v38 future Patches and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably ask the Moderators to close this thread. No longer relevant.

Since V38 is currently quite... incomplete to say the least, I think that thread about it's patches is more than relevant.

Yeah, we avid consumers need some place to find out where, when and what on the latest patch. Thank you all for your efforts. I am really looking forward to whatever comes after 38.1/2. I understand that there are issues and I am REALLY looking forward to the fixes.

On another note...JosEPH, didn't you used to be active in the MOO3 forums?

On another note...JosEPH, didn't you used to be active in the MOO3 forums?

Yes very active, JosEPh Keeper of The Roll Call, and modder. Maker of the Easy and Random Gov't Mods. I thought your username was familiar. :) How have you been?

Almost forgot Member of the Pirate Dwarf Cove! And Maker of many MoO3 "songs" in the OT thread. Those were some very fun days back then.

Fond memories of good ppl and good times. Too bad the general public and disappointed MoO2 players still trash it even today.

Last edited:
I'm fine. Still alive. Two out of three kids out of college, though one is still job hunting I still like MOO3, with Bhruic's fixes. I have all of those files archived, but the whole thing got so complicated to fix, I am not sure I could set the game back up. There were several neat things in that game that have disappeared that someone should have seized and developed in other games.

Almost forgot Member of the Pirate Dwarf Cove! And Maker of many MoO3 "songs" in the OT thread.
I have all the MoOs including the latest which is really MoO1 updated to modern graphics. I did not know there was a modding community for it! But then I did not know about modding communities except for Civ III:).

I have all the MoOs including the latest which is really MoO1 updated to modern graphics. I did not know there was a modding community for it! But then I did not know about modding communities except for Civ III:).
We are more alike than maybe we realize. :lol:

Yes I have all iterations too. Although I think of Conquer the Stars as a MoO1.5 with a splash of MoO2 and III with modern graphics.

Atari had a set of Forums for it's games when it owned MoOIII. AtmoO forum was the home for the MoO3 modding community to start. Lasted almost 7 years before Atari yanked the plug on us. One day it was there next day it was gone. All the archives, all the articles, all the modding gone just like that, Poof! I still have to spit every time I say "Atari" to get the bad taste out of my mouth! :vomit:

If you still play MoOIII do you know about Bhruic's Patcher and Patches? They are Must haves for playing 3. If you have not heard of them I can get you a link that is still active. Bhruic saved MoO3 with his work. He is the same Bhruic that was active here at CFC in Civ IV BtS early days.

Last edited:
I'm fine. Still alive. Two out of three kids out of college, though one is still job hunting I still like MOO3, with Bhruic's fixes. I have all of those files archived, but the whole thing got so complicated to fix, I am not sure I could set the game back up. There were several neat things in that game that have disappeared that someone should have seized and developed in other games.
Gog's version of MoOIII will accept all of Bhruic's Patches and Patcher. And it's compatible with win 10. Of course graphics are still 800 x 600, but Gog's internal Dosbox takes care of that.

I even installed some of my own mods and some others like Otsego's, they still work as well.

So you are an empty nester now? All the kids grown up and moving on into their own adult lives. I have 6 grand kids now with the oldest soon to be 23. :old::p

Oh, I actually really enjoyed MoO3... Yes it was a mess but I think it was trying to move into grand strategy.
I have fond memories of it, can't remember what mods I used but when they were rebooting MoO, I was hoping more like 3.

I was pretty disappointed with the bland game that I got. Granted at this point I have been spoiled by Caveman2Cosmos, Magni Mundi, and other great games and mods.

Oh, I actually really enjoyed MoO3... Yes it was a mess but I think it was trying to move into grand strategy.
I have fond memories of it, can't remember what mods I used but when they were rebooting MoO, I was hoping more like 3.

I was pretty disappointed with the bland game that I got. Granted at this point I have been spoiled by Caveman2Cosmos, Magni Mundi, and other great games and mods.

There are more of us than the "haters" of MoO3 will ever acknowledge. Had quite the blow up on the War Games forum over even mentioning MoO3 and that I liked it. modded it and still played it. It was really a "firestorm of derision" from the haters.

We are more alike than maybe we realize. :lol:

Yes I have all iterations too. Although I think of Conquer the Stars as a MoO1.5 with a splash of MoO2 and III with modern graphics.

Atari had a set of Forums for it's games when it owned MoOIII. AtmoO forum was the home for the MoO3 modding community to start. Lasted almost 7 years before Atari yanked the plug on us. One day it was there next day it was gone. All the archives, all the articles, all the modding gone just like that, Poof! I still have to spit every time I say "Atari" to get the bad taste out of my mouth! :vomit:

If you still play MoOIII do you know about Bhruic's Patcher and Patches? They are Must haves for playing 3. If you have not heard of them I can get you a link that is still active. Bhruic saved MoO3 with his work. He is the same Bhruic that was active here at CFC in Civ IV BtS early days.
I could never get MoO3 to work. It kept crashing on me all the time and very early on in a game. I bought it and all the other old versions again as part of a package with the latest version on Steam but it still crashes all the time so I still have not played it.
I have 6 grand kids now with the oldest soon to be 23. :old::p
What no great grand kids yet? My little brother has 4 with 2 more due in August! The eldest is attending school.

I could never get MoO3 to work. It kept crashing on me all the time and very early on in a game. I bought it and all the other old versions again as part of a package with the latest version on Steam but it still crashes all the time so I still have not played it.

What no great grand kids yet? My little brother has 4 with 2 more due in August! The eldest is attending school.
MoO3 Steam version is kaka! Gog version works just fine.

My 23 yr old grand son is not married. Then it's a 17 yr old and 2 15 yr olds, an 11 and finally a 4. So nope no great gkids in the foreseeable future. The 11 yr old is the Last JosEPh (IV) and it's up to him to carry on the family name. And in today's messed up world I may never see any Gkids.

I continue to monitor these forums, especially the SVN threads, and I am really excited by the discussions and changes I see. Are any of you modders rash enough to hazard a guess as to when we of the unwashed masses might see a new version released?

I continue to monitor these forums, especially the SVN threads, and I am really excited by the discussions and changes I see. Are any of you modders rash enough to hazard a guess as to when we of the unwashed masses might see a new version released?
Perhaps a month from now, but who knows, might be longer might be shorter....

Great! Thanks! As a retired engineer that is what I like: good, solid numbers!
:)
Keep up the good work guys. I am sure that we will all appreciate the labor of love you keep improving. I look forward to it and will try to curb my impatience.

Keep up the good work guys. I am sure that we will all appreciate the labor of love you keep improving. I look forward to it and will try to curb my impatience.
Feel free to ask again in a month if it is still not released, we might have a more certain estimate then. ^^

I agree. Longer wait is worth it when it brings good, solid version but in this case, considering that main V38,1 download is in unplayable state, some kind of hurry to duct tape it is necessary and if perhaps not quite really in a hurry but definitely due.

I agree. Longer wait is worth it when it brings good, solid version but in this case, considering that main V38,1 download is in unplayable state, some kind of hurry to duct tape it is necessary and if perhaps not quite really in a hurry but definitely due.
If you have access to the SVN then just export SVN version 9884 to play. Good stable version right before the "problems" started manifesting. It could've been v38 and you all would've been much more happy.

Still has a few minor bugs but you could play a game up into the Information Era with it. And still have decent AI opponents still active. Of course I would not recommend using some Options, because they do have problems still. And all the major changes now in the Mod were not in effect either.

EDIT: Tried to export 9884 so I could put it in my dropbox account, but the SVN timed out after 181 MB of the 1.74GB export. So until That is resolved no help from me. Sorry tried.

Last edited:
If you have access to the SVN then just export SVN version 9884 to play. Good stable version right before the "problems" started manifesting. It could've been v38 and you all would've been much more happy.

Still has a few minor bugs but you could play a game up into the Information Era with it. And still have decent AI opponents still active. Of course I would not recommend using some Options, because they do have problems still. And all the major changes now in the Mod were not in effect either.

Agreed. If the current "release" version is broken, as is claimed, and a fix is not due in a few days, then it should be taken down from moddb immediately and replaced with the last acceptable SVN version. Call it V38_2 even if it is older than V38_1

Agreed. If the current "release" version is broken, as is claimed, and a fix is not due in a few days, then it should be taken down from moddb immediately and replaced with the last acceptable SVN version. Call it V38_2 even if it is older than V38_1
You will Not get any support for this from the leadership here.

If the SVN would stop choking I might be able to get SVN 9884 export to my comp and then uploaded to my Dropbox acct. Then forum members would have an alternative. But as for Moddb that is StrategyOnly's domain. No one else can upload to the Caveman2Cosmos account there but him.

EDIT: Although you could individually try to export 9884 or revert your current copy of the SVN to that revision, if you use the SVN.

Why not V38 itself? (9912)
AI wasn't touched yet (happened in V9914) and building costs were cheaper on all settings.
Or building cost reduction threw off balance by making tech progression faster indirectly?

Currently entire mod is in state of flux.
What do you think about proportion of building/unit costs to tech costs itself?
Lets assume there is no calendar :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom