Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

A few revisions back, I was unable to load any of my saves - don't know if that too was related to VD issues :/
(Save games from the same revision, of course)

Update: the VD package is now compatible with (and requires) DoC v1.10. Other than resolving compatibility issues, I have also added civilization specific art for Italy (the Roman units they were using weren't really appropriate), Poland and Congo. The Moors share Arabian unit art and the Tamils use India's.

Update: the VD package is now compatible with (and requires) DoC v1.10. Other than resolving compatibility issues, I have also added civilization specific art for Italy (the Roman units they were using weren't really appropriate), Poland and Congo. The Moors share Arabian unit art and the Tamils use India's.
What about Tibet?

China's. Forgot to mention them.

Yeah, I've uploaded VD again with this problem fixed.

It's been reported somewhere else that medieval Greco-Roman farms don't show up correctly, and that slave plantations don't show their resources. I've been able to fix the former and remedy the other somewhat; slave plantations show less resources for some reason, even though they should be treated exactly like regular plantations, but at least now you see at least some resources.

I'll reupload the package later, if you want to fix your current installation, unpack the following file into the Assets/XML/Buildings folder.

The link works, but the file is no longer on Gamefront, just like 1.10. It's strange, because it appears to be there up until the point when it should be downloading... and it just doesn't. Maybe it's a problem on my end? Can anyone else confirm this?

Anyone else getting shape-shifting units (often only taking ethnic forms when selected) or this just me?
Standard unit graphic shenanigans. Not limited VD.

Leoreth, I once again humbly request that you devide VD and ECS into two separate modules if possible.

They serve distinctly different purposes and should not be bundled together. For someone like me, who always plays with Quick Combat, VD has virtually no effect. However I do greatly enjoy ECS.

The original VD combined both things and I only adapted the mod for DoC. Separating everything would be a mess.

Standard unit graphic shenanigans. Not limited VD.

Anyone else getting shape-shifting units (often only taking ethnic forms when selected) or this just me?

That's because you have Animations Frozen on. Most unit-makers don't bother to code for this option.

Mind you, turning them off late-game can lead to an increase in turn times.

Separating everything would be a mess.

It's actually quite easy to separate, though. Just replace the UnitArtStyleInfos and the XML file that governs the unit graphics of VD with the original ones and edit the CivilizationInfos to keep the ArtStyleTypes, but not the UnitArtStyles. I'm probably missing something, but this should do the trick.

I get a lot of crashes with VD but if I load the same games without I have no problems. Anyone has an idea on what could be the cause?

Also the model for italian pikeman is missing!

I get a lot of crashes with VD but if I load the same games without I have no problems. Anyone has an idea on what could be the cause?

Caro trentino, ti conviene dimenticarti delle bellezze stilistiche di VD. Ho avuto anch'io, così come tanti altri, lo stesso problema; le ho provate tutte, seguendo anche i consigli di Leo, ma niente.

Ti consiglio di non perderci tempo e giocare senza VD.

Did you make sure you have the latest versions of both DoC and VD? If you don't that can cause the crash.

And yeah Leoreth knows about the italian pikeman missing the model. He said it's been fixed in the latest release.

That's because you have Animations Frozen on. Most unit-makers don't bother to code for this option.

Mind you, turning them off late-game can lead to an increase in turn times.

It's actually quite easy to separate, though. Just replace the UnitArtStyleInfos and the XML file that governs the unit graphics of VD with the original ones and edit the CivilizationInfos to keep the ArtStyleTypes, but not the UnitArtStyles. I'm probably missing something, but this should do the trick.

Yeah that fixed it, thanks. I always play on lowest graphics.

Caro trentino, ti conviene dimenticarti delle bellezze stilistiche di VD. Ho avuto anch'io, così come tanti altri, lo stesso problema; le ho provate tutte, seguendo anche i consigli di Leo, ma niente.

Ti consiglio di non perderci tempo e giocare senza VD.

Peccato :( Ho aspettato fino al rilascio della 1.10 per avere una versione stabile su cui provare VD, ma a quanto pare il mio pc non apprezza l'idea di mostrarmi qualcosa di più vario del solito BtS XD

Did you make sure you have the latest versions of both DoC and VD? If you don't that can cause the crash.

And yeah Leoreth knows about the italian pikeman missing the model. He said it's been fixed in the latest release.

I'm playing on 1.10 with the last patch and VD is the one before the italian pikeman fix I think.

I guess I'll have to play without it :\

The crashes are simply memory problems as far as I can see, I have them too on my older desktop PC. There's not much that can be done about that, if your RAM can't handle that many graphics, you better play without VD.

Any Tamil art upcoming?
If you compare them with most northern Indian peoples, they look very different.

Could we pillage some Unit-art from SoI?

Top Bottom