veBear's Units

veBear

Slumerican Citizen
Here's where I plan to gather all the units I release, which I will create mostly for me and myself, creating exactly what I want to create.

Unit Library: (Listed after Culture, again listed Alphabetically)
Brazil
Renaissance Untis (Bandeirantes)
Industrial Units
Modern Units
Spoiler :
Renaissance:

Industrial:

Modern:

Greco-Roman
Generic Greco-Roman Spearman
Generic Greco-Roman Swordsman
Generic Greco-Roman Crossbowman
Spoiler :
Generic Greco-Roman Spearman:

Generic Greco-Roman Swordsman:

Generic Greco-Roman Crossbowman:

Malta
Renaissance Units (Maltese Order)
Spoiler :
Renaissance:

Meso-America
Mesoamerican Religion Missionary
Spoiler :
Missionary:

Phoenicia
The Capo Made a great Ancient Phoenicians pack a while ago. DL and you have an almost compleate set of Phoenician units. I COMMAND YOU!
Middle Age Units (County of Tripoli)
Spoiler :
Medieval:

Zulu
Dingiswayo of Mtetwa (Medieval Warlord)
Generic African Chariot
Generic African Explorer
Generic African Swordsman
Spoiler :
Dingiswayo of Mtetwa (Medieval Warlord):

Generic African Chariot:

Generic African Explorer:

Generic African Swordsman:

Other packs
Southern African Unit Art (For Zulu and other Southern African Civs)

Reserved for future posts.

Beautiful units, it will fill some gaps for me, probably all of them.

you know what would be cool - and I think you could do it - instead of a war elephant have a War Rhino. Probably just some tweaking of the model. The size issue probably can be dealt with by enlarging the rider then reducing the unit scale so it fits to a large rhino. I think it would be a real cool flavor unit.

Beautiful units, it will fill some gaps for me, probably all of them.

Thanks, glad you like them :)

you know what would be cool - and I think you could do it - instead of a war elephant have a War Rhino. Probably just some tweaking of the model. The size issue probably can be dealt with by enlarging the rider then reducing the unit scale so it fits to a large rhino. I think it would be a real cool flavor unit.

Haha, you know what, I'm going to try that :lol:

Great units, the syncronization between me working back at the mod, and you releaseing a Tripoli inspired pack is :crazyeye::wow: . I was just looking yesterday at Princ of Antioch and thinking im missing some arts for some units and today i came to forum through a coincidence. Again great work, and arrived at the right time for me :D

Great units, the syncronization between me working back at the mod, and you releaseing a Tripoli inspired pack is :crazyeye::wow: . I was just looking yesterday at Princ of Antioch and thinking im missing some arts for some units and today i came to forum through a coincidence. Again great work, and arrived at the right time for me :D

Thanks. Glad you find use for them :)

Looks awesome :thumbsup:.

Thanks to both of you :)

Spoiler :
Anyway, due to certain criticism and my own desire to allow people more freedom to choose, there will be released a second Renaissance pack for Phoenicians. These will use this as base picture:
Spoiler :

It will focus on the Shihab Lebanon and therefore will include a mix of European-Ottoman culture (the Shihabs tried to Westernize Lebanon, particulary by introducing French culture). I plan to finish a whole set of Phoenician Units.

Industrial units will be inspired by the pictures in the Spoiler below. They represent the period of French Mandate.
Spoiler :

And the modern units.... Just for fun, I though using the Hezbollah militant group for inspiration so we could have a great Palestine-Israeli showdown in the Middle East in civ too :D

Actually, I'm not gonna lie to you. The reason why I chose the Maltese Order was because I love the Maltese culture and population. I've been there and I loved the place. That's why. Not really because it would be historically accurate, but because I like to think it would be :crazyeye:

Thanks for making these units. But I believe that the Phoenician middle age knight is missing his shield texture (Shield_Icon_32.dds)

^Well, I believe that part doesn't have any texture, but rather the flag-symbol of your civ, which is why it looks blank in Nifskope. Test it in game and tell me if it doesn't work then :)

Edit:
New Medieval Warlord, link in first post

These look really great, but look is the keyword. I don't think you should call them Zulu mainly because they don't look very Zulu. I'm kinda drunk and don't feel like rambling on, but generally speaking the Zulu wore their hair short as far as I know and were bearded (if they could be) for the most part. Not to mention the clothing just looks really generic rather than specifically Zulu.

Having said all of that, these two Zulu units should be used as a generic sub-saharan set.

^They're meant as generic southern african, but thanks for comments. Will have that in mind now :thumbsup:

One thing though... Tuesday, isn't Friday a better day to be a bit... wel, say, intoxicated ;)

(the drunk capo posts... capo is back :) )

Edit:
You know what, you're right. I'll give them a beard and have a look at the clothing :)
However, I can't remove the long hair, as that is currently out of my skill level.

However, I can't remove the long hair, as that is currently out of my skill level.

I call BS. You can just cut the head off and add another head. i know you can do that. If theere is a hole in the back you can just copy the closest vertice and realign it. I know you can do that stuff.

Top Bottom