v85 England and various stuff

Bonci

King
So, I've had a few false starts in trying to test v85.
First I wanted to try vikings but this is what I found on spawn:
20220718235202_1.jpg

Then I decided to give Persia a go, the spawn was fine but while attacking Phoenicia a typhoid epidemic destroyed literally my whole army so I got demoralized and started a new game. I guess it worked by design, but it was quite devastating XD

Next it was Germany time. Nothing too strange to report except that someone (not yet met) reached renaissance by 942. I miscalculated the dutch flip zone, lost a city and decided to restart again :p

This time England, I had a great time!
A few considerations:
- Arabia never settled Egypt/north Africa despite the fact it was completely empty
- Ottomans never manage to conquer Greece from the byzantines
- I found a Japanese privateer in 1426 in south America (cool!) and then a few Indian musketeers on the coast. I think they triggered conquistadores for the Inca but never conquered any cities.
- I got conquistadores for Aztecs but I had founded no religion, so I got missionaries that couldn't spread any religion.
- AI seems pretty raze happy. In a war between France and Spain, the latter conquered Bordeaux and razed it to the ground, then France conquered and liberated Barcelona but the next turn Spain got it back and razed it. Those cities were never settled again. Spain proceeded to conquer and raze 2 more french colonies in north America.
- Bismark completed the Manhattan Project in 1750.

I'm going to try and finish the game completely, loading times are not a concern for the time being and no crashes so far:woohoo:

Last edited:
Here (a couple of turns before), looking at the autoplay probably China or Japan. Would be compatible with the japanese privateer I found the next game :)

Attachments

• EARLY_RENAISSANCE.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yeah sorry I keep doing this, I play on emperor and you already told me that tech speed is a bit faster on higher difficulty levels. Still thought it might interest you if you are going to try and balance other difficulty levels at some point ;)

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm having a lot of fun right now :D
I finished my England game! 1898 AD without turn times being unbearably long.

20220723004330_1.jpg

And I started a Phoenicia one, trying to win by objectives:
- Would it be possible to have a breakdown in the tooltip of every stability category? Like, why is always my economic stability so low and my military so high? Is it just the number of turns alive or am I doing something wrong with my economy? Also civilian, even if my cities are big and happy loyality seems always low or negative. A bit of clarity would help a lot!
- Arabia doesn't start at war with Egypt?
- UHV system works but it doesn't force you enough into an historical path IMO. For example Phoenicia: you have to found Carthage and ok (it says on the tooltip it would give 300 pts but only gives 200). But after that you could conceivably just sit there with a few cities in north Africa, wait for astronomy and go around founding coastal cities in the new world. Or you could found every possible city around the mediterran and then even if you lose some to flips/revolts you will eventually win by having the coastal tiles counter ticking up, as long as you don't get completely wiped out..
Also it doesn't feel like a puzzle as in civ4, where you had to find a way to do everything before a certain date or you would lose the chance to win the UHV.

I tried to play historically and won around 1000AD

Bonus: England being good guys and liberating Wales to the last true romans :)
20220723162255_1.jpg

Bonus2: peruvian norway! This happens sometimes when a civ collapses (also notice the tooltip).

20220723001800_1.jpg

Last edited:
Doing an England game right now, everything seems to be working fine. My only issue is that I don't understand how I get -60 in economy stability when I have an income of 300+ gold per turn. What am I doing wrong?

it's mostly based on how GDP grows.
Is there anywhere I can keep track of that in-game? And what am I supposed to do? I had stock exchanges in all cities and maxed out all trade routes. Do I have to settle new cities to grow GDP?

i dont actually know, but it's positive as you keep growing in all aspects.
It it actually a realistic way of influencing stability. There are theories on the Roman empire, that it declined because basically it ran out of growth and the virtuous circle stopped

I guess it'll be easier to manage once the options to move stability points are added.

Top Bottom