1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vanishing City State Army!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Xoon, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

So I'm playing Turkey and I'm slaying with these city state levies. I meet Persia and Ngazargamu is plenty hale to levy and wipe them out. I have one turn to go before I have enough cash to turn them and more than half their army just vanishes into thin air! No battles no nothing. The first screen shot is 14 gold away being able to levy. The next screenshot is the very next round. I remained suzerain the entire time, so there aren't any hiding in the fog. Is this normal or this just the most unfortunate bug timing in history? By the time the army builds up enough to be useful, they'll have walls and a lot more preparation.

upload_2020-2-8_18-47-37.png

upload_2020-2-8_18-48-11.png

2. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

This happened in 5 as well. In it you could sell units to a CS. If they had too many, they would delete some. I believe they delete units because they cant maintain them because of the lack of funds

3. Minou

Minou King

I once levied a few Swords from a city state and upgraded them to Musketmen. The turn the levy expired, I re-levied the troops but the Musketmen were gone (no enemy units close enough to kill them). I never figured it out but my best guess is that either the city state did not have enough gold for upkeep (not sure if city states even HAVE gold though) or that they are not allowed to own units it they don't have the relevant tech (I think city states get any tech that half of the Civs in the world have).

Since you had not even levied the troops though, this is hard to explain. It seems like it must be a bug, or an super freak thing like 4 tornados all appearing at once. Are you using any mods?

4. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

No mods other than just what comes with the expansions. But not having gold for upkeep makes the most sense. The timing sure was poor though.