Vanilla Scenarios?????

Mondas

Warlord
They should make a forum to post nothing but vanilla for us people who have no PTW or conquests to call out own. Where are the vanilla scenarios at???

That's silly. As of April 2003, why would someone want to make anything for vanilla? Its inferior, and modding with it is more difficult.

because some of us are poor and can't afford to buy PTW or conquests. I'm sure you didn't mean it in a mean way but I kinda take offence to that.

I'm working on a mod for Vanilla. I';m doing the tech tree now. Then comes the civilopedia, then i'm done!

oh: And Bungus, respect your civ elders. Grow up.

Vanilla *is* inferior to PTW and C3C. It is very difficult to make a decent scenario for Vanilla, although you can do decent mods. It's not insulting to say that - after all, if C3C were no better than Vanilla, they wouldn't have released it! The fact is that C3C is specifically designed for scenario making (the Conquests of the title are just scenarios). This means that anyone who's interested in making scenarios probably has C3C and will only make scenarios for it.

^Yeah what he said. And I don't want to hear any griping about how conquests costs too much money. Its 15 bucks. "You get a job!"

It does not cost 15 its 29 dollars I see it everyday at work. As far as griping goes-- if you don't like go somewhere else. We don't need people like you here. :)

I just saw it on ebay for 99 cents. so I'm bidding on it...Am I going to need PTW for anything with scenario making and playing? :)

Heheh. Nope, PTW is included with Conquests. And conquest's editor is all you'll need for scenario modding; its better than the others by far.

is it like Civ II MGE where I can add unique units and keep them in the scenarios without affecting the entire game program? :)

Yes. Adding your own scenario in no way affects the normal game or conquest scenarios.

But will ading them with specialized unit change the game.... I.E. If I make a winged horse will it show up in every scenario of new game i play? :) BTW I should be getting it in a few days. Conquests, not a winged horse. :)

No, just the one scenario you made changes to. You choose which one to play under civ-content.

I don't quite get it. So I will ask simplely. I made 4 scenarios in vanilla. can I take them and use them in conquests and add specializzed units? But not have those special units show up in a regular game??? :)

Top Bottom