VEM with CivWillard/Info Addict?

Grunthex

Prince
Ok, I'm pretty sure this should be possible. Heck, the Let's play on Youtube specifically included those 2 mods. But darned if I can get them to work.

I had a full clean install of Civ5. Grabbed v118 from Thal's site, plopped it in the mods directory, installed it. Downloaded the 2 additional mods from the browser, installed them. Made sure all 3 were checked.

The VEM works fine. But I get no Willard/Addict options. Can anyone straighten me out? Bonus points if I can fix them into the middle of a game that currently isn't using them.

Hi Grunthex.
They do work together very well and many people use them together. VEM has a checklist:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10901714#post10901714

Main thing is to delete the cache and moduserdata folders and then begin the installation of your mods. You can't add IAddict or CWill half way through a game.

Cheers

I followed all that, which is why I'm going insane. Do I need to delete the cache/moduserdata folders between the installation of each mod? Or every time I start a new game?

Last question, when the checklist talks about mod loading order, does that matter in the case of these 3 mods (which are the only 3 I have?). I'm willing to try reinstalling everything AGAIN to get it all working, just don't want to try half a dozen different combinations of things.

Have you tried CivWillard and InfoAddict alone to see if they work without VEM?

They all play nice with each other for me, with the exception of yields from Open Borders treaties, Research Agreements, etc., which don't show up in InfoAddict's stats. I assume that can't be helped though.

Grunthex the cache/moduserdata needs to be only cleared when you first setup your mods. Then play a game. If there is an update to a mod or a new mod, then do another cache/moduserdata clearing. You don't have to do it during the game on that mod combination. Wobuffet's idea is good. Try CivW and Iaddict without VEM and see how that goes.
Cheers

I deleted the cache once more AFTER installing everything, and it seems to be working now. I'm just gonna blame Firaxis, and enjoy it for now. :)

Thal can you clarify what portions, if any of Infoaddict and Civwillard are now included in VEM and/or CiVUP?
I thought I read somewhere that you added some components

Thal can you clarify what portions, if any of Infoaddict and Civwillard are now included in VEM and/or CiVUP?
I thought I read somewhere that you added some components

They're both compatible addons. Nothing from them is included unless you install and enable them independently.

The GotVEM automatically includes and enables at least InfoAddict though.

I planned on including some basics from those mods into CiVUP. I like the fundamentals of each mod and feel it's invaluable. For example, the trade screen of CivWillard that shows all leaders and what they can trade in a concise table. On the other hand, I think that 90% of the stuff those mods offer isn't particularly useful... had a lot of scope creep. I never had the time to include that 10% in this mod though... and since it works okay separately, it's not a high priority. :)

I planned on including some basics from those mods into CiVUP. I like the fundamentals of each mod and feel it's invaluable. For example, the trade screen of CivWillard that shows all leaders and what they can trade in a concise table. On the other hand, I think that 90% of the stuff those mods offer isn't particularly useful... had a lot of scope creep. I never had the time to include that 10% in this mod though... and since it works okay desperately, it's not a high priority. :)

That makes sense I thought I read you say something along those lines.
I also agree I only use a portion of the mods (altho that portion is awesome)

Top Bottom