1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Jun 18, 2012.

1. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Prince

The download link seem to be broken

2. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Prince

you don't say?

3. Wondering Kid

Wondering Kid Prince

Insert photo of Nicolas Cage's face...

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Just to be clear, the download works again.

I'd like to insert Tamil specific unit art, but couldn't find anything already compiled for me to use. SoI doesn't seem to be that promising either since it doesn't extend to Tamil Nadu / Sri Lanka.

5. CharlieHasted

CharlieHasted Chieftain

Excuse me but i think the download link is still broken :(

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I have just tested it and it works for me.

7. CharlieHasted

CharlieHasted Chieftain

Le me explain myself, whenever i try to download the file at the "Download File" button (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19449) I'm taken to the Gamefront website so I click the "Download now" button and everything works just fine... until this appears: "Thank you for downloading Varietas Delectat for DoC v1.10.rar

Your download will begin in a few seconds.
    If it does not, click here."
    After that a message appears saying that the file couldn't be found because it may have been moved, renamed or erased. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that is having this kind of problems. I also have tried the "click here" option but same error appears. :sad:
    I always kept a copy of DoC with Varietas Delectat on my HD but I lost it for some reason when i upgraded to Windows 8. :rolleyes:

8. Zaduzai

Zaduzai Warlord

I have had too problems with Gamefront. Actually I have never manage to download there anything (if I remember right) so I have download from Chinese webpage which link someone have put in first thread when I have downloaded DoC.
    Many people have complain that link is broken from Gamefront, I think for all DoC stuff should have at least one more place where to download. I think Gamefront and some computers have problem - but obviously not every computer. So there are many post that it not working and after that post from different people that it is working...

PS I have try downloading from Gamefront with three different web browser: Chrome, Mozilla and Explorer. I have Windows 7.

9. CharlieHasted

CharlieHasted Chieftain

Well, as I can see you are from Finland, maybe Gamefront blocked your country as it happpened with me. I managed to find a solution to download from that site again by using a proxy. I also downloaded DoC from the Chinese website. The link to the tutorial: Moderator Action: *snip* link removed, looks a bit suspicious. I'm sure he can find a good page with an explanation about proxy use himself ;). To fully understand the content of the tutotial you may use Google Translate. By the way, I could upload both DoC and VD to another server but I think Leoreth would have to authorize this proposal.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

If you want to upload the mod's RARs to another server, go ahead.

11. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Er...could somebody transmit me the VD & ECS for DoC v1.10 by E-mail, please?It seems that it can't be downloaded in China.

My E-mail: qiupw@yahoo.cn or 810622567@yahoo.com

In fact, I can't download any files from FileFactory, include DoC v1.10, same as most of Chinese players. So I suggest that if Leo could upload files to sourceforge?

12. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Seems a bug here.

svn rev 450, Along with bluemarble, DoC Soundtracks, VD&ECS and merjin's 2nd UU&UB, but when I get into the game, it seems a bug about city display, the cities are just a road on the map and without any buildings.

13. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

Doesn't it fix itself after a few turns? It's a very old bug, sometimes its ruins. Last time I asked Leoreth about it he said " :dunno: "

14. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

It seems caused by 2nd UU&UB, but not VD&ECS or the mod itself.

15. only sky

only sky Chieftain

16. Mr.Kwast

Mr.Kwast Chieftain

I have a little problem with my SVN with VD, when i running it, they show many messages of ERROR and conflictions!

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That's no surprise with all the new civs. I only maintain the modules to be compatible with the downloadable versions.

Maybe someone else has made it work and can help you out?

18. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

Yes. Easy process.

1. First, you need to be at revision 451.
    2. Install VD as is in the instructions. Let everything that wants to overwrite.
    3. Update to revision 452. Now go to Assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\VD_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml Search for "NAVY", which should get you to the American unique unit. Change where it says "UNITCLASS_MARINE" to "UNITCLASS_RIFLEMAN" and where it says "UNIT_AMERICAN_NAVY_SEAL" to "UNIT_AMERICAN_RIFLEMAN".
    4. Update to the latest revision. If there are any conflicting files (marked with a yellow triangle if using TortoiseSVN, NOT a red circle), delete them and re-update.

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks, that saved me the trouble of sorting things through myself.

20. ales_

ales_ Heir

What graphics are the new civs using?