v81 - India

Mezzy

Warlord
Finally I found time to do another round of RFC! This time as Ghandi. I've played a bit over 400 turns now and it's mostly smooth sailing. Just a few bugs:

* Tech Music is missing quote text.
* Social policy Honor doesn't automatically reveal barbarian camps in explored territory, but instead it runs a check whenever you pick a new social policy. Not sure if this is as intended or not, but in my experience made Honor much less attractive.
* Might just be me not fully understanding the economy part of stability, as I had loads of trouble with it even though I was running in surplus, using all trade routes etc. After collapsing and then retaking my cities on the Indian subcontinent (only ever built capital + 3 cities), it evened out for a bit. But towards turn 400 I was back to Shaky.
* The "issue new banknotes" 5 turn plan didn't seem to work, at least not the short term bonus.
* After my civ collapsed, and retaking my cities the free buildings (monument and aquaduct) I got through the Tradition social policies were gone. Might be as intended, but it does make the Tradition Sp's less attractive when I lose my free buildings.
* When Russia collapsed its cities were shared between England, Turkey and Independents. That looked mostly weird imo, and didn't make much sense.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 02-Apr-22 20_02_41.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 02-Apr-22 20_02_41.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 123
Played a bit with Brazil today. Quite enjoyable! But it was a bit weird not having ANY maps when beginning in the 1800s. Should at least have some coastlines and a bit in Europe tbh. I also wonder if I started with too many settlers? There's not a lot of places to settle for Brazil.

One annoying thing: Since the Frigate spawned before I had any iron I got an alert saying I'm using too much iron. This alert does NOT go away even after I get myself som iron and I try right-clicking it away (like all other alerts).

One "weird" bit: New Orleans is still French way into late 1800s...

Mostly I felt technology was good, mostly on time, but maybe a tad bit early? I also wonder if it's intended to have Manhattan project where it is now? Since I saw both Germany, Korea and France finishing the Manhattan project sometime in the 1880s. Got me scared for a moment there :p

Hey it's very nice to see someone alive in this section :)

* Social policy Honor doesn't automatically reveal barbarian camps in explored territory, but instead it runs a check whenever you pick a new social policy. Not sure if this is as intended or not, but in my experience made Honor much less attractive.
It's been there since many version, I think it's even in the "know issues" list.

Top Bottom