Various Buildings

Refar

Deity
As i got into making of buildings, and they are easy and fun to work on. So i guess i will be making a few in the future. A new release thread every time seems a bit to much, so they are going to be collected here.

I aim for low Polycounts on every Building, so they all should be suited for any ingame purpose that seems fit.
Textures are 256" for diffuse and 64" for shadow on each model. Standard Civ4 textures are 128" / 64" (Some are bigger as well) but i think 256" is good enought by now. Also scaling down is easier than adding detail, so i prefer to release with the bigger texture.

Spoilers have scaling suggestions and additional info, if necessary.

Theatres Pack <--- Link to the CFC file Database

The Bolshoi in Moskow (218 Polys)
The Semperoper in Dresden (280 Polys)
The Bourla Theatre in Antwerpen (216 Polys)
The Old Opera House in Frankfurt (292 Polys) - This one is Converted from Google 3d
Spoiler :
Bolshoi
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x3</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.75</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.65</fInterfaceScale>

Semperoper
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x2</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.6</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.6</fInterfaceScale>

Bourla
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x3</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.7</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.59</fInterfaceScale>

OldOpera
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_3x3</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.8</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.5</fInterfaceScale>

New World Missions <--- Link to the CFC file Database

The Alamo and 2 Variants of similar Mission Buildings. The models are setup in a way to make importing and rearranging for more variants easier.
All 3 share the same Diffuse map but have separate shadows.
The Biggest one (with two towers) is at 285 Polygones.
Spoiler :
Used Christina Cathedral as Reference Scale, so something similar to its artdefine should work. Values below from Wolfschanze, after orginal Cathedrals scale proven too small.
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_3x3</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.82</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.5</fInterfaceScale>

Mesoamerican Buildings <--- Link to the CFC file Database

Requested and suggested by GeoModder, 3 Kitbashes from Mayan Ballcourt and Aztec Altar.
Around 150 Polys each. All using the same diffuse Texture from Mayan Ballcourt, but each ahs its own shadow.
Spoiler :
No Scale suggestions yet - i will wait for Geo to put them in his mod to get good scaling :p
fScale ~1.5 could be a good point to start trying
Geo Modders reccomenation:
Meso1: Used as a university, scale 0.95 in node 3x2.
Meso2: Used as a library, scale 0.90 in node 2x2.
Meso3: Used as a theatre, scale 0.75 in node 2x2.

Car-Henge <--- Link to the CFC file Database

Requesed by Davidlallen for the Fury Road Mod
Around 1150 Polys. Those cars need a lot of polys. Should still be OK, as it is a wonder.
Spoiler :
My Scaling is usually off, still here you go...
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_4x4</LSystem>
<fScale>3</fScale>

-----
I might take requests - or better suggestions - at a limited rate and preferably with good hi-res reference, that i would then use as source for the textures.

These sets of religious buildings were made for the JARM Mod (<<< Link). You can get them with the Mod. I list them here for completeness, and to put up some screen-shots.

Norse Buildings -

A small shrine (159 Polys)
Longhouse (284 Polys)
Great hall / Stave church (360 Polys)
Shrine of Uppsala (800 Polys) - No one really knows how it looked.
Some known Key elements of it are statues of Thor, Odin and Freyr
at a deep well with a golden chain.

Nectomantheion Oracle

(496 Polys)
The Oracle (or better it's entrance, as it was a vast under-earth labyrinth) is described as Ziggurat like structure... the rest is artistic freedom ;)

Voodoo Buildings

A "Witch's Hut" (355 Polys)
Voodoo Market (276 Polys)
Temple des Python (324 Polys) A more or less - hard to tell as Voodoo does not have a lot of hierarchy - significant Temple Complex in Benin.

Shinto / Japanese Buildings

A bell tower / Temple (293 Polys)
Monastery with Sakkura "graden" (232 Polys)
Big Pavillon / "Cathedral" (372 Polys)
The Naiku (532 Polys) - one of many shrines in the Important complex in Ise.

Fire Temples

Fire Temple (308 Polys)
Zoroastrian Monastery (314 Polys)
The Surakhany Fire Temple in Baku (448 Polys)
The great fire temple of Firouzabad (344 Polys)

Attached are the Buttons for the Jarm buildings, "Clean" without religion icons, if someone want to use the buildings with other religions or for some secular purposes.

Man Refar... now I hate you... you went and made one of my other favorite Opera Houses, the Semperoper in Dresden! Now I have to decide which I prefer between Alte Oper and Semperoper!

Thanks again for the GREAT work! :deal:

Thanks guys.

The textures are a mix - i make a high res texture from what photo reference i can get and some painted parts to fill the voids, or where the photo is too distorted. Then i bake those into a single final texture.
On converted buildings i use the original authors texture as source for baking (The only reason to make a concersion, actually - the geometry is easy to make from scratch, but a good source texture can be worth converting)

@Ekmek - i actually had a couple of wild west buildings on my list, but i think i am not going too use the Google ones - the textures are not good enought to justify converting.
So those buildings are intended for a city set (Like in basic houses) ? Or will that be some city improvements ?

Speaking of city sets, some sort of "wild west" cityset might be nice for the Americans...

Speaking of city sets, some sort of "wild west" cityset might be nice for the Americans...

that and through the eras I think log cabins could be fine for ancient eras (though anachronistic I know but it wasnt a major tech breakthrough right?) and the red brick federalist style for the industrial era could be cool.

@refar
If I could I would make a city set, but since theethnic mediterean buildings look so cool I was thinking of using them for libraries, graniers, and universities to differentiate spanish/portugese theory. I'll give it another shot in blender. if I could just get a decent "tacobell" shape front and a tower out of it I think copy pastingand resizing will give me enough to differentiate them.

Playing a new game with my Mod right now... darn-it be to all... the Austrians are in my way... they are currently plopping-down some beautiful Opera Houses in cities right next to my border... I can't have those Austrian culture-producing buildings along my German border... I will have to invade them and burn-down those Opera Houses of yours Refar... seems a shame... being as pretty and all as they are! They are much nicer then my German theaters! :D

@Ekmek - i actually had a couple of wild west buildings on my list, but i think i am not going too use the Google ones - the textures are not good enought to justify converting.
So those buildings are intended for a city set (Like in basic houses) ? Or will that be some city improvements ?

A wild west city set would be great, and I'd love to have it in my mod as well. The Alamo would be good for a stand-alone wonder. The missions could be a building, like a monetary replacement.

I'd love to see them all.

I made the Alamo using the Google 3D model, that Ekmek pointed to, for reference.
Made two variants of it with bell towers, that look more like Christian Missions. All use the same texture and schould be easy to pick apart in Blender, to produce more variants, if necessary.

Link in the First post.

Seeing your screenshot, i think i need to rethink my scaling recomendation on it... I only tried it in a size 1 - 4000BC city and it looked ok. But in that big modern city of yours it looks a bit tiny :lol:

Seeing your screenshot, i think i need to rethink my scaling recomendation on it... I only tried it in a size 1 - 4000BC city and it looked ok. But in that big modern city of yours it looks a bit tiny :lol:
Same thing with the opera house recommendations... I made them a bit bigger in my mod, based mostly on surrounding buildings and like-buildings in larger cities. I toyed-around with a lot of sizes before settling on a scale of 1.85 (interface .52) for the AlteOper.

Happened to me a couple of times now. Its odd - i scale it in Max to more or less exactly match the boundaries of a imported stock building, and then use the art define of that stock building... Should be fool-proof, but apparently it isn't.

In both cases it was the Christian Cathedral tho... Perhaps i should choose another Building for scaling reference.

By the way, any hints as to what is next?
Not sure yet. I was thinking of some more wild west stuff - perhaps a Saloon/Hotel, Train Station, Telegraph and one or two Townhouses to assemble a city set...
Also have reference art for a couple of nice Industrial / Modern municipal buildings - Firewatch, Police Station, that kind of stuff.

Any preferences ?

Top Bottom