v43.1 patch

Toffer90

C2C Modder
v43.1 patch deal with some immediate errors reported after v43 was released.
It is just a couple files that one can drag and drop into the v43 install of C2C and overwrite files when prompted.
Feel free to report v43 bugs in this thread.

RC1
  • Fixed issue with advanced start where a city would interrupt the advanced start situation by insisting you chose what it should built with its regular pop-up window, effectively breaking advanced start as a viable option.
  • Fixed culture lingering far away from cities after the owner of the culture has been the victim of conquest.
    • By caching the culture rate players has on plots, if the owner of a plot cease to add culture to it each turn then it is no longer the owner of the plot, if no other player adds culture to the plot then it will be considered neutral even if the previous owner and others still has culture stored in the plot.
  • Added plot tooltip text telling you how much culture each player added or lost on the plot last turn (mark that it is for the last turn, so any culture you might have gained at the start of or during the new turn might cause a discrepancy between the culture value that you remember was stored in the plot last turn, the new value right now this turn and the culture change displayed in the tooltip)
RC2
  • Fixed an illusive CTD caused by UB from uninitialized vector, CTD was not reliably repeatable in saves.
RC3
  • Fixed a read/write (save) problem introduced by RC1
  • Added a minimum yield output limit of 1 for cities.
RC4
  • Fixed a serious shortcoming/bug in the way the lack of a positive culture rate on a plot was used to determine if one lose any right to ownership to the plot.
  • Made plot tooltip show culture values and its decay rate when a plot is owned by no one (neutral).
  • Fixed air strike mission unable to identify valid targets.
  • Fixed CTD when conquering cities sometimes.
  • Fixed culture overflow in calc code for culture decay pointed out by @sp00n.
  • Added a max cap on number of turns of revolt from culture flipping mechanism so it won't get absurd long revolt times in edge cases.
  • Fixed golden age from great person born from traits being 1 turn shorter than it should be, making it possible for it to be 0 turns long on fast gamespeeds.
  • Added a definitive min cap of 1 turn for golden age length.
  • Fixed python bug related to the caching of data for wonders with pythons scripted events.
  • Commented out extremely slow part of the value evaluation of units which made AI_bestUnit() take around 30 seconds more than it should on the save I tested on (it loops across all units which again were looping over all promotions per unit to see if any of them were free promotions for the unit, I commented out the promotion loop, so AI won't factor in free promotions when deciding what unit is best anymore, but it saves a lot of time, shaved off 16 seconds from end turn as well for me, from 27 to 11 seconds.)
    • Patch version made on the request of @Nimek

Attachments

• 43.1.6 patch.7z
    9.5 MB · Views: 428
Last edited:
So, is this also on the SVN or is this a parallel branch?
SVN will get these fixes, plus other changes, in the next revision, I will push the next revision right away actually.
This patch is another branch as it doesn't contain a lot of changes that has been made on the SVN, and will continue to diverge as this patch will only get critical fixes and minimal tweaks/balancing, and no new features.

Last edited:
I have suddenly taken over almost everyone's surrounding plots. Is that what is this about:
Fixed a pretty bad mistake in read/write (save) of the new culture rate caching on plots.

@moderator I think we should pin this thread.
@leif erikson not sure if @moderator even works, so... you're my backup.

Moderator Action: In future, please report the opening post and request that it be stuck. A moderator will be along to do so. Thanks. leif :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to wait until Ver44 I guess to see any changes. This little patch did not change 1 thing. It did not make me recalculate my save either. I unzipped it into my C2C folder and never got prompted to overwrite anything either.

That means you installed it wrong somehow. Check if you were not putting it too deep?
Yeah my bad. I needed to paste the assets folder itself into the C2C folder. It did ask me to overwrite 3 files and when I reopened the save I saw the changes.

Edit: The changes look nice. The new tooltip that shows the culture gain or loss is nice. I did not notice any changes to my tiles, but I noticed the Neanderthals lost a good many plots nearby. They are unowned by anyone now. I need to start a war against an established civ and see what happens.

Last edited:
I was looking for a easy way to check what version of C2C I have. Is the top lines in the CHANGElog.md file a good way to check?
I am not currently playing a SVN version,,,( I think :) )

I was looking for a easy way to check what version of C2C I have. Is the top lines in the CHANGElog.md file a good way to check?
I am not currently playing a SVN version,,,( I think :) )
Mouse over the flag to the left of the minimap and screenshot/read the tooltip text.

Will you eventually put all of this on SVN and does it break saves!
This patch does not break saves, next SVN will get from this patch what it currently doesn't have, but next SVN will also break saves as it will get a huge amount of changes this patch don't have from git.
Hope that makes it clearer rather than murkier. ^^

Hi all, I've got an issue where my SVN isn't updating the mod files. How do i Fix this?
This is the wrong thread to ask the question, but I'll of course answer since I'm already responding to it.
Right click the folder and use the SVN "clean up" command in the context menu, check all boxes when asked in pop-up, It will fix issues with your local SVN repository.

Isn't the version now 44? :confused:
No, this doesn't contain the vast amount of changes that occured after v43 was released, it doesn't contain any of the savebreaking changes which was the main reason for iterating the major version number. This is a small patch for v43, it is not meant for SVN, v44 is not yet released and the SVN generally doesn't need stand alone patches.

Top Bottom