Vassals

Ossian

Warlord
2 questions about them.

1, Can you be vassaled by a AI? I know players can do it to each other and you can vassal AI's but it never seems like they ask you to be their vassal.

2, Is it possible to make one of your vassals go into a permanent alliance with you?

I am sure 1) is "NO". I think 2) is "NO" as well, never tried however, as i never turned on permanent alliances. But its kind of unnecessary: A Vassal will go to War if you do, You can direct the Vassals Research and he will often accept Ressource trades / Demands from you even if it's his only ressource of that type (He might refuse the later and go to war, but it does not happen to me a lot). So why would you want him in a permanent alliance ?

I am sure 1) is "NO". I think 2) is "NO" as well, never tried however, as i never turned on permanent alliances. But its kind of unnecessary: A Vassal will go to War if you do, You can direct the Vassals Research and he will often accept Ressource trades / Demands from you even if it's his only ressource of that type (He might refuse the later and go to war, but it does not happen to me a lot). So why would you want him in a permanent alliance ?

Refar -- if you were pursuing a domination victory, getting a permanent alliance allows you to get full credit for the other civ's land and population (as opposed to just getting 50% of the other civ's population and no credit for land with a vassal.) Also, if somehow your vassal was on the verge of a space or culture win, you'd be able to enjoy that, too... :)

Hmm this is a good point.

My instinct tells me that you couldn't....I'm guessing that you'd have to technically end the vassal treaty before signing a PA treaty (just like you couldn't sign a Defense Pact with a vassal, either), and the master can't do that. If you could, that would be way too explotable with Colonies, too.

Refar -- if you were pursuing a domination victory, getting a permanent alliance allows you to get full credit for the other civ's land and population (as opposed to just getting 50% of the other civ's population and no credit for land with a vassal.) Also, if somehow your vassal was on the verge of a space or culture win, you'd be able to enjoy that, too... :)

You've got it all wrong. You don't get any credit for land and population by having a permanent alliance with some other civ, just a consant ally. And you do get credit for 50% for both the land and population of a vassal. And you don't get any benefit if your vassal gets a space race or cultural win. Either way you still lose the game.

I have been asked but that mainly because i was doing amazing. It was a real world map as Rome i had spain, france, germany, north africa, half of russia, egypt. It was a pretty crazy game. 9 i usually play on noble and i was playing on warlord) After my war with the russians they asked to be my vassal, Mali did and the mongols, and in the trade screen just about everyone was willing to be my vassal

Top Bottom