Vatican: It's ok to believe in aliens

What if the aliens are jewish? Will they still be made Christian?

Are you saying that the Aliens believe in the Jewish religion but are not Jews? Are you saying that the Jews are Aliens ? Or are you saying that Aliens are Jews ?

Any of the three scenarios is too hard for me to conceive .

The Vatican is always on about how were going to meet certain beings soon. They might just be right this time, in 500 years by which time their silly religon has turned to dust.
You do realize you sound like a complete ass right now, don't you?

The clarification in this belief could be for two audiences.
-Roman Catholics who think the Bible is indisputable (Don't know any)
-People who think Roman Catholics take the Bible for absolute truth

@Alpine: You don't have many posts.

The aliens are likely to have religions of their own.. They're going to be attempting to convert us.

And we them. At least, I am sure my religion will be. But hey, marketplace of ideas, right?

I can't wait for ET elders to knock on my doors. I wish Mormons the best luck converting aliens: bring more of them to us!

And then there is the possibility of the Aliens being of a higher intelligence form than Humans and as a result be atheists .... (Not to be taken in an insulting manner.).

I think I'm getting the picture in this thread.

I don't think you're getting the picture at all.

It's about time the Vatican stopped and closed its hypocritical and backward mouth. That the Vatican has any credibility is laughable considering, alone, the things that the Pontiff has said (or written) over the last hundred years. I am very much tired of the joke and very much tired of people and governments taking these superstitious and self-appeasing . .. .. .. .. . seriously.

It's okay to believe in aliens? It's okay to believe in god too, according to the pontiff. I sense a pattern.

Sooner if I can help it. They really think we're meeting aliens any time soon though? Whats the point in this message?

I'll do all in my power to stop you.

I'm not at all surprised the Catholic church takes this stance. They are actually very open-minded compared to some other Christian denominations. There was a time when they weren't, but it was a long time ago...

Catholics believe in science, in certain aspects of evolution, and don't take everything in the old testament literally, which is the text that contradicts science and that misguided fundamentalists take literally.

OK, so now the question is: When will there be first contact? And when they finally do arrive, will they show that Vulcan hand sign and be introduced to the joys of classic rock?

How come this isn't just "hedging your bets"? I mean, by allowing the prediction, you're never proven wrong.

Top Bottom