account to get this thread ready. And some players have reported problems with Moddb. Also the Moddb account does not get any updates.

I don't think I can get a count though unless the person doing a D/L from it would leave a comment.

Sorry. Just trying to be helpful but failing....... again.

I posted a link here to my Dropbox account to get this thread ready. And some players have reported problems with Moddb. Also the Moddb account does not get any updates.

I don't think I can get a count though unless the person doing a D/L from it would leave a comment.

u didnt read what i wrote correctly .. .

He meant removing download link there too and replacing with this one: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/caveman2cosmos.15324/ until path is released.

Moddb has V38 version since 2 days now
V38 mod has different picture too.
There are two outdated versions here and three outdated articles though.

@strategyonly it seems like you forgot to give newest total number of downloads:
78/75/146/348/694/970/1038/1307/2049/2780/3267/4208/4558/5212/6070/6733/8201/9270/10299/11651/12960/13295/14872/16608/19383/21378/24096/24326/27142/32086/34388/36554/42640/51167/56136/ 61088/71700/80522/95600/112365/148962/187580
We had 221 5xx downloads when you uploaded new version.
Currently mod was downloaded 221 832 times. V38 was downloaded in Moddb 261 times.
That is total downloads were at 221 571 times when V38 got uploaded.
Last update date wasn't changed in that resource link above too.

Last edited:

v38.1 is now patched and ready for downloading . .

Hello, I have download V38 and the patched V38_1 on your website. I am not able with WinRar to unpack the files. Every file doesn't want unpack and I get every time only errormessages, that the program can't unpack the files. I have downloaded both of them 3 times so it was not the download. How can I play v38 ? I have waited so long for this. :(

Hello, I have download V38 and the patched V38_1 on your website. I am not able with WinRar to unpack the files. Every file doesn't want unpack and I get every time only errormessages, that the program can't unpack the files. I have downloaded both of them 3 times so it was not the download. How can I play v38 ? I have waited so long for this. :(
sounds like spotty internet issues.

Google 7z free and use it.

Or check for a newer version of winrar.

Hundreds of Downloads so far and you are the only one with this problem. Likely means you got something wrong, like too old of a version of winrar.

Last edited:
My files have both 743 MB, but I can't unpack this with WinRar, thats the problem. When I unpack this all files have zero bytes.
Others also have 7z format

Unpacked V38 with newest winrar - it has size of 1.67 GB. No errors when unpacking.

Unpacked V38.1 and it had 1.67 GB too. And no errors when unpacking.

What Windows do you have? Is it 32/64 bit?

Last edited:
Google 7z free and use it.

Or check for a newer version of winrar.

Hundreds of Downloads so far and you are the only one with this problem. Likely means you got something wrong, like too old of a version of winrar.

Thank you very much ! With the 7z app it works ! :) I have watched only the new features of v38 and don't played it. In the v38_1 mod there is a earth map with very much different spaceterraintypes and 7 human races and the game starts in 200.000 bc. I have tryed the world builder and build a settleship, but i wasn't able to travel in space ? I can only choise the prehistoric era. Will I be able with v38_1 to colonize the space or look this only good like the map of three planets ?

Thank you very much ! With the 7z app it works ! :) I have watched only the new features of v38 and don't played it. In the v38_1 mod there is a earth map with very much different spaceterraintypes and 7 human races and the game starts in 200.000 bc. I have tryed the world builder and build a settleship, but i wasn't able to travel in space ? I can only choise the prehistoric era. Will I be able with v38_1 to colonize the space or look this only good like the map of three planets ?
Space settlers are using Python or something like that - this means for space settlers they need to be built to be properly used.

If you are playing on Vertical Solar map that is part of this mod, or my test spacemap, then you can colonize space.
There is no script, that generates whole space.

The zip program had an update a while back that required updating the program to continue to unzip properly. I'm not sure that winrar got with the program on that. Either way, I would've suggested looking to update the software but since you got the newest 7z you're good.

BTW, to be clear, you ONLY need the v38.1 mod.

Space settlers are using Python or something like that - this means for space settlers they need to be built to be properly used.

If you are playing on Vertical Solar map that is part of this mod, or my test spacemap, then you can colonize space.
There is no script, that generates whole space.

Hello, I am in the absolute beginning. I started the game several times again. Cause I play on deity and want to be the first and only one that build all wonders. It was really hard only to build klasy river caves. It is interesting that I can now only build two prehistoric wonders and they're counted als group wonders. But it makes the game harder, cause I build every prehistoric wonder before my opponent can it built in the past versions. I see how expensive my units now are and buildings. I used the world builder several times and was fascinated how much new terrain is and read the new technologies, despite I started it again, cause I am a perfektionist.
But my question is, is it okay to give so much effort in this game or will they're be soon a 38.2 version ? Or I can play it 1 1/2 years and finally explore the cosmos ? Can I colonize the whole space with this mod ? And will there be aliens or something ? I wonder very much, why doesn't spawn barbarian cities yet. Maybe cause it is the beginning. There are no neanderthal cities ,too. What is very fascinating is, that it is every new version a complete new game. So much building in three new eras. The future buildings doesn't look so impressive and give not so much bonuses, I don't now. I haven't see every new building. Nanopunk have no buildings and crystal punk looks boring. The biggest sciencebonus give steampunk,dieselpunk,biopunk and cyberpunk. But I don't wanna jugde yet. Maybe there will spawn barbarian cities and new civilizations and on this strange earthlike planet will raise humanaliennations to so I can erase this primitives with my spaceships ! :)

I will probably ask the Moderators to close this thread. No longer relevant.

Hello, I am in the absolute beginning. I started the game several times again. Cause I play on deity and want to be the first and only one that build all wonders. It was really hard only to build klasy river caves. It is interesting that I can now only build two prehistoric wonders and they're counted als group wonders. But it makes the game harder, cause I build every prehistoric wonder before my opponent can it built in the past versions. I see how expensive my units now are and buildings. I used the world builder several times and was fascinated how much new terrain is and read the new technologies, despite I started it again, cause I am a perfektionist.
But my question is, is it okay to give so much effort in this game or will they're be soon a 38.2 version ? Or I can play it 1 1/2 years and finally explore the cosmos ? Can I colonize the whole space with this mod ? And will there be aliens or something ? I wonder very much, why doesn't spawn barbarian cities yet. Maybe cause it is the beginning. There are no neanderthal cities ,too. What is very fascinating is, that it is every new version a complete new game. So much building in three new eras. The future buildings doesn't look so impressive and give not so much bonuses, I don't now. I haven't see every new building. Nanopunk have no buildings and crystal punk looks boring. The biggest sciencebonus give steampunk,dieselpunk,biopunk and cyberpunk. But I don't wanna jugde yet. Maybe there will spawn barbarian cities and new civilizations and on this strange earthlike planet will raise humanaliennations to so I can erase this primitives with my spaceships ! :)
No aliens, there is guide to space and future: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/a-guide-to-space-and-the-future.620584/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom