Ventura calls for Selig's indictment

Is there a double standard at work here?

• No, both were treated appropriately according to their offenses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Selig has a lot of culpability, but to compare him to McMahon, who was basically dealing, is stupid.

So, no on prison, but he should've been canned a decade ago.
What? McMahon was basically dealing? Now, as a former professional wrestler myself, I despise Vince McMahon, and what he's done to the industry I love. Not to mention what he continues to do to it. But he wasn't dealing. Turning a blind eye to everything going on in his locker room, and creating an environment that not only condoned, but outright encouraged steroid use, not to mention taking them himself? Yeah, he did all that. Still does, despite mandatory drug tests in his company. But he never dealt.

Jesse's spot-on here as far as I'm concerned.

Once again if we gave our bankers and CEO even half the scrutiny we give these people we wouldn't be having a recession right now.

Once again if we gave our bankers and CEO even half the scrutiny we give these people we wouldn't be having a recession right now.
Come on, we all know that professional wrestlers have far more effect on the economy and society than banking and politics.

I find it telling that it's always the player's sole fault, and only the player's fault, when he uses steroids. I have a hard time believing his team has not noticed the difference, or is not aware of what's going on.

Top Bottom