Vampires don get strenght from kills nearby

Cyon

Cosmonaut
My vampires wont get the strenght buff from nearby kills, not from barabarian, other players or my own. not from stasndinfg near or killing themself.

I also don't see the strength sucking animation that was visible during the live stream. Does vampires work for everybody else? Do you need more than one level in the secret society for vampires to gain strength from kills?

haven't started a game yet, still at the office but... as far as animation goes: Do you maybe have fast movement on ? maybe that doesn't show the blood sucking animation ?

Discussion thread for all vampire related questions.

My question:
I drank of the red cup and my country has seen its first nightwalker move from village to village.

When I defeated a unit next to the vampire, however, nothing changed. By now I've killed four units next to the vampire, and its combat strength is still a mere 20. All units were Civ units (no barbarians).

Does anyone have any clue how this is supposed to work? Is it a bug? Am I doing it wrong?

I'm getting the animation (and a bear roar sound effect, I guess vampires roar?), but also not seeing any strength increases for Vampires.

On a tangent, Vampires don't gain exp and don't have a promotion tree, so they're basically just funny melee units. I'm actually rather disappointed.

That seems to be a bug, at least based on how the devs described Vampires during the Secret Society reveal.

For the record, there's another thread that also reported this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vampires-don-get-strenght-from-kills-nearby.660959/

I haven't played with the Vampires yet, but based on the dev livestream on Wednesday:
Is it possible that the bonus strength is added as a combat modifier, rather than base combat strength?

Vampire.png

Yeah this is it, the animation only plays when my vampire kills not for nearby kills, but the strength increase happens but only as a combat modifier. Which means you cant see your strength buff it if you dont have any combat previews nearby. That why I didnt see it.

The vampire are a bit underwhelming until proparly buffed, but the yields from the castles are crazy, i get like 24 food! 10 production, 18 faith 10 culture from ont of them.

It worked for me. Both blood sucking animation and the bonus strength. (Maybe verifying files and turning off all mods will help?)
20200724222701_1.jpg

This forums crapping out for anyone else?

So do vampires gain strength from their own kills? And what is the radius of 'near'?

Unfortunately, the combat modifier for units that have died near the Vampire does not display on the unit abilities panel when mousing over the unit portrait. I have passed that recommendation along! It is a combat modifier and not a base strength adjustment. It is working, though, and will display properly in a combat preview. Vampire units do get strength from their own kills, and "near" is adjacent to the Vampire unit.

This forums crapping out for anyone else?

So do vampires gain strength from their own kills? And what is the radius of 'near'?

Bonus strength applies either when vampire kills a unit or a nearby enemy (adjacent unit) was killed by another unit.

Edit: ninja'ed (or vampired) by Carl!

Unfortunately, the combat modifier for units that have died near the Vampire does not display on the unit abilities panel when mousing over the unit portrait. I have passed that recommendation along! It is a combat modifier and not a base strength adjustment. It is working, though, and will display properly in a combat preview. Vampire units do get strength from their own kills, and "near" is adjacent to the Vampire unit.

Cheers bro.

I haven't played with the Vampires yet, but based on the dev livestream on Wednesday:
Is it possible that the bonus strength is added as a combat modifier, rather than base combat strength?

View attachment 563763

I guess it would be way to strong if Vampires got bonus base strength. I mean your city strength scales with your units base strength, with a properly stacked vampire you would become unconquerable for anyone without vampires.

Top Bottom