veBears Civs

I tryed to download the Libya mod for like the whole afternoon, but im sure im doing something wrong. I created the custom civilizations folder and i put the mod in it but when i load up the mod on my game the Libya civ isn't anywhere. I am a noob at this, and i really want to donwload this mod. Please help, btw all your civs look really good. :lol:

Agentpopcorn

Have you turned the Modular Loading option on? When you first time load your mod, there will appear a .txt file in the Mod folder. Open that one and set ModularLoading to 1. I believe that should work ;)

If not, another mistake you may have done is to put it in the Custom Civilizations folder and not in the CustumCivilizations folder (there can not be any space in between those two words for the civ to load).

Hope this helps :)

Right well because im a newbie, i did neither :/ i will go try it out and tell you if it works :p

EDIT: [CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Libya

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod
I put the (1) in the right place right?
and the folder is now called (CustomCivilizations)
It still doesn't work... Can i replace another civ by Libya?
By the way, when i load up the mod it loads just fine, just the civ Libya is nowhere but everything esle works... Do i have have to put the libya mod in program files or in My documents?

Well, it should work now, I believe. You put Modular Loading in the right place. Give me the exact location of the folders. Might be something wrong there. If not, I really don't know what can be wrong at the moment :(

edit:
Good news is that there will soon be released a Libya mod that isn't a module merging mine and cybrxkhan's libya mods into one definitive one :)

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Civilizations\Assets\Modules\CustomCivilizations\Libya

The Loading thing is in the Libya.ini file, and the Libya.ini file is sitting in the Libya folder.

If this doesn't work out, could i replace another civ by the Libyan one??

edit: I tried putting the file is my games/ beyond the sword/ Mods/Civilizations/Assets/Modules/ CustomCivilizations

btw my assets and modules folders are empty... am i supposed to put something in them? I also tried putting a mod name just before the folder called "Civilizations".

The problem should be here:
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Civilizations\Assets\Modules\CustomCivi lizations\Libya
The space there need to be removed: CustomCivilizations. I believe that should be it. Another questioon, do you have the latest patch? If not, that might be the problem.

Both are fine... it isn't working. Oh Well, i guess i have to wait for the other thing you talked about, what is the difference between a mod and a module...?? And i have a question, where are the folders for the real civs? i can't seem to find em

Thanks

Anyone who could explain the difference between a mod and a module for me? I can't seem to find a good way to define the difference.

A mod is simply a modificaton of Civ4 in this case. A module is a modification that uses the Modular Loading System that came with BtS. Not all mods are modules (e.g. the Sevomod), but all modules are mods.

Thanks, glad there's someone her who's better at explaining things in a simpler way than me :)

Can anyone tell me where I could find the original civilizations in my folders? i lokk ed coudnt seem to find it.
and veBear coudn't i just replace say the Mali, with Libya?? An did i understand this right, a module is a part of a Mod??

Can anyone tell me where I could find the original civilizations in my folders? i lokk ed coudnt seem to find it.
and veBear coudn't i just replace say the Mali, with Libya?? An did i understand this right, a module is a part of a Mod??

The original civilizations are found in Programfiles/2k games/firaxis games/Beyond the Sword/Assets/Xml/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

This varies based on if you have Windows 7 or vista, also if you got BTS wit civ complete, theres an extra foulder in there called "Sid Meiers Civilization 4 Complete" in between Firaxis games and Beyond the sword.

As for replacing Mali, go to the Libya file, click on the CivilizationsInfos.xml around row 8 itll say:
<Type>CIVILIZATION_LIBYA</Type>

Replace with:
<Type>CIVILIZATION_MALI</Type>
And it will replace it

I tried the second part, it didn't seem to work...

When i went looking for the original civ files, the folder was empty.

My computer shows hidden folders and files

I tried the second part, it didn't seem to work...

When i went looking for the original civ files, the folder was empty.

My computer shows hidden folders and files

If you look in Documents/My games. Beyond the Sword/Assets thhen it isnt there. For my BTS atleast, theres two foders, one in documents and one in computer. Do the one in computer

Also it needs to say exactly:
CIVILIZATION_MALI
if it says that exactly it will work

I replaced LIBYA with MALI. but **** it doesnt work... but i found the other civs files, i first had to go through application data...

Can i go into the original files and just take Libya civ info and paste it in there?

I replaced LIBYA with MALI. but **** it doesnt work... but i found the other civs files, i first had to go through application data...

Can i go into the original files and just take Libya civ info and paste it in there?

Yes you could, you could also just remove the mali files and just keep libya were it is... or just play wit both of them since they arent the same civ

You're not replacing the original gamefiles now, are you? If you are then you SHOULD reinstall the game.

good... phew, I got a bit nervous there :)

Top Bottom