1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Boundless, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Boundless

Boundless Deity

Firstly, I am shocked and appalled that NO ONE on CFC has made a Valentines thread! Considering all the stuff we put on here, no one really just missed this did they :p

Therefore, I am doing a very late HAPPY VALENTINES DAY and lots of love to you all.

TELL US YOUR STORIES.

How did you surprise your loved one?
    Did you tell a long-term crush how you felt?
    Did you send any cards?
    Or are you heartless and didn't do anything? :p

Your stories, woes - please :)

B x

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems

What do you expect with an internet forum filled with a majority of jaded singles? :p

I celebrate Singles Awareness Day, thank you very much :p. Not this couple's holiday.

3. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Yep. No patience for romantic relationships here.

4. Antilogic

Antilogic --

In my defense, I wanted to do something but the girl won't return my calls. :rolleyes:

5. madviking

madviking north american scum

I sent a card to my girlfriend. But, nothing exciting happened as we both have two exams today. Just wait until Friday. ;););)

6. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

I thought of my one true love, and if I could have, I'd have been standing by her grave.

7. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Valentines day is the most unromantic day of the year.

Girlfriend saw some earrings she liked in the weekend, but were too expensive. I planned to buy them on Monday and give them to her to surprise her. Shop was closed on Monday. So I bought them yesterday. Then realised it was Valentines Day. :mad:

If I do something, I do so not because it's a specific day. I hate that day. It's commercial, cynical and has little to do with romance.

edit: Bah! Humbug!

8. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Studied thermo. good story huh?

I did get some free stuff being passed around my university campus, including a life saver (candy), a cup cake, and a condom!

And I used 2/3 of those free things!

9. anandus

anandus Errorist

I bought my girlfriend some chocolate as a surprise.
    We never do anything on Valentine's day (my girlfriend wasn't even at home that day), but I couldn't supress making a little gesture.

My original idea of having an authentic Valentine's Day with sacrificed goats and such wasn't allowed by my girlfriend :(

10. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I spent Valentine's day with my friend Steve, who I am going to Peru with. We went to the local Mountain Equipment co-op (amazing place) and then for dinner afterwards.

So we're sitting in a booth at a semi-fancy place, I'm eating steak, he's eating.. some chicken sandwich. We're talking about the trip, planning, etc.

And then it comes time to pay.. and the waiter is like "Will that be 2 cheques or 1?" And that's when I realized that it was Valentine's day and that he thought we were on a gay date.

11. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

We are both so exhausted lately that it's hard to find the energy to go out. I offered to set up plans last week, but Mrs.DT told me that she'd rather just spend a night in where we didnd't have to worry about planning anything or talk about any responsibilities. We cooked dinner and watched TV...and it was AWESOME.

We're going on a mini vacation to Ohio (so she can meet the rest of my family/old college friends) over the weekend, and I think we'll do something a little more romantic then.

12. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

Feb. 14th is Oregon's birthday. A much more worthy holiday to celebrate than one designed to sell Hallmark cards and chocolate.

13. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

There was 1 time I did something with Valentine. That was the first year of my relation with my ex. Afterwards I told her that that was the last time I would do something for Valentine.
    Valentine is day that almost forces some one to make a show of love. I don't need a special to do that if I love someone. Valentine's day takes love and twists and turns it and makes it into something that shouldn't see the light.

I don't mind people doing something with the one they love, but don't do it because it is Valentine but do it because you love him or her.

EDIT: I do, sincerely, hope you had a nice Valentine's day :)

14. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

I jumped out from behind a corner, and he flew about 2 feet into the air. But then he chewed on my ankles for revenge. I guess that's what surprising a cat normally does.

I tried to find kind words for the stink bugs I'd crushed long ago, but I couldn't. But I did find a dictionary's worth of disgust-filled words.

Many. My card holder was full of them. Canasta is once again confirmed to be my favorite card game. :goodjob:

I report, you decide! :D

15. Renner

Renner Warlord

16 hour world of tanks marathon with 2 friends.

16. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I spent Valentine's Day alone because I was working on an essay, but I did go out with friends on Monday and I am doing the same today so I'm not that much of a loner!

17. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I spent the day with the most intimate of lovers, my hand.

18. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I bought my girlfriends some new sweaters:

19. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

I got her a chloroform soaked rag!

20. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

I actually didn't do anything yesterday, but this morning I snuck a card and chocolate heart box into her locker before school and she was pleasantly surprised :)

You mean... I'm not? :(