V81 China, England and Byzantium

DImensiondog

Warlord
Played some of v81 with my favourite civs.

China
Turn 29?: I knew that the north of china will be subject to barbarian raids so I moved my settler and warrior to Shanghai which took 5 turns but was overall a very effective strategy.

turn 50: settled Guangzhou and have gone tradition as I don't want to settle more than 4 cities until after the Mongols

Turn 100: settled Chengdu and Guilin in rapid succession to get the most turns of production and growth out of them

Turn 150: Korea and soon to be Japan spawn I would be friendly with Korea for the rest of the game but me and Japan had a rivalry for the entire game despite no direct wars.

Turn 200 Conquered Lhasa which would turn out to be a bad move as it would be a drag on resources more than it would provide. Pikemen are very strong until about 1200 A.D so I rushed them

Turn 275: Civil war, Shanghai and Guangzhou vs Lhasa, Guilin and Chengdu. I destroyed the rebels but lost a lot of buildings in those three cities knocking me back on my plan.

Turn 338: I have been preparing for Mongol invasion since the civil war, 2 swordsman, 6 pikeman 4 Chu-ko-nus 2 great generals and half the honour tree.

Turn 350: Destroyed the Mongols due to their strategic resource penalty, please fix. Began settling north china and took Turfan.

Turn 400: Korea collapses, conquered North Korea and Manchuria from city states and gave Seoul to Rome so they could liberate it as I didn't get the popup to liberate.

Turn 450: the game is over as I am top of all demographics and reaching towards the contemporary era.
9/10 a couple of bugs
England,
this one is very long as I gave up 150 turns in
Went for a hundred years strategy and by 1300 I conquered France. Then had war with Germany with Spain as my ally. Destroyed him but left Berlin. Then conquered Panama and settled Mosquito Coast then had war with the Hapsburg (Spain and Austria)
liberated France as Spain took Toulouse during the war and I had a civil war so no buildings in France. destroyed Spanish america, got gold from peace. Everyone hates me guess I quit.
6/10 france is not a good land to take

Byzantium
Also fairly short
Only got tyre, Jerusalem and Memphis as flips. Rome destroyed Greece.
War with Huns, tie, peace in 10 turns
War with Arabia. Moderate victory, retake flipped cities as camel archers had strategic resource penalty.
Settle Balkans and Greece, very productive regions
War with Turks decisive victory due to equal tech levels and larger empire kill Turks, Sinope independent, Artashat independent
Rome lands an army about to declare war in 1600 and the game crashes, load again and crashes 2 turns later.
8/10 would keep going but crashes

Overall very fun, had the trade route capacity glitch and great people dissapeared a lot(except Wallenstein as China, used him from Tibet invasion to North Korea occupation.)

Might post images later, got the pre-mongol army, and some of england during civil war

maybe also give the starting keskiks a identical unit that doesn't need horses

War with Huns, tie, peace in 10 turns
shouldn't be possible to make peace?

I will remove horses as a requirement for camels then. I think it makes more sense than assigning more horses.
agree if you mean "more tiles with horses"
seems the quantity on tiles are always 1 in the mod
might make sense to increase them

upload_2022-6-12_22-40-32.png

Top Bottom