1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vancouver, B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Storm_ca, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Storm_ca

Storm_ca Chieftain

Since the "Canada" thread seems to be devoted to people who have obtained copies of Civ4 living on the east coast, I thought I'd start a new thread. Can anyone share their experience with obtaining their copy from various stores in B.C., and specifically Vancouver? Any comments on the game itself would be interesting as well.

2. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

well I dont actually have it but here in Prince George they had the regular versions in yesterday however EB messed up my pre-order and ordered me a regular version instead of the special addition so I waited till today because I called Future Shop and they said they usually get a few special editions in for every game and he will hold one for me if they come. But EB does have them

3. Storm_ca

Storm_ca Chieftain

I've gotten conflicting information from EB at Oakridge. According to one employee, no copies of Civ4, regular or pre-order, have come in. According to another, a few copies were listed in an incoming shipment wednesday, but cannot be found. I'm just curious to see if anyone else in the Vancouver area have found copies of the game.

4. insectile

insectile Chieftain

I'd like to know if there is anywhere in Van I can get it for sure as well. How about the EB downtown? I've gotten conflicting information when calling EB's in the past (and just plain wrong information) so I'd like to hear from anyone who has made a confirmed sighting.

5. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

wow this doesnt really make to much sense if both EB games up here in the Northern Interior have it every EB should have down south they may be all sold out and thats why they are saying they dont have any in but other then for that reason they should be there.

6. insectile

insectile Chieftain

I dunno - honestly the EBs (and most of the rest of the game stores) in Van seem to kinda suck. In Victoria (specifically the EB in Mayfair) I could always get games on the release date with no problems. (...and I've read that they have Civ 4 there right now). It makes no sense though - you'd think Van would get them first.... but it doesn't seem to actually work out that way.

...and the EB in Oakridge seems to be run by a bunch of jerks. I could go into a rant as to why I feel that way, but I'm getting off topic ;)

7. Storm_ca

Storm_ca Chieftain

It doesn't seem the Oakridge EB is sold out, rather from everyone I've spoken to, no copies of the game have been confirmed as sold (BTW, I was one of the first to pre-order there). I mentioned above that at one point, an employee said the computer showed a couple copies arrived, but they were nowhere to be found, nor were sold. My best guess is that they have received no copies as of yet, so it is quite strange that the interior got their shipments in. When will Vancouver get their shipments? Last it seems.

8. insectile

insectile Chieftain

LAME!

Hmmm... how long exactly is the drive to Prince George? ;)

9. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

lol like 7hrs but I just called and they are all sold out here so no luck for anyone obssed enought to attempt it ;) they have my pre-order waiting for me there but Im still waiting for future shop to get their shipments in to see if they have the special addition.

10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I got it in Langley last wednesday. Pre-order.

Absolutely great game. The best iteration in the series, and I know what I am talking about because I played the whole series since 1991.

Go get it friends!

The Rebel:goodjob:

11. insectile

insectile Chieftain

Did they have lots of non-pre order copies available? Which store was this at specifically? Langley would be a much shorter drive than Prince George ;)

Thanks for the info!

12. matthewv

matthewv Emperor

I Pre-ordered Civ4 Special Edition last Friday from EB games in Lougheed Mall, Burnaby and recieved it this Wednesday. When I picked my copy up :) they said they only have copies copies for those who pre-order but mentioned they should have regular copies of civ4 in tomorrow(Thursday).

I have bee playing Civ since Civ 1 and I think Civ 4 is easily the best in the series. Civ 4 has many new inovations that really improve gameplay and make the game more interesting.

13. valisnats

valisnats Chieftain

I just got the game from the EB store in Capilano mall, North Van! No copies on the shelves, but some in a box behind the counter. This is the standard version and costs $59.99...

14. insectile

insectile Chieftain

Well now I'm surrounded on all sides with people that have Civ 4! My girlfriend is downtown right now at the EB checking if they have it there - I sure hope they do because there was certainly a price to convince her to check for me!
    :D

15. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

just got off the phone with future shop here and they have 30 copys so I think it's fair to say that future shops down in Van should also have it by now.

16. insectile

insectile Chieftain

Sweet. Looks like a Civ 4 weekend for me then! Halo-what?

17. Tarkhan

Tarkhan King

I shall crush the master chief with my mighty club-wielding warriors.

18. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Hey insect :lol:

I got it from EB Willowbrook Mall, Langley. They said that afternoon (wednesday) the first batch was "pre-order only", but that they would receive standard versions starting yesterday. Call them, I'm pretty sure your game is waiting there for you by now.

enjoy C4!

The Rebel

19. belamorte

belamorte Chieftain

Just got back from EB in Kelowna with my shiny new copy.

Finally :cool:

20. Vancouver 2010

Vancouver 2010 Getting Paid to Code

I got mine from EB Victoria yesterday. All they had were preorders... luckily mine was one of them.