1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarianism

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by I am the Future, Apr 26, 2006.

?

What is your oppinion on Vegetarianism?

1. I am Vegetarian, so I am for it.

7.7%
  2. Vegetarian but indifferent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. For but not a vegetarian.

16.3%
  4. Indifferent and not a vegetarian.

52.9%
  5. Against and not a vegetarian.

23.1%
  1. I am the Future

I am the Future Oi Oi Oi !!!

So, after recently decideng to go Lacto-ovlo Vegetarian I was curious what the Ot community thought on the subject. So, on your marks, get set, POST!!!

Edit
    Sorry the last option is kinda confuseing, it should say Against and not a vegetarian.

2. Sanaz

Sanaz Gorilla Joe

It's personal, everyone's different, try it and see if you like it. I still like eating a lot of vegetarian, although we started eating fish/poultry when our kid started eating. I'm not convinced vegetarian is good for kids who are still growing, even though I was a healthy vegetarian for most of my adult life. Listen to your body and cravings, be honest with yourself, and make logical choices, not emotional ones.

3. A'AbarachAmadan

A'AbarachAmadan Deity

I don't care what others do, but I am VERY against it for me.

4. Irish Caesar

Irish Caesar Yellow Jacket

Well, as I happen to enjoy eating meat, I prefer others do the same lest places stop supplying it.

Edit: more deer hunting would also be a good thing for the environment.

5. ybbor

ybbor Will not change his avata

I think they have a noble cause, and I can see why they're doing it. I think it's a great thing if you can pull it off, but personally I don't believe strongly in it enough to overcome what seems like a massive inconvenience (especially if you like to eat out). I would be in support however of a society that frowns on eating meat, and makes it easy to be a vegetarian.

But like I said, I eat out a lot (and hence would never get my daily recommended supply of protein), and don't have a strong passion for it, so I eat meat and really don't give it a second thought.

6. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

for every animal you dont eat, I'm going to eat 3!!!

7. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Indifferent.

8. Taliesin

Taliesin Puttin' on the Ritz

I think it's personally commendable, and it would be ecologically healthy for large portions of society to become vegetarian, given the grain and water costs of raising meat. However, I do not plan to become vegetarian, for aesthetic, nutritional, and pragmatic reasons.

9. jonatas

jonatas tropicalista

Vegetarian food can be good, but I've found two negative things in some of the vegetarians I've met: 1) They can develop a holier than thou attitude which is offputting. 2) They're skinny and weak, both undesirable traits from my perspective.

So I'm not a big fan of vegetarianism.

10. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I support it (am vegan).

But I rarely, if ever, talk about it in real life unless someone asks me. Actually, same on the internet.

I believe it is a good cause and completely feasable for anyone, except maybe an Eskimo.

I'll happily field any questions anyone has. :)

11. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

I respect those who choose veganism for whatever reasons they choose. Until I find out that my consumption of meat is threatening the lives of that particular species of animal, the ecosystem in part or whole, or the the planet in part or whole, I will continue to eat meat.

12. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

How do you live?:eek:

Were you ever not a vegan? How long have you been one? What made you change? Can you see yourself losing your vegan status in the future?

13. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

I'm vegetarian, though I do eat fish (try living in Japan without eating fish - impossible!). I see it as a purely personal decision and I would never presume to tell anyone else what to eat.

In my experience for every preachy vegetarian there are 10 arrogant meat-eaters who take the existence of vegetarians as a mortal affront to their right to eat meat. Not to mention the millions of people who think it's hilarious to offer me a hamburger. Never heard that one before :cringe: .

14. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Indifferent; I had Akaushi beef for lunch today.

15. capslock

capslock Emperor

The only vegitarian I know is a girl. And she is kind of an irratating *****.

There is nothing noble about not eating animals, and not eating meat doesn't make you any healthier. IMO its just stupid. Whatever floats your boat though, I won't bug you about it if you don't bug me.

edit: try eating out with a couple of picky, vegitarian, women. It can be quite frustrating.

16. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Against!

I had chicken and beef today. It was delicious, as always.

17. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

OK stupid.

18. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

Thou im not a vegeterian, i think its good to eat more vegetables than meat, a diet of 70% veggie and 30% meat sounds nice to me.

19. capslock

capslock Emperor

Hey he asked what we think. And personally, I don't see any reason to ever give up meat, ie) its stupid, IMO. If you dissagree, thats your business. I wasn't calling anyone stupid, just giving my opinion of the practice.

BTW, would you like a hamburger? I like mine rare, with bacon, sounds good don't it?

20. Tenochtitlan

Tenochtitlan Supreme Commander

Ofcourse no one is going to vote option #2!