1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Vassal state doesn't break up after > 50% population

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DJMurtz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DJMurtz

DJMurtz Chieftain

I, as many others on these forums, have a problem with my vassal state.
    My vassal still had some towns and 25% pop. compared to me. I was really getting sick of the vassal so took drastic measures, I went back to slavery, grew a large army using the slave function which shrunk my total population drasticly leaving him with 54% of my population... Now, according to the game guide, this should break the vassalage, but it doesn't?

Is there anything else I should do before the vassal will break relations with me or is this just the way it's supposed to be, meaning the vassal _may_ cancel the deal if he want's since he has more population, but doesn't have nessecarily have to (understandibly, considering my huge army waiting at his doorstep by now... )

2. Stuie

Stuie Laudir Agus Mir

The vassal has to have greater than 50% population of the master AND 50% land of the master. Does your vassal meet the land requirement?

3. DJMurtz

DJMurtz Chieftain

I'm afraid not, and that won't be possible anymore since he's surrounded by other civs, ah well, I reloaded anyway, hate the 'war vassal' system...

4. Proteus

Proteus Chieftain

Aside from this:
    Does the vassalization automatically disbanded as soon as the requirements are met, or has the vassal decide to do so (and therefore could decide to stay a vassal although he has the option the get free again)?
    I suspect the latter is the case (i.e. vassals can stay vassals if they want to)

5. Koelle

Koelle King of Kings

Why does everyone one to get rid of vassal states. I love them. They help you alot in wars and function as a buffer between you and your worst enemies plus you can get some fresh cash or resources for free when needed.

6. Koelle

Koelle King of Kings

Yes, that is the case. Btw, if someone became your vassals at their own will (not because of capitulation), they can break free whenever they want.

7. Jaybe

Jaybe Chieftain Supporter

... after 10 turns (but not before).