Venezia City Change?

That is simple enough to fix and I will do it.

sounds like several new things to look forward to in the coming betas :)
appreciate the effort

btw. should England and France be at war when England spawns or DOW after the French cities spawn?(giving free units)

btw. should England and France be at war when England spawns or DOW after the French cities spawn?(giving free units)

You mean flip?

It looks better if they start at war and declaration on flip is much less likely.

We could do a Turkish thing and give England some defending units in Normandy to help fend off an initial attack (like the Ottomans get units on the Balkans).

umm, yeah flip

I'm not sure what kind of defence againt Knights you have in mind :)
Some UU's ? :D
Those two cities are worthless anyway, poor production in both and once France culture pushes a little, they both lose critical resources.

I'm just curious since both situations occur and I remember it happening occasionally in rfc600

For Portugal, I was also thinking on updating the world map
The most notable difference is that I would like to add Porto as an Indy city a few turns before the portuguese spawn, and it will flip to them. Another fix city will greatly help AI city placement
Btw, a little closer city placing should be allowed for Portugal, it is good for gameplay, and it's already set up this way in the python too.
I would like to see at least 3, sometimes even 4 cities there
I was thinking of moving their UB earlier, and adding either food or production bonus to it to balace out the closeness of their cities
Will upload a pic soon

Portugal should settle North Africa and the Azores too. There are couple of good spots there, so keep that in mind (now the AI is incompetent, but I think we can work on that).

While checking maps of Portugal, i realized how strange is the west coastline of Iberia ATM
It's strange even with the fact that it is intentionally not parallel with the Y axis (the whole Iberian peninsula is "crooked" to represent the monographic projection of Earth)
So I couldn't resist to make a few changes to the coastline too
The side-result is 3 perfect city-sites for Portugal ;)

As I said in my last post, Porto should appaer as an indy city around the spanish spawn. This will prevent them from ruining the portugal start, and encourage them to settle La Coruna more often.
If they conquer Porto, it will flip to Portugal anyway, so they won't hold it for long anyway.
Another note that Lisboa should be moved to this spot, because it is on this side of the Tejo river. With some tiles moved the river got shorter with one tile too
What do you guys think?
Spoiler :

EDIT: A spot NE from Faro is also a very good city spot. Actually much better, if the player manages to culture push those tiles from Sevilla. On the other side it steals production from Lisboa too, thus can seriously damage your wonder and project building plans. Of course you don't get the whale either
So don't move the timber, this leaves a little variety in city placement

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 209
This was noted very early on. We had a large group of testers from Spain and we ended up leaving it as is. I am disinclined to move the peninsula.

We can play around with the resources and AI.

I don't want to move the peninsula, just a few spots on the west coastline
For me it looks more realistic this way
Check it ingame before you decide...

Top Bottom