veBears Civs

Btw, you ran out of your beta civs
Any plans to continue?
If you need some ideas, I would like to see the Kingdom of Kongo
With the leaders as Nimi (founder of the kingdom and the first dinasty) and Nzinga a Nkuwu (Joao I) or his son Mvemba a Nzinga (Afonso I) to represent the Portuguese impact in the 15-16th century. IgorS made an LH based on this picture in the wiki article, but I'm not yet sure which leader it should represent. I think IgorS made him to be Joao, but Afonso is probably a better choice.
Nimi was used in Diplomacy by Capo, maybe even in Civ Gold. So you can easily get that LH too
You can even drop in Mobutu Sese Seko as a modern leader, there is a great LH for him in the database

Pretty :)
And I agree with cybrxkhan, I also like the idea of putting the civs to a real place in the world map
This adds great flavor to the previews! :goodjob:

That all depends on the size of the civ. You may have noticed that on the map for Dahomey, they barely fit into a map of Africa (the firaxis version, which btw sucks... that's why I made my own) :p

Btw, you ran out of your beta civs
Any plans to continue?
If you need some ideas, I would like to see the Kingdom of Kongo
With the leaders as Nimi (founder of the kingdom and the first dinasty) and Nzinga a Nkuwu (Joao I) or his son Mvemba a Nzinga (Afonso I) to represent the Portuguese impact in the 15-16th century. IgorS made an LH based on this picture in the wiki article, but I'm not yet sure which leader it should represent. I think IgorS made him to be Joao, but Afonso is probably a better choice.
Nimi was used in Diplomacy by Capo, maybe even in Civ Gold. So you can easily get that LH too
You can even drop in Mobutu Sese Seko as a modern leader, there is a great LH for him in the database

I actually planned to do them, as I can steal some ideas (pediatext... though I might use some other UU or UB... not sure yet) from here. Of course, I will make my own Version, but that's a good starting point. Have another map to finish first though. Remember the quote "Never fight a land war in Asia"? Well, myself I figured that was because of the large space of land there especially in the north... and let's just say that you're about to find out how it is :D

Edit: don't you just love the fact that the Free State of Congo was ruled by Leopold II of Belgium :lol:

That Khosrau - I mean Mithradates looks awfully familiar... :mischief:

On Kongo, I was actually planning to do an Afonso LH for my WoL's Kongo civ, but that wasn't going to happen for a while.

Neither of you like this LH of IgorS?
Spoiler :
I think it's fairly good

It's good, but I wanted to make my own Kongo LH too. :p

I think CFC could use more African LHs anyways, so might as well take time to make some more!

It's good... I'll use it ;)

I think CFC could use more African LHs anyways, so might as well take time to make some more!

I agree. I always find the lack of Middle Eastern and African LH's quite irritating.

Absinthe (or anyone else reading this, really), any suggestions for UU and UB? IDK if I will use Nimi as leader as there are almost no information on him. Afonso is in though ;)

Hello, do you prepare some modern units for Libyan mode? Maybe tanks and migs with Libyan camuflage, scuds (with reach 2-3 squeres), green infantry, civilians infantry, and more.. :)

Ya allah, ya Muammar, ya Libya wuez!

Hello, do you prepare some modern units for Libyan mode? Maybe tanks and migs with Libyan camuflage, scuds (with reach 2-3 squeres), green infantry, civilians infantry, and more.. :)

Ya allah, ya Muammar, ya Libya wuez!

No, won't happen because of these simple reasons:
1. Armies are less diverse nowdays than before
2. The size this would make the file
3. I have not time nor patience to do this

While I'm not sure if I will have time to upload it tomorrow, I finished Kongo today. I left Nimi and Joao out, but used Igor's LH as Afonso I as you suggested. I also added Mobutua and, for those who found enough cities, an easter egg ;)

At least it will bu up in the weekend. I already have plans for the next civ, so that's what I will be working on now.

Sounds great. I'll try to push Nader Shah aside for now so I'll start work on Afonso and the other generic African LH as soon as possible, so you can upload the second version of Kongo with two new leaders as Nimi and Joao or something.

EDIT: So then I can start my Kongo Civ of the Week (although I'd just be ripping off it from WoL) and the tentatively-named Shona civ.

No, won't happen because of these simple reasons:
1. Armies are less diverse nowdays than before
2. The size this would make the file
3. I have not time nor patience to do this

it's a pity :( btw exist some addon for SCUD? I don't see here, in downloads and topics.

I already have a Mutapa civ half-finished myself cybr. What do you say we cooperate on this one. I can even have a 2nd leader ready in no time (a MODERN one) ;).

Actually, here's what I got for them:
Spoiler :
Mutapa Empire
Mutapa
Mutapa
LH1: Matope (Imp, ???)
LH2: Khama (Cha, Fin)
UU: Rozwi Warrior (Pikeman)
- +100% vs Gunpowder
- +1 first strike
UB: Kraal (Granary)
- +2 :)
City List:
Zwongombe
Great Zimbabwe
Khami
Bulawayo
Mapungubwe
Sofala
Bambandyanalo
Danamombe
Ziwa
Inhambane
Bumbusi
Naletale
Karanga
Gwanda
Korekore
Ndau
Kiteve
Maxixe
Manyika
Zezuru
Chimoio
Madanda
Molepolole
Tavara
Chidzurgwe
Torwa
Tete
Sena
Kumakomoyo
Harahe
Gaborone
Kadoma
Nyangabgwe
Nyanga
Matobo
Ntsweng
Kanye
Serowe
Zeerust

I even have a civilopedia ready for Matope
Spoiler :
Matope was the second king of the Mutapa Empire, reigning from the death of his father (c. 1450) to probably early 16th century. During his reign, the kingdom drasticcaly extended its borders into an empire encompassing most of the lands between Tavara and the Indian Ocean. This again led to control of new areas where more resources could be exploited. Matope and his sucsessors soon grew rich on trade with copper from Chidzurgwe and ivory from the middle Zambezi.[PARAGRAPH:1]Matope also severly weakened the Torwa kingdom, the southern Shona state from which his dynasty originated. Matope's armies overran the kingdom of the Manyika as well as the coastal kingdoms of Kiteve and Madanda. By the time the Portuguese arrived on the coast of Mozambique, the Mutapa Kingdom was the premier Shona state in the region.[PARAGRAPH:1]

Alright, that's cool. The thing is though I wanted it to be a Shona or Zimbabwe civ, not a Mutapa civ, as to represent all the historical periods of that region.

Anyhow, here was what I had had planned for the Shona:

Shona

Matope (Expansive, Industrious) (Free Market)

Mapungubwe Elite (Maceman) +March, +10% withdrawal chance

Zimba (Castle) +25% culture

I actually found this totally awesome African maceman unit that someone made long ago (it's not downloadable anymore on the forums), so I wanted some kind of maceman replacement. I was also trying not to do a granary replacement because I have too many of those, and I almost have no castle replacements.

Anyhow, thoughts?

EDIT: ALso, I guess since I uploaded the Mamluks to my thread last time, you can upload these guys to your thread this time.

REMEMBER TO RATE GUYS!

Kingdom of Kongo
The Kingdom of Kongo was an African kingdom located in west central Africa in what are now northern Angola, southern Republic of the Congo, and the western portion of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. At its greatest extent, it reached from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to the Kwango River in the east, and from the Congo River in the north to the Kwanza River in the south. The kingdom consisted of several core provinces ruled by the Manikongo, the Portuguese version of the Kongo title 'Mwene Kongo', meaning lord or ruler of the Kongo kingdom, but its sphere of influence extended to neighbouring kingdoms, such as Ngoyo, Kakongo, Ndongo and Matamba.

LH1:
Nimi: (Aggressive/Expansive)
Spoiler :

LH2:
Afonso I: (Spiritual/Creative)
Spoiler :

LH3:
Mobutu: (Imperialistic/Charismatic)
Spoiler :

UU:
Pombos (replaces Knight) (it's a melee unit)
- Requires no Horse to be recruited
- Requires Iron Working and Guilds
- +50% vs Maceman
- -50& vs Pikeman
Spoiler :

UB:
Wene (replaces Colosseum)
- Only 60 :hammers:
- +1 :health:
Spoiler :

Install by putting into your:
Beyond the Sword/Mods/YOUR MOD NAME/Assets/Modules/CustomCivilizations

The picture of Alfonso is slightly outdated. His new favorite civic is Organized Religion as with the addition of Nimi this would be allowed to be put on him.

Have fun :p

Nice civ! I like the weird(er, relatively speaking) bonuses for the Pombos. Those kinds of things are really needed now, especially since we're running out of UU bonuses to give.

Anyhow, as stated in my PM, here is a pic of the African maceman I think will serve good as the UU art for Zimbabwe, regardless of historical accuracy or lack thereof:

Thoughts? (If my knowledge is correct, the original model was uploaded by Polycrates, but the download link was broken after that hack a while back; thankfully many of his units were saved by some mods like Diversica, where I got this one from)

Attachments

• ZULUSHAKASHONAZIMBABWE.jpg
    ZULUSHAKASHONAZIMBABWE.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 721
Both the civ and the unit looks awesome! :goodjob:

Yup, I gotta agree with absinthe on the unit. I sort of can't say anything about the civ yet though, as that will be bragging, so while I agree, I can't tell you guys :rolleyes:

I like the weird(er, relatively speaking) bonuses for the Pombos. Those kinds of things are really needed now, especially since we're running out of UU bonuses to give.

Well, it does replace knight, so it can't be weak against maceman, but it can't be strong against pikeman either, so basically I just kept the weaknesses and strenghts of a knight and put them on a melee unit. Pretty much the most simple unit I've made so far.

Top Bottom