Vel's SMAX Guide

Treedweller

Chieftain
I've been looking for an electronic copy of Vel's SMAX Guide because I heard that he released 4.0 on the net, but I can't find it anywhere. Every source I've checked is either down or 12 years out of date.

Can anyone direct me to it? I recently got SMAC from GOG, and I'm itching to try it out with his guide's help. I heard that it's one of the best game guides ever written, and applicable to more than SMAX, so it'd be great to get ahold of it. Thanks in advance, guys!

You can find Vel's Guide at WePlayCiv. Warning: Some browsers (such as Firefox) may generate a warning from Google that WePlayCiv is an attack site that might harm your computer. The site admins advise that WePlayCiv is safe (and I haven't had any problems from visiting there), but be warned.

Thanks, Petek! This looks great. And yeah, my browser warned me about this site, but I think it'll be fine.

No chance of an easily consultable PDF somewhere? Just in case I'd like to consult it offline. I could always copy-paste and make my own, but it'd be nice if one was out there.

Before Vel released the guide on WPC, it was published both in a paper version and as a pdf ebook. You might be able to find a cheap used version of the paper version somewhere. The ebook required a special version of Acrobat, so I doubt that it's still available. Probably easier just to make your own copy.

Top Bottom