Vassal States ruining war

I haven't read this thread, so this may have already been posted:

I attacked Mansa, who was a Vassal to Hannibal. Mansa got his butt kicked and cancelled his vassal status. A few turns later, he becomes Hannibals vassal again. There needs to be some sort of memory here, because it looks a little off. Become vassal of x. Gets butt kicked. Cancels vassal with x. Get butts kicked a little more. Becomes vassal of x again. :crazyeye:

A couple of posts here had mentioned vassal capitulation and Conquest victories.

I know from experience that capitulated vassals won't give you a Conquest Victory. If you've destroyed all the other civs, and the last one asks to capitulate, and you except, you still won't have a Conquest Victory.

gdgrimm said:
I know from experience that capitulated vassals won't give you a Conquest Victory. If you've destroyed all the other civs, and the last one asks to capitulate, and you except, you still won't have a Conquest Victory.
If you have a save that shows this, I would be interested to take a look.
Thanks!

If anyone wants a mod that changes the threshold for "You attacked our friend!" to Friendly, just tell me. This alliviates a lot the stack of negative modifiers due to multivassal wars.

alexman said:
Yes, it was intended, but admitedly it was a bad design. :mischief:

I don´t think it´s bad design, as it actually makes vassals USEFUL!!!

Elhoim said:
If anyone wants a mod that changes the threshold for "You attacked our friend!" to Friendly, just tell me. This alliviates a lot the stack of negative modifiers due to multivassal wars.

Yes please, and also have you figured out a way to make the same modifiers eventually disappear over time, which would be my preference....

The Greeks still being cross with me in 1760AD for attacking their "friend" the Persians in 2650BC is just silly.

Top Bottom