veBear's maps

New map posted! Yes, it is of the same sea as the last one, but this one is smaller and consists of a larger area.
Enjoy :king:

P.S.
I will not have the time to create new maps in the next seven days, as I will next wednesday have a exam in English, and as you see on how i write wednesday, i propably need some practice :p

You should maybe read a bit more here to get more practice :D.

The new map could even fit better to my needs :).

I took a look at the mediterranean map, and it seems, that you forgot to add the team entries in the .wbs file with the random civs. This will not allow you to play it via custom scenario. A bit strange.
I've started a game with that, but had to restart because the random resource distribution was horrible :/. If then just kicked out the civs from the preset map and played with that.
Was a nice game, but starting with Perikles directly on a stone resource in northern italy was not good :mischief:. Ended the game when Quin (Spain) and Bismark (France) declared war on me, because i didn't have enough troops, because i've built too many wonders.

I might create you a map with preset resources, but that will have to wait for now.
And that team-thing in the .wbs file should not really be a problem. The Europe map that ships with the game does not use this either.

Hey The_J, I wonder if you could do some marvelous python and create some magic that makes it so you can connect two city names, so if you have a city in two different city lists, both based in the civs native language (for example Córduba for the Spanish city list and Qurtuba in Cordobian (the Caliphate)), only one of these cities will be founded (The first civ get the city in their native language). So if the Cordobians appear on the map, they will found Qurtuba as their capital and the spanish will not be able to found Córduba, but if they are not present, the Spanish will found the city in its spanish name when it appears on their city list.

I guess this could lead to a conflict between the capital of the byzantines and the ottomans :D.
:think: not sure.
Can be. It depends, how the auto-suggestions from the game work.
It could be, that if i force another name for the city instead (or try to skip it), the game will alwasy suggest Cordoba as the next city name.
-> no idea about that :dunno:.
Is not a job for 5 minutes, and i've promised to work on my own mod before, so i can't try that in the next time.

veBear, again, congrats to your maps:thumbsup:! I had a lot of fun adapting your Central Mediterranean one for Pie's Ancient Europe. It turned out to be a little to sized, though, for I settled 16 peoples like Etruscans, Samnites, Bruttians and whatnot, and still they had plenty of room to develop peacefully. And I learned that it takes many more modding skills that I'm in lack of:crazyeye: to make the adapted map a fun modmod. Because I couldn't find the time to push it a bit more forward, I posted it here in a very early stage, with the secondary thought, somebody else might want to use it for a scenario, or something. Check it out, if you like.

First I'm glad you liked the map and I will try your scenario. Second I will ask you to check out one of the earliest Civ4 mods on the forum, the TAM. Personally prefer that one over Pie's Ancient Europe, but now as someone have made a scenario using one of my maps, guess i will have to check it out ;)

Just thought i should post an update on how my next masp are going. Firstly, my Europe map will be released as soon as I have added reasources to it. Then... anyone who remember my Central Med map? Here is a priewiew pick of a roughly finished part two, Eastern Mediterranean :D

Edit: Picture removed

Now how did I not check this thread out earlier? Your maps look excellent, and I just downloaded your central Mediterranean one. I'm going to make a little scenario with Greece, Rome, Carthage, and Pergamon (a custom civ in my mod).

Just a tip: Add macedon, or the Greecs might get a problem with barbs running out from the north ;)

Second I will ask you to check out one of the earliest Civ4 mods on the forum, the TAM.

Too bad, there isn't a BTS-version for us mac players, yet. I'm sure, TAM has got some considerable tweaks over the years since I've played the Vanilla and Warlords version (and loved it). But PAE has certainly some strong features (ranged combat, i.e. no suicide cats, cultural boarder change resulting from combat outcome, daring new revolting and mutiny features, a very unique "atmosphere", and much more).

Meanwhile, I also adapted your smaller Mediterranean for a private modmod of PAE with all the civs I had to add to populize your immensly huge and therefore quite peaceful and empty Central Mediterranean – settled in many cases very close to each other: Epirus, Illyrians, Thrace, Sparta, Thebes, Lucans, Bruttians, Samnites, Etruscans, etc.. Loads of fun!

So, if there wasn't this cap of an 18 civs maximum for macs (because mac compatibility requires an unaltered dll), I would either from you or Jabarto request an ultimate Giant Mediterranean map. Well, maybe this will be happening after Civ V:).

Sure i can make you a giant med map. I only have to finish my Europe, East med, Upcoming West Med and Upcoming Levanth.

Sure i can make you a giant med map. I only have to finish my Europe, East med, Upcoming West Med and Upcoming Levanth.

:) I know you can, but the thing is, on a giant map many more civs (than 18) would be needed, in order to have them fight hard about resources and best settlement locations. Otherwise, they just have plenty of time to expand and develop peacefully and there wouldn't be much going on in the early stages of the game. That's why I mentioned the 18 civs cap for mac users. In other words, I couldn't get any fun out of a giant map until Civ V (hopefully), but the greater community, of course, could. So, count me in only as a downloader and critic of a Giant Mediterranean Ultimate.

I'll finish my four-part med pack first then (Firtile Crescent included (Levanth)) ;)

Next part of my Med-sea-in-four-parts mappack released here!
Se post or download page for details :king:

What about a Standard Earth 1000 AD for BTS, with 18 civs and some barbarians citoes you coul fill the map with any civs not usually used in these 1000 AD things...

What about converting your Small Earth 1000 AD with 18 civs ?

What about a Standard Earth 1000 AD for BTS, with 18 civs and some barbarians citoes you coul fill the map with any civs not usually used in these 1000 AD things...

What about converting your Small Earth 1000 AD with 18 civs ?

1000 AD map for BTS?... no bad idea. I shall do it after a while i have finished some a couple of other maps (such as my now about half-finished west med, soon to be-started-on levanth/fertile crescent map and my soon to be-started-on huge med map)

Top Bottom