Vassalage and Civic Tweak

deadliver

Loud Mouth Amateur
Instead of constantly looking over your shoulder regarding vassal states (eww they gaining on population, or ew they getting larger than they should). I suggest that vassal states should be exposed to an entirely new level of pwndom. A civic should be made available called "Empire" or "Imperium" (neither of which is present as current civics) that denies membership in Over/Under council.

Vassalage should be a multi-stage process that could result in your vassal becoming a permanent organ of your civ. Sorry, I was reading about "Boney" as his methods

I just want their palace mana.

True. I just want a way to make them my permanent ally while being able to give them land etc. A civ can get out of capitulation right?

as long as they stay under your 50% but above their own 50% it usually works out. Personally I dont mind them being able to break off, although I like the Idea of Vassals being useful.

I wish there was a way for vassals to "borrow" techs during their stay at villa de Tasunke, so that their armies wont be outdated during their military contract with me. Then afterwards they have to stick to their crappy armies, and whatever they had left from me.

This leads my thought process during a different line ... multiplayer. Unit gifting should really, really be reallowed- with some slight restrictions I guess- and ppl should be able to ride in other people's boats regardless.

as long as they stay under your 50% but above their own 50% it usually works out. Personally I dont mind them being able to break off, although I like the Idea of Vassals being useful.

I wish there was a way for vassals to "borrow" techs during their stay at villa de Tasunke, so that their armies wont be outdated during their military contract with me. Then afterwards they have to stick to their crappy armies, and whatever they had left from me.

This leads my thought process during a different line ... multiplayer. Unit gifting should really, really be reallowed- with some slight restrictions I guess- and ppl should be able to ride in other people's boats regardless.

I like the idea of temporarily allowing vassals to build higher tech units. They should gain some beaker bonus though for being exposed to "the weapons of the gods". That way you may have a vested interest in keeping them low tech.

Being able to hire or rent units from vassals would be cool too. Would give the vassal much needed gold and you get something beyond fawning adulation.

Yea, tech leakage should be slowish, only the exact tech that unlocks the unit, and only up to a maximum of 50% gained in this way. For instance, if they had researched 45% of the tech, and stop researching it, using advanced weaponry would only get them to 95% of the tech.

I like the idea of a unit built in a vassal city to have a random chance to turn into or "be" ur most advanced model in that tech line. Perhaps a unit in such a way would generate one half beaker per turn or something, scaled to map size and speed.

Top Bottom