veBear's maps

Of course, though only if you add one more 'region', the Nidaros region. They should be placed on a tile south of the fjord up in the northern part of norway ;)

Very nice veBear.:goodjob: Any hint on what's to come next?

As soon as I stop being lazy and tired, I will place some rivers on my West Med map... I need a coffee :coffee:

veBear, I adapted your smaller Mediterranean one for Pie's Ancient Europe, too, antiquified the ressources, put some new civs in and a bunch of units, and I'm happy, how perfectly well it's working with the mod.

However, the huge Central Mediterranean is a beauty – but very hard to get it interesting because of the size and therefore lack of fighting for settlement space. I started to give ships 3 movement, then 6, triremes 9. Most land units get plus 1 movement, and still the Forum Romanum is bulit faster than a merchant vessel arrives in Carthago. Here is the link, if you want to see what became of your map.

While I do not play Pie's (think it is too restricting) it is good to hear that you liked the maps. I would advice you to check out The Ancient Mediterranean mod, also known as TAM, a mod about the ancient Med out since vanilla civ. It is a mod with much less restricting features.

How do i install those maps in use?

Go to Program Files/(2k Games)/Firaxis Games/Beyond the Sword and put in the Public Maps folder. Then you will find them with the other deafult scenarios in game. Enjoy :king:

two thumbs up!! awesome maps!

Exactly. Did I mention before that I like your maps?

Oh you don't have to download the 100 MB modmod of mine just to have a look. Go here and here, more screens will be added. The ones you see, aren't there to focus on the (fantastic) looks of the map, though, but it shows and the creator will recognize it:). I only made the Southern European tiles a little drier to balance out the amounts of food ressources, since I made only minor changes to Pie's quite well researched ressources distribution. And I enlarged Greece, also for balance reasons. Screenshot later.

About the restrictiveness in PAE, if I may say that here a little off topic, maybe the future lies in an all-features-optional version. Like in A New Dawn.

That might be an idea to check out ;)

Edit:
Oh, and your screenies look nice :D

I wonder if anyone will volunteer to test my upcoming scenario? It is included under here, but I think it needs playtesting before I release it. It is basically the same as 1000 AD except this one is in 500 AD. For anyone, who wants a hard game, try the Mayans :D

What about some fictive worlds ?

All with random civs because playability with mods

You could create different worlds all interesting for different strategy purpose...

Like a small 10000 BC world type...

Like a small flat world with certain types of ressources only available in certain regions

Like a small world as interesting as Ban Tasi but with more personality and seeming real...

One map (500 AD) will soon be officially released and the west med is mostly finished while a 750 AD is in process. Will afterwards create more maps for Civ V and maybe make some improvements on the already excisting scenarios for Capo's upcoming DiploII.

I decided to finish the West med. There are a lot of river placing to be done, but apart from that, there is little work. Will try to finish this week and then also uplaod 500 AD officially. Any comments on the version I uploaded earlier? Any suggestions of improvements? It was a beta, so I would be glad to hear some comments before the initial version :p

West med is finished, and I plan to release it in the weekend. Also still wondering if anyone have any comments on the 500 AD map.

See second post for a small update ;)

Hey veBear, I was thinking of creating a few mini-scenarios for Diplomacy II and I was wondering if you would be interested in being the map-maker for them. They would all be small maps, so hopefully it wouldn't be too complicated. If you are interested let me know and I'll PM you some details.

Of course I could ;)

Top Bottom