1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Vanilla) Shadow Game Monarch

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by SilkwormTR, Aug 12, 2010.

1. SilkwormTR

SilkwormTR Chieftain

Recently I had to spend 2 weeks without internet BUT with my laptop and I have been playing extensively. This is my first post but I have been following this forum over a year now and thanks for all the tips so far.
    I have done prince several times easily but ot stuck at monarch. I realize my problems lie mainly at city management and research priority in AD time line. I'm still not decided for example if to construct a cottage on a green or brown.

After several days long tries and getting beaten soundly, I decided to play a shasow game and get tips and tactics from better players.

Also a final note: I like Civ4 Vanilla and have never played BTS or Warlords. Should I?

In this particular game I decided to start with Inca for early possible rush, and to my luck I was able to beat Kublai Khan, and captured his capital. Then I attacked and decided to keep a barbarian village. Added 2 of my own and here is the final screenshots. I have gone so far in similar games yet still got beaten. I have built The Oracle, Great Library, founded Confucianism so I can say so far so good. I'm right ahead at tech with my neighbours (though they don't like me much) and don't easily trade techs. I had to give them several techs so that I can get at least open borders with Egypt to spread my religion. I don't know the other continent so no idea on their status or who are my opponents.

Now the questions
    1- Should I pursue a conquest/domination victory? If so whats the tech I should lead
    2- I think if I start prodcuing Swordsman now, I can probably get rid of Tokugawa, or reduce him to 1-2 cities
    3- If conquest/domination does not look feasable, what victory should I pursue
    4- How to manage my cities and terrain better. For example which city you can recommend as GP farm, cash or production city.
    5- The central area looks ripe. Maybe I can build 1 more city there and 1 more on south/SW of my capital.

Well you get the idea. We can play it together if you like. Thanks a lot from now on. I will try to play 20-30 turns per night and add here the latest save and ss.

2. SilkwormTR

SilkwormTR Chieftain

250 - AD save here. Thanks again for help. As I said I want to know what I should follow in 3 questions mainly:
    1- City management (I used to usually auto manage them by choosing hammer/food/coin etc)
    2- Terrain management (where to build what except for obvious ones)
    3- Which path to follow in tech

Attached Files:

3. SilkwormTR

SilkwormTR Chieftain

Can someone delete this thread. Posted at wrong part. I posted to the correct one but can not delet these posts. Please delete this thread.