Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

Failed Loding XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4HurryInfo.xml
[.\FXml.cpp133] Error parsing XML File-
File^ xml\Gameinfo/CIV4HurryInfo.xml
Can't install :(

You are trying to merge VD with the SVN version of the mod. You can try to replace all Schema files in the VD modules with their counterparts from the Assets folder, but I'm not sure if that would be sufficient.

Already tried, did not help. Is it possible to have something like this set piece on SVN-version? If not, it would be possible in the future to download this graphic mod using SVN?

Well, you could merge all conflicts when opening the SVN mod with VD installed.

And I generally have no intention to keep the modules compatible with SVN because that would go against the purpose of the SVN version.

I might change something in the SVN which breaks the compatibility, which has just happened with the new civics.

In that case,how about updating your OP before an idiot like me goes ahead an installs it? :wallbash:

Does anyone know how to rectify this? I don't want to have download it again and update the SVN from 1.11 again and install the add-ons again.

In the case of the Mongolians, I think it's best if you simply make all cities in their core, no matter who founded them, yurts. Karakorum and a northern city both have Chinese graphics for some reason.

Why is there problem with XML? Leoreth, do you play both DoC SVN and VD mods merged?

No, Varietas Delectat is only compatible with 1.11 so I play without it.

Sorry, I just read this:

"Important note for users of the SVN version: You can install this even when using the SVN version of the mod. This may cause problems with future updates, however. In theory, when I commit a change to file that was overwritten by this package, it will result in a conflict and the update doesn't complete. This isn't very likely because these files probably won't be changed by me. If it does happen, delete all the variants that are in the conflicted folder (SVN marks them with a yellow exclamation mark symbol) and unpack this package again."

Is this paragraph still applicable??? :wow

It's a bit misleading. The commits that break compatibility have already happened.

Edited the OP, this should be more accurate.
Important note for users of the SVN version: Compatibility of this module with the SVN version of the mod is not guaranteed. The module is only updated to be compatible with proper packaged releases. Most SVN changes are unlikely to break compatibility, however over the course of development such changes may occur. If the last release is a while ago, chances are high the module will be incompatible with the SVN version. Furthermore, installing the module even with a compatible SVN version may create problems with later updates. This is because the module overwrites several versioned files which leads to conflicts when the SVN client attempts to update them.

The module is currently not compatible with the most recent SVN revision.

Without being completely sure what revision 730 is, the answer is no.

Hi, I am playing the SVN version (currently 731) with VD mod, it works fine although it occasionally cause crashes, mostly in late eras. Up to modern eras everyfing is ok. My question is which files can cause incompability, I will try to look these files to fix crashes, at least, for current revision. Anyway, the DoC with VD is an awesome combo mod.

Actually if the mod loads for you there is no immediate incompatibility (maybe it resolved on merge?). The late game crashes are more likely due to the higher memory consumption from all the graphics.

So you do think hardware updgrade will resolve the problem? Currently I am playing on Core i3 with 4G RAM, 2G/128bit graphic card. Maybe I will add more RAM?

Not sure if it's RAM or GPU memory, but more can help.

Top Bottom