Venice: The Most Serene Republic

Really cool addition, unique abilities married with historical accuracy. Still, I miss the arsenal as the unique building for Venice.

Dunno if I got the old version or something, but I downloaded it this afternoon, and the Doge's palace only gives +2 defence, no science or anything. 42 turns for pottery.

Also, it comes up with TXT_KEY_DOGE_PALACE or something for the description

@Ikael: Glad you like it; that's because the Arsenal is already a building in the game.

@Pouakai: Known issue, will be fixed soon.

Well, I meant THE arsenal, the quasi - legendary Venetian shipping yards able to mass produce vessels in an assembly line fashion.

I know what you mean. Maybe if someone ever puts up a mod adding a third UU/UB to all civs, I'd add it ;)

I was wondering something. A big stumbling block in my own Venetian civilization was picking a suitable leader. Why did you pick the one you did, and are there any others in Venetian history that would be suitable?

Neato. Love that the idea of unique palaces and free buildings is seeing some use. Course FFH came up with it first, so credit where credit is due ;). By the way, your code for the yeilds is still wrong. You need to change this:

Spoiler :
Code:
	<Building_YieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_PALACE</BuildingType>
			<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_SCIENCE</YieldType>
			<Yield>3</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldChanges>

to this:
Spoiler :
Code:
	<Building_YieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_DOGE_PALACE</BuildingType>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>3</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldChanges>

I was wondering something. A big stumbling block in my own Venetian civilization was picking a suitable leader. Why did you pick the one you did, and are there any others in Venetian history that would be suitable?
I read the articles on the different doges on Wikipedia. For some reason I thought Andrea Gritti was a suitable leader. For one, he was at the time leader of the condottieri, which fitted since I put them as a UU. Then his portrait just pleased me :)

Nice mod. I really love Venice. ;)
Dubrovnik is already in the game with the latin name Ragusa.
Thanks!

And as isthmus said, no, Dubrovnik isn't in the game!

Neato. Love that the idea of unique palaces and free buildings is seeing some use. Course FFH came up with it first, so credit where credit is due ;).
Huh. Like I'd need FFH to do that? It was simply the best way (and the only one I could see) to make the trait work. I'm sorry but there's no credit for FFH here.

By the way, your code for the yeilds is still wrong. You need to change this:

Spoiler :
Code:
	<Building_YieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>3</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldChanges>

to this:
Spoiler :
Code:
	<Building_YieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>3</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldChanges>
Yes, I have to fix that.

Huh. Like I'd need FFH to do that? It was simply the best way (and the only one I could see) to make the trait work. I'm sorry but there's no credit for FFH here.

I didn't mean that to be insulting :sad:. It was supposed to be unsolicited advertising for your work on that mod... sorry ..

I didn't mean that to be insulting :sad:. It was supposed to be unsolicited advertising for your work on that mod... sorry ..
Ah, that's okay, don't take my outbursts to the letter. People would tell you I'm always like that :rolleyes:

Ragusa of sicily never was a independent city-state, so the pedia is wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ragusa

Well most of the city states in game are just european capitals, they were never real city states.
Ragusa (now Dubrovnik) would have been a better choice to represent the in-game Ragusa but the pedia's not wrong, as such, since it's still got the right info for the right place :)

Well, apart from the fact that nobody ever heard of Ragusa, Sicily. Syracuse´d be a much better choice... ;)

Dawn of Civilization lacks the "Can you build a civ that will stand the test of time?" paragraph ... :D

Just some minor bugs:-

You Have "NONE" set as default BuildingClass for your UB(Citizens), it returns an Invalid Reference.

There are a Bunch of missing Text Entries. Mainly all the _STRATEGY text entries, with a few _TEXT ones too. (I dont remeber them exactly, as I have Updated them so they dont show as errors) in the database.log

Top Bottom