Vassals competing for city states

osmuni

Chieftain
Playing a game as Songhai, Siam is my Vassal, tired of Siam constantly snatching city states from me, they are a vassal after all, should not be doing that, the same way they can't declare war on me or they don't plop great generals to steal my land.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Balance. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
City states are free for the taking, thats why if you play CS game yourself Siam, and Austria have to be exterminated.
If you dont, just eat up the city states and tax the hell out of your vassals, just crank that lever up.

Not changing this.

City states are free for the taking, thats why if you play CS game yourself Siam, and Austria have to be exterminated.
If you dont, just eat up the city states and tax the hell out of your vassals, just crank that lever up.

I just destroyed Siam and problem solved.

Moderator Action: Please do not attempt to bypass the autocensor. Profanity is not permitted on the forums. - Recursive
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the feeling, having vassals like Siam and Austria competing for city states is a pain. Sometimes it's unavoidable to keep them as vassals, (when diplomatic situation wouldn't allow you to exterminate completely the civilization).

Diplomatic civs are also in a way nice vassals to have, because you have greater control over the world congress vote than if you would vassalize a non-diplomatic civ. This evens it out for me that they may take over some city states of you.

Yeah, even if your vassal doesn't like you too much you can just buy him some votes towards another proposals to prevent them of having things like Spheres of Influence

A good point of having diplomatic civs as your vassal is, that it frees up your own production for other city states and if you go to war, your vassal's city states wont declare on you, which means you can keep some of your trade routes and don't lose potentially good quests from them.
But I agree, it can be annoying if they go after "your" city states which you kept for centuries.

Top Bottom