1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vassals

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by groovydude49, Apr 24, 2013.

1. groovydude49

groovydude49 Chieftain

I saw in this thread that this mod supposedly allows the player to become the vassal of an ai. Is this still true, or was it ever true?

2. groovydude49

groovydude49 Chieftain

For anyone else, I looked at the source code myself and figured it out. You have to open the "BBAI_Game_Options_GlobalDefines" file contained within the XML folder of the Assets folder. Within that file, scroll down to the last define, which should look like this:

<Define>
    <!-- Better BTS AI: Allows human player to offer themselves as vassal to an AI. The AI has been taught to value this appropriately. (Def: 0) -->
    <DefineName>BBAI_HUMAN_AS_VASSAL_OPTION</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

You need to change the <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal> to <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal> so that the end result is:

<Define>
    <!-- Better BTS AI: Allows human player to offer themselves as vassal to an AI. The AI has been taught to value this appropriately. (Def: 0) -->
    <DefineName>BBAI_HUMAN_AS_VASSAL_OPTION</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>