Venice AI anomaly...

rodrigoq

Warlord
So, I think I found a way to completely cripple Venice AI without any hostile actions. Infact, it's the total opposite. In my current game, I am allied with every CS, DoF with Venice, and I'm sheltering him with a defensive pact(he pays for my armies with his economy) Venice doesn't use it;s MoV;s on the allied CS's. He hasn't touched a CS since I forgot to scoop one up ages ago, literally ages ago. To make up for this, I gave my little buddy a few captured cities.. and he razed them!

This is a diety/large/pangea/10 civ, 24 CS

To be fair, once you have allied every CS in the world, it's likely just a matter of time before you achieve a formal victory condition.

Diplo win is cheap, I never use it, even if active. Every CS is pretty easy to do by early ren era. First 3 patronage, get sci from CS.. Complete quests, fill up influnce, capitalize on investment quests. Kicker is if you have religion, and can keep the CS as your religion to further reduce influence decay. I pledge to protect every Cs anyway, just to give the AI a reason to hate me and level my units up.

Venice AI is stupid though.. wish we had vassals in civ V..

Diplo win is cheap, I never use it, even if active. Every CS is pretty easy to do by early ren era. First 3 patronage, get sci from CS.. Complete quests, fill up influnce, capitalize on investment quests. Kicker is if you have religion, and can keep the CS as your religion to further reduce influence decay. I pledge to protect every Cs anyway, just to give the AI a reason to hate me and level my units up.

Venice AI is stupid though.. wish we had vassals in civ V..

Heh, maybe not every CS...

I just played a game where poor poor Lhasa was caught between the titanic struggle of England and Mongolia. For perhaps a thousand years, every turn Mongolia would capture the city and puppet it, and without fail England would capture and liberate it the following turn. When they finally agreed to peace England had over 800 influence with Lhasa.:eek:

That would be a nightmare.. But I could bankroll that.. and spam it with spies. In my current game ormus is standing at 500+ influence because Ormus didn't know how to move a worker safely while I was beating down Shaka early in my game. I release worker, it moves, gets capyured, i kill shakas unit, release, ormus does it again, and again, and again. I was tempted to keep it after the 7 or 8th time, just because it was annoying me to recap the worker.

I don't understand... I thought the MoV can steal your allied CS from you at anytime.

So why would Enrico not use his MoV to steal your CS? :confused:

I don't understand... I thought the MoV can steal your allied CS from you at anytime.

It seems to be a bug in the software... or maybe it's intended. When Enrico takes a city-state that has no allies it is treated like building a new civilization (or building a new civilization close to an opponent who will take notice).

If a city-state is allied taking over a city-state is treated as conquering a city-state, which immediately makes you look bad in the eyes of all other nations.

I've noticed in my many plays against Enrico that he will actually just have his Merchants of Venice just sit around idling with troops on top of them because he is so terrified of upsetting me.

Wait, converting a CS to your religion slows influence decay?

Wait, converting a CS to your religion slows influence decay?

Be Greece, convert city states to your religion. Then it completely stops influence decay.

Because he likes you and knows those CS mean something to you. Or, more likely, puppeting those CS wouldn't get him anything he wants. I've seen him send MoVs to CS I was allied with and use them to make gold, and he was my friend ALL game. I liberated his capital, even.

Top Bottom