Vanilla 1.74 PBEM starting

bamf226

King
I'm looking to start a vanilla game of Civ 4 with 4-6 people. I leave all options open for discussion. If you would like to join, please sign up in this thread. If you have any strong opinions for the game (map size, sea level, starting age, etc.) please post those as well.

*****EDIT******

We have 6 players and time zones have been given

Players:
jbieksha: Qin or Toki (which do you want more)
me: random
SV110MMH: Ceasar
kneark: Mongols (Kublai)
Gilgamesh9999: Alexander
Ankka:random

Map Info
Size: Small
Type: Continents
all other map options random, all victory conditions

Hey, I'll jump on.

I live in California (for time-coordinating purposes) and do not really have many preferences for what type of game this becomes, other than that I would like to play as either the Koreans, or a Spiritual race.

I'm in.

I suggest 4 humans on a tiny continents map, starting age ancient or classical.

That makes it a little crowded, but makes the game shorter and more happens more quickly, which makes the game more enjoyable, since pbem's are rather slow.

I don't have any specific request for my civilization, make it random. ;)

Oh, and my timezone is GMT +0430, I think. email ankka603 att gmail dott com

I'd like to join. Timezone is GMT+1, civilization I'd like to play is Greeks, if that's not possible, then English.

I like the idea of having a map that is a little crowded, and if we are planning on following that plan and if there are no objections to any of the requests that have been made and the people who have joined then we should have the four people necessary right here, right?

Dagnamit. Too late.

Let's make the map small instead of tiny. Hopefully we will get a 6th player before I set up the game.

Let's discuss other options:
Sea Level:
Victory Conditions
Speed
Starting Era

If there are any other options you feel strongly about, let me know.

Let's make the map small instead of tiny. Hopefully we will get a 6th player before I set up the game.

Let's discuss other options:
Sea Level:
Victory Conditions
Speed
Starting Era

If there are any other options you feel strongly about, let me know.

I'd suggest all default, but I'll accept anything.

Do make sure that the player order and timezones match sanely when making the game, please.

What map script are you going to use? Continents or pangaea? Pangaea would propably be the most interesting, as everyone should be able to fight everyone.

Oh, BTW, do you guys play the GOTM? Because it affects a DLL file, and everyone should have the same one.

Got your private message. I'm involved in a smalled pbem already but would love to get involved in a bigger one. I would pick random or perhaps Saladin as my leader. Sign me up it's not to late! My time zone is GMT -6 (Minnesota - CST).

P.S. I would choose all defaults, ffa - no teams to start with! AI? I might add one or two hard AI so that us humans may have a common enemy if it works out that way. Map type? Make that random as well.

If still holding for a 6th, I am game.

I am GMT +5 (New Jersey) I'd like to play Qin or Toku.

6 is quite many.. we propably won't get to 1 turn/day with so many players, and the game will last ages. Although it isn't my decision, this is my opinion.

And New Jersey is GMT -5, isn't it?

P.S. I would choose all defaults, ffa - no teams to start with! AI? I might add one or two hard AI so that us humans may have a common enemy if it works out that way. Map type? Make that random as well.

Yeah, no teams.. I wouldn't put an AI in as it might mess up the gameplay... human vs human only is nicer.

I like the idea of random map everything, it makes the game a little harder at the start. :)

Oh, BTW, do you guys play the GOTM? Because it affects a DLL file, and everyone should have the same one.

No GOTM-ing here.

As for the starting era and other options, I have no preferences that would make me want to quit or anything so whatever you guys want is fine.

Time Zone order:

jbieksha: -5 GMT
bamf226, DocHammoc : -6 GMT
kneark: -8 GMT
gilgamesh9999: +1GMT
Ankka: +430 GMT

Does it make sense to start with Ankka or jbieksha? Ankka originally suggested continents, so that's where we start. I have no problem randomizing the map and using defaults for everything else.

As for leaders here is what we have:
jbieksha: Qin or Toki (which do you want more)
me: random
DocHammoc: random
kneark: Wang Kon
Gilgamesh9999: Alexander
Ankka:random

send me a PM with your e-mail addresses so I can distribute

Ooooh, that is unfortunate...

I'll take the Mongols with Kublai Khan in that case, even though I said I would go with a Spiritual leader otherwise =).

Anyway, sent bamf226 a PM with my e-mail.

Time Zone order:

jbieksha: -5 GMT
bamf226, DocHammoc : -6 GMT
kneark: -8 GMT
gilgamesh9999: +1GMT
Ankka: +430 GMT

Does it make sense to start with Ankka or jbieksha?

The starting player shouldn't matter, but the timezone-based playing order should be

Ankka
gilgamesh
jbieksha
bamf/DocHammoc (order doesn't really matter)
kneark

And I hope everyone realises this game won't end in a week or two, this'll take at least three months with 6 players.

Top Bottom