Venezia (Venice) (BtS 3.19)

kochman

Deity
V1.1: Fixed Buttons
V1.2: Fixed Buttons
V1.3: Fixed Buttons
V1.4: Added better Arsenal Art
V1.5: Fixed Arsenal Art to be on coast, and smaller; change xml to allow +100% naval production
V1.6: Added French Translation, rescaled Galleas size

BtS 3.19

LH - Enrico Dandolo (FIN; ORG)
UB - Arsenal (replaces harbor; builds naval units 100% faster)
Palazzo Ducale (palace; strictly an art change, no extra benefits)
UU - Galleas (trireme; can carry 1 special unit; +50% vs Trireme & galley; can bombard 4%/turn; starts with Combat 1... NOTE: May not be to scale in game, need to adjust this)

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13336
Venezia - Repubblica Serenissima (Venice - Most Serene Republic) Civ

Credits: MANY... the following (and I probably will forget someone, I apologize in advance) either helped me learn coding, etc or were victims of flagrant art theft by me...
Aegnor; Teg_Navanis; Phungus420; The_J; Chamaedrys; Aranor; Ekmek; Flying Pig; The Capo; woodelf; CRoland; Wyz_sub10; strategyonly; zerver; IgorS; esnaz; Amra; cfkane; avain; cool3a2; Flintlock1415; TheLastOne36; RulerOfDaPeople; Iloveplayciv; Bakuel; Freya; nutnut; HROCHland...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download and unzip mod
2) Create the following directory and place mod in this directory:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/Assets/Modules
3) Copy and paste a .ini file from any other mod, and place it in:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/
4) Rename .ini file Extra Civs.ini*
5) Open the .ini file and replace the XML code with the following code:

Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Extra Civs

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod
6) Start Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword, at main menu select Advanced>Load a Mod
7) Extra Civs* should be an option, select this mod, then select "Go" and the mod should load

* You can actually name this mod whatever you want, but whatever it is, make sure the .ini file has the same name.

Note: You can put more than one mod into the folder, and you only need to do steps 1 & 2 for each additional mod after the first one.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 710
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 760
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 671
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 695
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,015
FYI... I will be adding another LH at some point. I have been wrestling over which Doge to use...

It may be a while...
I am wrestling with making a still LH for the other Doge, and if someone ever animates, I will upgrade of course. I already picked out the leader (Loredan).

put it in the leaderhead request thread. People will get to making it animated eventually. Same with all the leaders you will need.

Than we will just have to wait for The Capo and Ekmek to start producing again. I got a few request's coming up myself.

I'll make a Cavour for you once I get back to making LHs again. It may not be for a while though because I'm making a mod.

I'll make a Cavour for you once I get back to making LHs again. It may not be for a while though because I'm making a mod.

That's fine. :) I was debating whether to put in Italy, or alternatively Milan, Venice and Napoli(and maybe Papal States, or renamed one as Umbria) in my mod. If you make him i'll split Italy. :)

The waiting is fine, Diplomacy Modpack is priority. :)

That's fine. :) I was debating whether to put in Italy, or alternatively Milan, Venice and Napoli(and maybe Papal States, or renamed one as Umbria) in my mod. If you make him i'll split Italy. :)

The waiting is fine, Diplomacy Modpack is priority. :)
You guys are great.

Here are some pics of Cavour:
Spoiler :

Any suggestions for him? He seems interesting, I might make him, since Capo will be busy for a while.

Well in my mod (and first the Europe II module pack) Italy is one civ, and I'll probably wind up using Cavour after I make him to be the fourth leader (Mussolini, Lorenzo d'Medici and Garibaldi are the other three). I am not AGAINST making multiple Italian civs for any reason, I just didn't happen to do that. The Papal States will be a new civ too, but all of the extra modular civs will be created/updated (depending on if I have already made them or not, I have over thirty ready to be upgraded).

I was going to use dutchking's Benjamin Franklin as a base;

Spoiler :

I'll probably add Caesar's hair and Hannibal's beard thing on the bottom. I think that should be fine. Maybe Lincoln's suit, but I might leave it at this. The problem is getting dutchking's Franklin.

Well in my mod (and first the Europe II module pack) Italy is one civ, and I'll probably wind up using Cavour after I make him to be the fourth leader (Mussolini, Lorenzo d'Medici and Garibaldi are the other three). I am not AGAINST making multiple Italian civs for any reason, I just didn't happen to do that. The Papal States will be a new civ too, but all of the extra modular civs will be created/updated (depending on if I have already made them or not, I have over thirty ready to be upgraded).

I could make them for you (the XML part) to save you the time, so all would be needed will be the leaderheads and any music.

I would be happy to assist with any XML coding any of you guys need (for leaderheads other than those I am hoping for too, for that matter).

Don't hold your breath, it will probably be around a month before I'm finished with Cavour. Just so you know.

You think its a good base though right? I think it should look pretty close to him with all of those changes I've suggested.

Don't hold your breath, it will probably be around a month before I'm finished with Cavour. Just so you know.

You think its a good base though right? I think it should look pretty close to him with all of those changes I've suggested.

Don't worry... if I held my breath, I couldn't be drinking right now. So...

As for the base, yeah, its perfect (I mean, I don't know what exactly you guys do). It looks like the main thing would be changing the hair color and subtle features... that B Franklin is practically perfect.
Let me know if and when you need the xml... I already have it (other than the artdefines obviously).

looking again at the suit, its perfect too really... just change the color and add some fancy medal or something...

Unfortunately we don't have access to it. DK isn't on much anymore and he never posted it.

Top Bottom