Various bugs?

davejonz

Chieftain
I do not know my version number but I just started playing last Friday so I assume I am running the latest version (Steam has not, I don't think, done any auto upgrades since then.)

I have a PC and am playing Gilgamesh. Here are what may be some bugs:

1. Even though I have created religious buildings, I cannot create missionaries or prophets.

2. I cannot create archeologists.

3. The city attack function sometimes takes the LMB, sometimes the RMB and sometimes cannot be invoked at all and nothing subsequent can be done in the game (except exit).

4. I cannot create fishing boats.

5. None of my land units have been able to "auto explore".

6. I have had four barbarian units appear simultaneously from nowhere around my city.

7. I too, have noticed subs can damage items on land (but this may be "normal")

1. To generate Missionaries of your religion, you (1) must have founded a religion, (2) must have a holy site with a shrine, (3) your religion must be the majority religion in the city with a holy site and shrine, and (4) you must purchase the missionary with faith in the city that satisfies (2) and (3). To purchase apostles, the same requirements apply, except you also need a temple in the city where you are trying to purchase the apostle.

Note that if your city has no religion you can't purchase any missionaries or apostles in that city, even if you do have a shrine and temple in that city. Also, if your city has been converted to another religion, the missionaries and apostles you buy in that city will have the religion of the city in which they are purchased (i.e., not your religion).

2. You can only create an archaeologist in a city with an archaeological museum -- and that archaeologist will be "tied" to that museum (all artifacts he digs up will be automatically teleported back to that museum and he will disappear when his museum is full).

3. Not sure exactly what you are describing here, but you often have to select the city first, then click the red bombard button and it should work from there.

4. There are no work boats in the game -- you embark a builder to the sea resource tile and you should be able to improve that tile.

5. Do you mean you've selected "auto-explore" and nothing happens, of you can't find the auto-explore button?

6. You can spawn rebels (which appear as barbs) if your city is sufficiently unhappy. Check the amenities detail for that city. You can also have barbs "appear" outside your city when there is a barb camp just outside visibility range of your city.

7. Not clear whether this is WAD.

If this is a thread where we are listing small bugs, I will add some to the list. Hopefully helping any developer who is checking the forums for bugs.
Mac 1.0.0.26

1. I have a single ironclad that will not heal within my own territory on any turn or outside my territory despite having the promotion.

2. Sometimes the game will attempt to cut a course through land. There is not a canal city and the the territory it is attempting to cut through has already been explored.

3. Off the map. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cannot-move-view-back-to-my-cities.602440/

4. Settle first (Capital) city as Aztecs and City Borders did not appear. Can not check to see if they appear after reloading due to bug #3.

5. Declared war on myself as Rome.

6. Unmet Civ's can declare war on me which may be link to a Civ doing a dual war in trade.

7. I can declare a war on an unmet Civ if another Civ trades for it. When I eventually met that Civ they are initially friendly and we can exchange city information.

8. As France, I sometimes receive obvious information such as "Arabia as made a trade deal with France."

9. Game gets stuck on giving a unit orders even though there isn't any units to give a task too (just need to reload an autosave).

1. To generate Missionaries of your religion, you (1) must have founded a religion, (2) must have a holy site with a shrine, (3) your religion must be the majority religion in the city with a holy site and shrine, and (4) you must purchase the missionary with faith in the city that satisfies (2) and (3). To purchase apostles, the same requirements apply, except you also need a temple in the city where you are trying to purchase the apostle.

I think that I met all those conditions but I will check.

Note that if your city has no religion you can't purchase any missionaries or apostles in that city, even if you do have a shrine and temple in that city. Also, if your city has been converted to another religion, the missionaries and apostles you buy in that city will have the religion of the city in which they are purchased (i.e., not your religion).

2. You can only create an archaeologist in a city with an archaeological museum -- and that archaeologist will be "tied" to that museum (all artifacts he digs up will be automatically teleported back to that museum and he will disappear when his museum is full).

I don't recall being able to build an "archeological museum" but I have built "museums".

3. Not sure exactly what you are describing here, but you often have to select the city first, then click the red bombard button and it should work from there.

I have clicked on the city (and sometimes have to zoom in a lot if there are units in the city, e.g., aircraft and cannon) but the red arrow never appears allowing me to target an adjacent hex.

4. There are no work boats in the game -- you embark a builder to the sea resource tile and you should be able to improve that tile.

I see. So the builder turns into a fishing boat?

5. Do you mean you've selected "auto-explore" and nothing happens, of you can't find the auto-explore button?

I have seen the auto-explore button but only once or twice and, as I recall, it was associated with a unit that was surprising that it had that option. I cannot recall which unit it was; but I am sure I have never seen that button when I selected a scout.

6. You can spawn rebels (which appear as barbs) if your city is sufficiently unhappy. Check the amenities detail for that city. You can also have barbs "appear" outside your city when there is a barb camp just outside visibility range of your city.

Oh, that might have been the cause. I had just taken over that city a few turn earlier but did not look at the amenities rating.

7. Not clear whether this is WAD.

Top Bottom