V39 slower turn processing than V38?

choum

Chieftain
Hello,

I was so happy when i saw release of V39. Thanks for your hard work.
I noticed that turn process is slower in V39 than in V38, even for the 1st turn un prehistoric era in singleplayer.
I don't know if it's normal or not as i understood that structure of the code changed ;) (i don't complain, just notice)
My question is : will this process time be stable in time or will it increase as we'll have more towns, units ,etc as in previous versions? (maybe with new code the time factor increment is slower héhé)

My best regards

Most important reason is that AIs build more buildings and units within same amount of turns on given speeds.
AI has small incentive to build buildings required for other buildings, smiths, smelters, Industrial era and later resource producers, buildings that are replacements, wonders that give free buildings and or resources, and some other stuff.

Also in handicaps units and buildings have steeper discount than techs - discount is steepest for units, this means AI can get more units and buildings within given era as buildings and units are relatively more discounted than techs.

Hello,

I was so happy when i saw release of V39. Thanks for your hard work.
I noticed that turn process is slower in V39 than in V38, even for the 1st turn un prehistoric era in singleplayer.
I don't know if it's normal or not as i understood that structure of the code changed ;) (i don't complain, just notice)
My question is : will this process time be stable in time or will it increase as we'll have more towns, units ,etc as in previous versions? (maybe with new code the time factor increment is slower héhé)

My best regards
What is your end turn time on first turn, what size map and how many AI please?

Hello,
1st turn 7 seconds
huge map
10 IA

But i found a BUG option to have fast IA turn process and it's really better. Just wish that it will not make the IA dumb ;)
Anyway i find the game more challenging (barbarians are really a pain now héhé)

Just wish that it will not make the IA dumb ;)
It doesn't make them dumb. it only skips a lot of graphicalvisual coding.
The game becomes less responsive in a way during the end-turn process.
You won't see animations, units moving around and the camera won't be automatically moved around during end turn process that much.

The "minimize AI turn" option was very recently switched to being on by default (if there is no userSettings files already created) in the SVN.
I think people prefer speed over eye candy between clicking end turn and getting to the beginning of the next turn.

Last edited:
speed seems good after the upgrade. AI buidling and defending smart but attacking dumb. they have armies take forts but not attacking cities

Attachments

• Aso_Dei_Lar_C2C_Nor_Pre_3640-BC_Tem_Low_Aug-08-2019_12-43-25.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5 MB · Views: 158
Taking forts and palisades takes territory away from a rival. Allows the AI to use culture to take the lands around them without attacking the city. In the case of barb cities the AI will eventually flip the barb city and then get a city without firing a shot. The city is intact and does not need it's set of buildings rebuilt, like walls and defense towers.

If you are still in the Preh era at 3640BC how close are you to entering Ancient Era? What map size? How many AI? Barbs and Neanderthal cities activated from Options? Will look at your save as soon as I can.

Top Bottom